NEurope
Murr

Festivals 2012

Actually not too bad there for Download. Wouldn't mind getting a day ticket just for the Saturday (mainly to go and see Halestorm as I've wanted to see them for ages :laughing: Clearly not a metal head anymore if that'd be the main reason for me going lol)

Unfortunately, it's the same weekend as RockNess and I'm seriously thinking of going to that, at least for the Sunday as they've got Biffy Clyro, Friendly Fires, Metronomy and Death in Vegas playing. Plus, Tim Minchin! :D

Some more news for you @Mike1988uk

april-3-news.jpg

In our biggest year to date, we've announced a further 13 acts to this year’s stellar line-up including Refused, Kids in Glass Houses, Lower Than Atlantis, Four Year Strong and many more...

Set to show crowds the shape of punk to come, Swedish band Refused will make their exclusive UK festival appearance at Download. Earlier this year, the band announced their long awaited reunion - this is one comeback show you do NOT want to miss!

Additionally, hardcore punk rockers Gallows return to Donington for our 10th year with their new line-up (including front man Wade McNeil, former Alexisonfire) and a new EP.

Kids in Glass Houses will return following the success of their third studio album Gold Blood, released last year.

Alternative Brit rockers Lower than Atlantis also join the bill for what’s set to be the ultimate 10th birthday celebration.

Bringing the hardcore pop punk, American natives Four Year Strong are joining the line-up with last year’s tour supports and nu metal Brits Don Broco.

Hailing from across the pond, electronic producer Porter Robinson has also been added, alongside Riverside rapper T. Mills.

Other new additions insclude the likes of theatrical rock troupe Fearless Vampire Killers; female-fronted Kobra & The Lotus; German power metallers Edguy; and American blues rock band Rival Sons, fresh from their UK support tour with Black Stone Cherry. Sheffield superstars Black Spiders also return to Donington, following their Download debut in 2009.

And you know what...? It's just over two months to go!!!

Some nice additions there...

Refused

Kids in Glass Houses

Gallows

Lower than Atlantis

Four Year Strong

Don Broco

Porter Robinson

T.Mills

Vampire Killers

Kobra & the Lotus

Edguy

Rival Sons

Black Spiders

Refused, Kids in Glass Houses & Gallows... really decent additions this close to the festival.

Some good news indeed! I'm still looking into going with day tickets. Could be interesting.

Hope no one bought tickets for the UK Sonisphere festival.

Refused were apparently exclusive to them, looks like Andy Copping pinched them after the news of the cancellation.

Awesome! Thanks Murr.

I'm watching a band next week in Manchester called Parkway Drive (very heavy) and Miss May I. They will be my first metal band watching live and i'm watching a swedish metal band called Scar Symmetry in Manchester in May who were the first metal I really got into so looking forward to seeing them.

All preparing me for download in June! :D

Awesome! Thanks Murr.

I'm watching a band next week in Manchester called Parkway Drive (very heavy) and Miss May I. They will be my first metal band watching live and i'm watching a swedish metal band called Scar Symmetry in Manchester in May who were the first metal I really got into so looking forward to seeing them.

All preparing me for download in June! :D

I saw Parkway Drive at Sonisphere last year quality live band, I wish I was going to see them in London on Saturday.

I see Funeral for a Friend have announced they're playing Slam Dunk Festival, I think that's enough to twist my friends arms so I don't end up going on my own.

I saw Parkway Drive at Sonisphere last year quality live band, I wish I was going to see them in London on Saturday.

Sounds good!

It's tuesday evening when they are playing in Manchester which I am watching.

Download just keeps getting better (if you like that sort of thing :p)

MORE BANDS ANNOUNCED -

Lawnmower Deth

No Americana

Silent Descent

Six Hour Sundown

Skindred

The Union

Wow... there are going to be some serious clashes and hard decisions to make on who to see....

Five Finger Death Punch have cancelled for Download.

Five Finger Death Punch will no longer appear at Download 2012

We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but Five Finger Death Punch will no longer be performing at Download 2012.

Here's a statement from the band:

"Due to logistical circumstances beyond their control, Five Finger Death Punch regrettably have to cancel this year's performance at Download. The band apologizes to the fans for any inconvenience, and are currently looking to schedule a return UK performance sometime in the fall of 2012."

There's still a monster amount of bands at Download's 10th anniversary though, so we hope you'll still come and rock out with us in June.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/article/five_finger_death_punch_will_no_longer_appear_at_download_2012

Was really looking forward 2 seeing them as well, excuse me while I go and cry.

I'm saddened to see Sonisphere get cancelled. It really is a cracking festival and I hope they'll bring it back next year.

I want to go to Download but none of my mates are particularly keen for some reason. I really really want to see Soundgarden.

My Download ticket arrived today! :D

Still a bit gutted Five Finger Death Punch are not going to be playing there now.

Oohh Now to wait....

Last year it was very close, Got our tickets a few days before... bricks were shat let's put it that way.

Been buying all my camping gear. New tent, Water holder, Hexistove. Hopefully in June we won't be in torrential weather, but I'm contemplating buying some decent waterproof trousers.

Last year because it was so windy and rainy on the Sunday Jeans were soaked despite my poncho and it ruined the day a bit. My lady was so cold she asked if we could go early.

But yeah that's pretty doom and gloom thinking. hopefully we'll have a scorcher.

Oohh Now to wait....

Last year it was very close, Got our tickets a few days before... bricks were shat let's put it that way.

Been buying all my camping gear. New tent, Water holder, Hexistove. Hopefully in June we won't be in torrential weather, but I'm contemplating buying some decent waterproof trousers.

Last year because it was so windy and rainy on the Sunday Jeans were soaked despite my poncho and it ruined the day a bit. My lady was so cold she asked if we could go early.

But yeah that's pretty doom and gloom thinking. hopefully we'll have a scorcher.

My mate who I am going with as told me to prepare for the worst (just incase), buy a rain coat etc.

Least I'm staying in a hotel! :p

Bags almost packed for download! Mate will be picking me up soon so I best hurry up!!

All going well should get to meet @Murr there as well! :)

Good thing you're staying in a hotel Mike, my sisters gone down with some friends for the weekend and she's staying in a tent. She called this morning, weather is pretty shocking to say the least.

Just posting to say I secretly hate on everybody who's going to Download this year! :p

Nah, seriously, so many awesome bands and I can't see them, it's tragic for me. FML! haha. Hope somebody gets a bit of footage of them, especially Metallica!

What a weekend, went down On the Wednesday. By Thursday the fields were mud baths. When the actual music started on Friday the place was just brown slop. Walking from the campsite to arena you'd walk past dozens of shoes/boots that people had left In the mud!

As for the music itself... Wow. Skindred, Machinehead, prodigy... And of course the mighty Metallica and Sabbath. Brilliant weekend may better with Sunday being a scorcher!

And I did meet @Mike1988uk

What an amazing time.

The fields were so bad on the friday! At the end of the day it was a complete pain to get the car out but some guys helped me push the car out and we were fine. Seen some cars though completely stuck and tractors were trying to pull them out!

Food was expensive but I expected that. And my feet and legs were soooo sore. Was nice going back to a hotel every night though! :p

Was great to see Shinedown live (love them) amongst others and I listened to some bands that I had never heard of which impressed me enough to look at getting there albums.

Watched some of Metallica but we were so far back the sound quality was shit so ended up walking away. Some more speakers further back would have been awesome, although I assume they didn't as the sound would have interfered with the second stage as a band were playing there.

All in all loved my first festival experience! :D

You left while Metallica were on.... Fore-shame! Should of just got closer :p

What did you make of Sabbath? Did you stay and see the pretty fireworks?

You left while Metallica were on.... Fore-shame! Should of just got closer :p

What did you make of Sabbath? Did you stay and see the pretty fireworks?

I know! We made up for it by blasting the black album in the car on the way back to the hotel! lol.

Didn't watch Sabbath either... <runs away>

Didn't watch Sabbath either... <runs away>

Didn't watch Sabbath either...

Didn't watch Sabbath

tumblr_m1es62Oqdq1r5nszm.jpg