NEurope
Mokong

Mini Irish/North Irish N-E Meet Dublin this Friday or Giants Causeway this Saturday?

Kinda of random and on short notice I know, but I thinking of driving up to see the Giants Causeway this Saturday (14th Jan) (weather pending)

I'm going to be in Dublin for a few days and thought of doing a bit of a road trip to see a few things I'd not seen yet on the Saturday.

Incidently anyone in Dublin area I'll also be walking round Henry Street/O'Connel Street on the Friday 13th *creepy music plays* if anyone is around.

On the Saturday I was thinking of driving to Co Louth to find/visit Cú Chulainns Stone as I always wanted to go see it and never have (also want to get some video footage for this year St. Patricks Day video)... and figured since that is near enough the boarder and since I've never been to the Giants Causeway before and always wanted to see it I might as well continue for the extra 2 hour drive north to go see it.

Not sure about times yet... not really a planned roadtrip, more like "I got the free time and I'm on my own might aswell" spur of the moment type thing.

But will prolly leave my cousins house in Dublin in the morning maybe 10am, should take me an hour to get to Cu Chulainns Stone, then 2 hours from there to the Causeway.... so say round 2 - 3pm maybe...depending on if I get lost/stuck in traffic, haha.

I'll likely be on my own, I asked my cousin in Dublin if he'd like to tag along and bring his kids for a trip but I reckon he won't :heh:

So if anyone fancies a mini Meet up and maybe bring your 3DS's too for some StreetPassing and Mario Kart 7 races post up let me know and we can try work out something more specific time wise : peace:

Edited by Mokong

I'm not in Ireland/available for this.

But I definately think some sort of Irish meet should be arranged at some point in time.

I'd quite like a weekend trip to Dublin.

Long Post

You should so do the Giants Causeway - its like 40 minutes from my house but anyway I had to film up there a coule of years ago for my uni course and its sooo pretty - pretty damn cold though cause its windy as heck around it but yeh if you are in the area you should definately go!

Yeah I went once when I was younger, would love to go again and take some photo's it's amazing.

I got one of those '1p in a coin press embossed picture' things! :p

Hey.. I'm actually off work on Saturday so there may be potential for me to hit the Giant's Causeway, @Mokong X\-C :hehe:

In fact, if @Gentleben is available it would be a great day for him to come over for those Northern Irish StreetPass hits :grin:

Edited by nekunando

Yeah I went once when I was younger, would love to go again and take some photo's it's amazing.

I got one of those '1p in a coin press embossed picture' things! :p

One of what now? I dont even have one! Used to take my dogs there during the summer very pretty part of Ireland :grin:

Hey.. I'm actually off work on Saturday so there may be potential for me to hit the Giant's Causeway, @Mokong X\-C :hehe:

In fact, if @Gentleben is available it would be a great day for him to come over for those Northern Irish StreetPass hits :grin:

I would have loved to have either done Ireland or Wales (Cardiff) this weekend, but I'm working 8-4 all weekend sadly.

The weekend of the 28th/29th is looking more likely for me to visit.

You should so do the Giants Causeway - its like 40 minutes from my house but anyway I had to film up there a coule of years ago for my uni course and its sooo pretty - pretty damn cold though cause its windy as heck around it but yeh if you are in the area you should definately go!

So at 40mins from your house... does that mean your up for the (mini) meet?

Wicked nando : peace: I should know better round what time I expect to be there at on Friday, I'll have some sort of proper plan worked out round then... saw the weather forecast earlier and Saturday is so far looking clear :D

I would have loved to have either done Ireland or Wales (Cardiff) this weekend, but I'm working 8-4 all weekend sadly.

The weekend of the 28th/29th is looking more likely for me to visit.

Ah shame you couldn't make it for this weekend.

Anyone else about? I know there's other N-E'ers up that way (can't remember names though :heh:)

Same goes for anyone near the Dublin (Henry/O'Connel Street) area on Friday

It's blooming freezing all over this island this time of year :wink:

And I don't know how long it could be till I get the free time to do this again... so I'm seizing the moment :heh:

Edited by Mokong

It's better up there if it is bad weather. The waves over the stones are AMAZING, I got some great footage. You could also pop into Bushmills which is only 5 minutes away from the causeway. Oldest whiskey distillery in the world!

It's better up there if it is bad weather. The waves over the stones are AMAZING, I got some great footage. You could also pop into Bushmills which is only 5 minutes away from the causeway. Oldest whiskey distillery in the world!

Damnit Platty don't tempt me... my best firends once were Mr. Hennesy and Mr. Jameson.... I've been Wishkey sober for almost 2 years I think......

Damnit Platty don't tempt me... my best firends once were Mr. Hennesy and Mr. Jameson.... I've been Wishkey sober for almost 2 years I think......

They do a special 12 year old which you can only get from Bushmills. Not sold anywhere else in the world. Very tasty. You can also have it personalised with your name on the label. About 40 notes I think :)

I guess you don't understand the meaning of "Don't Tempt Me", haha

*makes note of name "Bushmills" just in case... for viewing/educational reasons*

wicked Diageo I'll prolly be there around the afternoon 12pm, I my sisters place in Wicklow tonight and it should only take me an hour to get to Dublin from here (so says my GPS) so will leave here round 10.30 or 11.

Anyone else in Dublin and free tomorrow?

@edza are you in Dublin?

My presence on Saturday is potentially in jeopardy due to my manager at work requesting a meeting with me at 2pm regarding an investigation into a theft by a customer last week to see if I did enough to prevent it from happening.. or something ::shrug:

My presence on Saturday is potentially in jeopardy due to my manager at work requesting a meeting with me at 2pm regarding an investigation into a theft by a customer last week to see if I did enough to prevent it from happening.. or something ::shrug:

Looking more likely that I'II be in Belfast on the Sat 28th Jan. Planning on the overnight service on Friday night, arrive Sat morning about 10am ish and then catch the 18:30 coach back that same evening.

Anyone else in Dublin and free tomorrow?

@edza are you in Dublin?

I'll be around UCD today if that's at all handy?

(I work right beside it...)

Ah figured you'd prolly be working, I'll likely just stay round the Henry St/O'Connel St area.... no idea where UCD even is actually (it's not near those streets though is it?)

Hmm I have an exam at 2pm (in UCD), because one of the teachers randomly decided to have his exam now instead of pre-Christmas... Could easily go to town though or wherever people are afterwards.

I will be in the city centre in the evening. @herojanitor, keep me updated if you go to the mini-meet :)

Hmm I have an exam at 2pm (in UCD), because one of the teachers randomly decided to have his exam now instead of pre-Christmas... Could easily go to town though or wherever people are afterwards.

Which part of UCD are you heading to?

I'm in the belfield corporate park out beside the football/rugby pitches.

Had agood day walking round the city today, @Diageo met up with me and we had a good laugh... did a lot of walking round Henry Street then just sat down in Burger King without ordering anything and chatted, haha. Cheers for coming along dude, had a good laugh.

Got a few good Street Passes too on my 3DS, so WOOT.]

Got one in Easons before Diageo arrived, then of course got a SP from Diageo and then 3 mins later got another SP while we walked down Henry Street but Diageo didn't get a SP from the guy.

Then while in Burger King, Diageo got an SP but I didn't... though when we parted ways and I got back to my car I spoted the green light on checked my 3DS and got 2 more Sp's.... one was the same guy Diageo got in Burger King that I didn't get, haha

So what's up with tomorrow at the Causeway then... will there be peeps there?

Test:

Weird.... trying to make post with pics of today and it's telling me the post is too short :heh:

EDIT:

Ok seems to be working now.... odd

Anyway had an awesome day out on my road tripping adventures northwards. @/nando/ joined me at the causeway, was awesome getting to meet them.... and Kidnap their Mii's to my 3DS.... though none of the tourists had any 3DS's to give us extra passes...:mad:

Cheers for coming to the causeway lads and hanging out with me, was awesome : peace:

Me at Cú Chulainns Stone, got here round 11.15am both an hour and 15mins drive from me cousins house where I started.

SV200146.jpg

SV200147.jpg

SV200148.jpg

I really like this pic with the sun behind the stone

SV200151.jpg

Over at the Causeway now, arrived round 2.30pm

SV200155.jpg

SV200156.jpg

SV200164.jpg

SV200169.jpg

SV200171.jpg

SV200176.jpg