NEurope
Ashley

Moving House

So for both of you, 600 a month? From the photos it looks a bargain!

It is! But £600 is still a lot of money to spend every month.

We've booked in a viewing for Saturday morning :)

Baring in mind Emma, this is what I'd get here for £600 just for myself (as you can't get flats for 300quid a month in cambridge):

PHOTO_03.jpg

PHOTO_01.jpg

PHOTO_02.jpg

This is something I'm currently looking at :) 1 bedroom though!

Had one viewing on the house, got 4 booked for next week, one of those is the lady who already viewed the place. She wants a 2nd viewing with her partner, so that could be good news!

So we're still looking for a house!

We nearly went for a wonderful 3 bed in Greystones, unfortunately the price was just a little too high.

After posting an ad on gumtree, I received an email about a property in Crookes. It's not exactly were we want to be, but the photos look amazing.

It's offered at £600 unfurnished, or £675 furnished. We'd be going for the cheaper option, is it all a bit too good to be true?

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l526/emmajparr/Everyday%20Stuff/DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

OK that's better: We've said we'll take this and we're just working out the fine details while we wait for the contracts. It's soooooo nice.

Sold our house...

BOOOM

2 weeks on the market and it's gone.

and we've had our offer on the house we like accepted too....

Chuffed to frickin bits! :)

Nice!

Had a good chat with our future landlord last night - things are progressing, albeit slow as balls. They actually live in the house now and we'll obviously need to let them move out before we move in. Right now, that's being held up by lawyers dragging their feet on contracts. Unfortunately we probably won't be able to move during Emma's Easter hols, which would have been ideal.

So we decided to start house hunting again last night, booked a few places for this evening and signed a contract around 7:30pm!

Got a 3 bedroom flat just off Brick Lane (as in a few steps away) and it's £500 a week, which comes to about £722 each per month (when you factor in longer months) all bills (except council tax) included. The place isn't OMG WONDERFUL STUNNING but it has decent sized bedrooms and the fact bills are included helps. The third person is a friend of my housemate's and apparently he's quite/has a home and tattoo parlour in Paris, two in London and is opening one in NYC so won't be around much anyway.

And the one room had a tiiiiiny kitten in. It was only a few centimeters big and really fluffy. Doesn't come with though unfortunately.

We did see another place before that in Hoxton which was really nice. Decent size, all newly fitted, private courtyard area but the second bedroom was tiny so we went for this one. It was a shame about the second room as that place would have been ideal.

Move late April!

Crazy day.

So we decided to start house hunting again last night, booked a few places for this evening and signed a contract around 7:30pm!

Got a 3 bedroom flat just off Brick Lane (as in a few steps away) and it's £500 a week, which comes to about £722 each per month (when you factor in longer months) all bills (except council tax) included. The place isn't OMG WONDERFUL STUNNING but it has decent sized bedrooms and the fact bills are included helps. The third person is a friend of my housemate's and apparently he's quite/has a home and tattoo parlour in Paris, two in London and is opening one in NYC so won't be around much anyway.

And the one room had a tiiiiiny kitten in. It was only a few centimeters big and really fluffy. Doesn't come with though unfortunately.

We did see another place before that in Hoxton which was really nice. Decent size, all newly fitted, private courtyard area but the second bedroom was tiny so we went for this one. It was a shame about the second room as that place would have been ideal.

Move late April!

Crazy day.

Look forward to being offered menus to 10 different Indian restaurants as you walk to your house each day :p

I look forward to visiting!!!

Speaking about (not) moving house and kittens.

I got news today that Environmental Health have approved of a cat. So when I sign the new contract (Saturday) I will be able to get a cat.

Immense win!

Started applying for flats, got one to look at this week hopefully, it's right in town with parking so could be ideal.

There's this gorgeous one bed house I want, it's about the same distance to work as where I am now, but I think given everything I could afford it, but they've not got back to me yet.

Boo! :(

First of the fee's started last night :nono:

£99 to secure our interest rate on our mortgage (we got a pretty nice rate due to the deposit we put down)

£253 for Nationwide (who we've opted to go with) to value the property we're buying.

I can already see my £10k savings designated for legal fee's trickle away...

Should be hearing from our future landlord today whether or not he' secured a date we can work around for moving in. Fingers crossed...

Grats on the moving etc :)

I've just found this gem, it's £400 with water and council tax included and is only 20 minutes from work - it's perfect for me. It's also furnished which is great, means I don't have to mess about and has parking! Everything I've been after!

PHOTO_01.jpg

PHOTO_03.jpg

PHOTO_06.jpg

It's with an agency, so I'm hoping they'll get back to me quickly and that it's good news. Sqee!

I've been really suprised so far at the pictures. All of the places you guys found are furnished so nicely, with modern furniture. Is that normal, or N-Eers have good taste and high standards? :)

Here, dirt-coloured floor tiles, rickety furniture, and highly uninspiring decor are standard, even in the "rich" places. At least, from all the places I've viewed...

In my place, the carpets don't even fit, and it was completely unfurnished. And the inside doors can only be shut from the actual rooms (so I can't shut my kitchen door from my lounge).

Yeah this place wasn't ideal either. Pictures can look nice but they don't tell everything heh.

Like in our flat, we had to change all of the curtains cause the ones here were crap. The only drawer unit in the bedroom can't be used because the drawers are stuck (the wood changed shape due to the dampness in this flat); we had to buy a new unit. And more stuff like that. =P

You got curtains?

I had to go out and buy a blind for my bathroom straight away. It's at the front of the flat and has a clear window (not one of those "frosted" ones. And right opposite it is a pathway on a bit of a hill, which means people walking there would be the same level as my bathroom window.

You got curtains?

They were so ugly and old though that my parents immediately said to take them down and buy new ones. =P

They were so ugly and old though that my parents immediately said to take them down and buy new ones. =P

As part of our offer on the house we're buying we said can they leave the curtains for us :heh:

Purely because our old house had 3 windows that required curtains, and the new house now house 4 sets of windows downstairs alone.

They are old and crap, but curtains are one of the last things we want to spending our savings on once we're moved in.

I had mushrooms growing in my bedroom carpet. (What do I win?)

Either free hallucinations, extra lives or death.

Landlord called: We can probably move in about 2 weeks. AM EXCITE. VERY EXCITE.

Eddie - I've lived in some awful places (as I'm sure people have their horror stories here) specially since moving to Cambridge, so my standards are now high.

I get to see the flat Monday, it's going to be £170 fee for the agency and £100 for moving (that goes towards my rent) and I need to see how much deposit is.

But I'm so excited - it's real and it could be mine!

My first place! :D

So....the reference stage. Is it basically just making sure you're not a bum/are employed and not a gypsy?