NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

You Drive Me Crazy!

This is the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title:
Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Congratulations on passing your test Eenuh.

I should probably try and pass my test this year, I'm getting on a bit now (26).

Well I'm turning 27 next month so yeah, I'm getting on a bit too. =P

Thanks for the comments everyone! =)

Well done Ine! And you were saying you had no chance of passing!!!

Just as a note I'm 99% sure you can only drive on an EU driving licence for so long, then it has to be either retaken or changed...(just if you intend to stay and drive over here)

This is the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title:
Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Congratulations on passing your test Eenuh.

I should probably try and pass my test this year, I'm getting on a bit now (26).

The first thing that popped into my head was Misty's song from the very first Pokémon soundtrack. :heh:

Well done Ine! And you were saying you had no chance of passing!!!

Just as a note I'm 99% sure you can only drive on an EU driving licence for so long, then it has to be either retaken or changed...(just if you intend to stay and drive over here)

I think if I end up living in the UK, I have to either get it changed to an international license or a UK one. The guy who gave me mine wasn't sure. =P

I'll be emailing the Belgian embassy in London I think, I'm sure they'll know. =)

:yay:YAY! :yay:

Now all you have to do is buy this van:

mystery-machine002.jpg

...and I don't know off the top of my head build up a gang (including a dog) and solve mysteries or something.

Well you know. I do what I do what I do.

Congrats Ine. May your days be full of open rides and fuzzy dice!

Congrats!!

Clippin the curb over here is an automatic fail I think. No minor about it! I thought I had hit the curb within the first 5 minutes of my test and had the "feck this" approach to the rest of my test which ended up being a good thing cause I was REALLY relaxed and ended up with only 2 minors. Cant believe I've had my test 3 years now!

I clipped the wheel trim, and got a minor. Once the tyre touches its an autofail. I think the test lady was in a good mood that day because I would say she could have given me a major for it (thus fail)

Congrats Ine! :)

I've really got to re-book my driving test...

Congratulations, Eenuh :) I'm sure you can do Mirror Mode, too :heh:

Your story reminded me of my own test. I mean, I didn't really know what was enough to fail, me and the other dude taking the test were in the dark until the examiner gave his verdict.

Soon after my test began, the examiner pointed out that the hand brake wasn't fully lowered (I was driving around without noticing any issues with speed), that I turned on a signal light improperly, that I misinterpreted one of his commands (I turned on the wrong right) and...that I was driving too slowly (not "dangerous" slow, I was just boring him :heh:)

Still passed :heh: I think he was in a good mood.

Got my test on wednesday. Eeekkk! I'm super scared and nervous which i think will be my ultimate downfall. I need a way to calm my nerves because if something goes wrong i just end up a psychological mess and everything starts going wrong. That happened in a lesson a few weeks back. My last lesson yesterday was great though, so that's a good confidence boost.

Any advice?!

Got my test on wednesday. Eeekkk! I'm super scared and nervous which i think will be my ultimate downfall. I need a way to calm my nerves because if something goes wrong i just end up a psychological mess and everything starts going wrong. That happened in a lesson a few weeks back. My last lesson yesterday was great though, so that's a good confidence boost.

Any advice?!

Just focus on your last lesson and how well it went. You did great then so why wouldn't you be able to do it again?

Also, I found for me it helped that I pretty much knew most of the places we were driving to on the test. I had been driving around for 2-3 hours the day before the test, going through all the streets they might take me to. Being familiar with your surroundings helps a lot to feel less nervous I think, cause you know what to expect. =)

Any advice?!

Some Kalms tablets might help if you're really nervous. I remember my instructor recommending them.

Just focus on your last lesson and how well it went. You did great then so why wouldn't you be able to do it again?

Also, I found for me it helped that I pretty much knew most of the places we were driving to on the test. I had been driving around for 2-3 hours the day before the test, going through all the streets they might take me to. Being familiar with your surroundings helps a lot to feel less nervous I think, cause you know what to expect. =)

My instructor has tried to do that with me. He has taken me around all the test routes he knows that they use so hopefully i will be familiar with the roads.

Some Kalms tablets might help if you're really nervous. I remember my instructor recommending them.

That's not a bad idea actually. I did a little googling and people also say Rescue Remedy works well too. I may nip into Boots at lunch and see if they have either of them. Even if it is just a placebo affect, that's fine by me!

I need to also stop putting so much pressure on it. It is okay to fail, i know that, most people i know didn't pass until further tries, some even 5 or 6 times later, so i have to remember that.

This...

Rescue Remedy is also good, especially if you can get it in chewing gum form. :)

My dad took valium when he had his test, and passed.

A little late to the party.... but that's how I "roll" :rolleyes:

But congrats on passing the driving test Ine

Congratulations Eenuh, I'm so happy for you! :D

To get more confidence on the road, if you drive by yourself, you'll find you'll be more happier and a heck of a lot more confident on the road. It was weird when I drove alone for the first time but after the second time and the third time, I got used to it. You'll be fine though.

Seriously though, very awesome news!

Thanks haha.

Though I've been driving alone for a year and a half already now so it's not really any different for me now that I have my license. Just that I have a pink piece of paper sitting in my wallet now. =P