NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
What difficulty do you play life on?

I play life on Insane.

Not because it's difficult or anything. Just because of all the fucktards I have to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm on very easy mode right now, Master Hand takes a mere few hits. I really need to make a few changes this year because if I'm in the same position this time next year i'm going to start continually banging my head against the wall.

Still, I have 11 months to sort something out so here's hoping :heh:

College now, especially doing exam time is pretty difficult. But normally life is on easy mode. Mostly because I have no goals except for getting to the end of college and have fun doing it. Those are my current goals.

Half a year ago I arrived in a completely new world, so I'm perfectly content just working my way through on easy mode at the moment without worrying about 100% completion.

I play my academic life on Extreme mode (*cough* Guitar Hero...), as I see it as my first priority right now. Wonder how my working life will be. Normal life was probably on Hard, I tend to give myself a lot of stress and pressure, but I've learned to take care of myself. I guess it's on Medium now, I don't survive on water and apples any more, or worry about stuff without dissecting it first!

Ville - have you tried turning your hobbies into paid work, certifications, or qualifications? Involving other people (e.g. music or writing commissions? idk) will make you push yourself harder, and possibly learn more. Or choose something completely new.

Hard mode, dropping myself in a job 150 miles away from family and friends, new job, new stuff to learn, new city etc.

I mean why not, gives you something to do, to work on.

Try a new goal, new career path? New hobby - sports?

Try something completely different :)

I've taken the "medium" difficulty Route 2, which means going through a Masters and a slightly dull lava level, but it should give a better approach on the final boss with a higher score to show for it. Still looking for the secret level full of bonus upgrades and score multipliers though. After that it's starting again on Route 3 to really put my acquired skills to a proper test and earn the reward.

Life throws me Veteran mode, I'm not making it any harder on myself =P

Admittedly you are playing the equivalent of a hardcore Japanese dungeon crawler with "Ultra Edition" epic-level monsters requiring non-stop 57 button-hyper-combos for basic enemies, compared to everyone else's hack-n-slash Tolkien tie-in inexplicably published by EA Sports. :heh:

Er...life's not a game, yo'.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

He was talking about video games, right?

Funny, I used to think of life as a Tactical Espionage Action. Devise strategic routes and overcome obstacles by winging it! Don a cardboard box when things go wrong! :idea:

I've not moved past the tutorial stages yet so I haven't even set a difficulty. Just milling around in blissful ignorance.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

He was talking about video games, right?

He was talking about Fate.

We don't get any continues, the wingmen that back us up are unreliable, you can't restart from a previous save....and cheating can really mess everything up and often ends the whole experience.

Live life like there is no tomorrow, by all means, but prepare yourself for the terrible risk that the sun might rise again.

I've taken the "medium" difficulty Route 2, which means going through a Masters and a slightly dull lava level, but it should give a better approach on the final boss with a higher score to show for it. Still looking for the secret level full of bonus upgrades and score multipliers though. After that it's starting again on Route 3 to really put my acquired skills to a proper test and earn the reward.

Admittedly you are playing the equivalent of a hardcore Japanese dungeon crawler with "Ultra Edition" epic-level monsters requiring non-stop 57 button-hyper-combos for basic enemies, compared to everyone else's hack-n-slash Tolkien tie-in inexplicably published by EA Sports. :heh:

Heh i love that description =P

Life is a game in a way, I think that the OP intention is that you set a level of play in life. How much effort you need to employ to be "successful" or to "win". You can stroll along in sandbox mode, or stick it to the man by playing hardcore style =P You can "win" either way, just the rewards tend to be greater the harder you hit it

We don't get any continues, the wingmen that back us up are unreliable, you can't restart from a previous save....and cheating can really mess everything up and often ends the whole experience.

Ok, then. Life is a really difficult game :)

Don't worry about it. You still got game, yo.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This shit is the equivalent of a run through of Dead Space on Very Easy mode, sure it's ostensibly horrifying and surreal, but you can at least make some progress by mashing forward and hammering the melee button.

Easy, I'm afraid. I have a job, but am not very ambitious. My biggest problem is deciding I want to do something. If something is important to me, I go for it... I'm just not committed to doing that with many things. At the moment, the only thing I'm tackling with any tenacity is going to the gym, which I do four times a week and put a lot of effort in.

BUT.. I do enjoy life, I want to stress that.

I think I mostly play on hard, but not one of those silly modes like insane. It can still get pretty irritating though.

Don't worry about it. You still got game, yo.

But damn the game, if it don't mean nothin'.

I think I mostly play on hard

*titter*

I'm on the loading screen between the tutorial levels and the game. I don't know what level it is, but it's getting a bit frustrating.

[Can I have a career please?!]

Sign in to follow this