NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

Well Netflix have confirmed that Cowboy Bebop won't be coming back for a second season. That sucks as I genuinely enjoyed that first season.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Well Netflix have confirmed that Cowboy Bebop won't be coming back for a second season. That sucks as I genuinely enjoyed that first season.

That's rough. Has it not been well received?

Two episodes into the new season of Witcher. Good stuff! Really enjoying the setting and story. It's good to have a continuing, overarching story this time but I should perhaps have seen season 1 before this as some of the details are lost. 

Also really should read the fifth book sometime. 

Yeah I watched 4 of the episodes today and am enjoying it again. Glad to see Ciri is getting better as well. I wasn’t a massive fan of the portrayal in the first season.

Just finished season 2. Fun overall but I definitely feel like this will be a show I appreciate more at the end once everything has come together. There are so many moving parts and political aspects that go on which are obviously seeding things for future seasons that it can feel a bit of a waste of time in short seasons so I have to remind myself that it’ll come together (hopefully!) by the end.

As usual this has stoked my interest in the Witcher again so I’m gonna go try and finish the first book. Had to laugh today when I got a warning on the Kindle app that I’d downloaded it to too many devices, showing just how many times I’ve tried to go back to that first book and never finished it.

I'm surprised that Cowboy Bebop isn't getting a second season.

And for those that have yet to watch Arcane, please go check it out.

Watched Don't Look Up the other day. Really enjoyed it, The cast is spectacular and the story is rather fine with some good laughs. It's not a comedy but it's rather fun to watch because of how absurd it portrays certain groups in society. It didn't feel too long but probably could do with 15 minutes less. 

Spoiler

The only thing I found bad was Dr Mindy's relationship with Brie. It came out of the blue and I suspect it comes down to editing out some scenes with June. 

I also don't understand why more people didn't try to go underground. 

The president getting eaten in the end was a good ending. 

There is a post credit scene, by the way. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

Just two more episodes left of Daredevil season 3. Didn't really feel the need to finish this when it came but recent events made me interested again - along with the villain returning in another show. Really enjoying season 3, especially after season 2 and The Defenders that were both kind of weak. I think they are doing something quite interesting to Matt in this season and it fits the tone of the show very well. The story is also quite intense.

First of all: The first part of Ozark's final season is here :bouncy: 

Secondly: Anybody watching Archive 81?
Just finished the first episode and it's incredibly well shot. Really set the tone.

Very intriguing, but I hope there won't be any major jumpscares :laughing: 

On 21/01/2022 at 6:03 PM, drahkon said:

Secondly: Anybody watching Archive 81?

Just finished the first episode and it's incredibly well shot. Really set the tone.

Very intriguing, but I hope there won't be any major jumpscares :laughing: 

Watched a couple of episodes last night. Enjoying it so far. It's a bit of a slow one, but I love how that adds to the tension and unease.

The characters do suffer a bit from questionable motivations at time, but I can overlook it.

I plan to give Archive81 a go before my subscription expires.

I've finally cancelled it after 8 years, and I doubt I'm going to miss it.

I don't know how on Earth I missed this, but the first teaser for Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio went up the other day...

...and I can't wait!

Forget the voice cast (which is absurdly stacked), what has me most excited here - besides GDT and this being a passion project - is the animation team. Mark Gustafson, the animation director from Wes Anderson's Fantastic Mr. Fox, as co-director? Patrick McHale of Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall fame working on the screenplay? Heck yes, I'm all in on this.

The wait to December is going to be brutal. 

Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 15 got added last week. Already done with it. Now to wait motionless until the next one is added.

1 minute ago, Wesley said:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 15 got added last week. Already done with it. Now to wait motionless until the next one is added.

Yeah I binge watched it last week. Thought the Ireland stuff was maybe a bit weaker but the first 3 or 4 episodes were some of the strongest they've put out in years.

Ugh. May renew for a month, apparently they're moving the marvel shows to Disney. And I still want to finish them at some point. But I don't want to just get a month Disney just to watch them. I stopped watching right before the last episode of Punisher if I recall correctly.

Edited by Sméagol

I can really recommend Daredevil season 3. Just watched that in January and I really enjoyed it. But I haven't watched anything else but Defenders and Jessica Jones. And I don't intend to. 

Problem is I like dare Devil and Jessica Jones, but if I'm going to finish it I'm going to watch everything. And Punisher was a chore. I'm also not in the mood to watch.. I think 5 shows (?) in a short amount of time. Aside from finishing Punisher 1, from the top of my head I think there's a Dare Devil & Jessica Jones s3, and a Luke Cage & Iron Fist & Punisher s2.

Well, at least with Daredevil, you can watch the third season without much else. It starts where Defenders ends, though, so might want to read up on that. But for Defenders, there really is no need to watch Iron Fist or Luke Cage at all. I didn't and understood it perfectly without. It's not that good, though. 

No I've seen defenders. I'm not too sure about the order of stuff that comes afterwards.

Watched the first three episodes of The Cuphead Show. Animation is good and it's fun to see the characters from the game make an appearance. But I don't know if I really enjoy it. Clearly they wanted to make it somehow accessible for both adults and children (they even gave it a Dutch dub), and the thing I can compare it with most may be the good old Tom&Jerry cartoons. Episodes are only 15 minutes, so it's easy to watch one or two when you have a moment to spare.

I'm about halfway through it but I just don't care about it. It's nicely done and all, but I just don't really enjoy it that much. I'm unsure if I will ever finish it. The theme song is superb, though.

I've restarted Castlevania. Watched the first season back in 2017 when I was admitted to the hospital with my son for a month but I don't remember anything from it and I needed a show where the episodes aren't hour-long. I've never played the games but have heard good things about the last couple of seasons so I'll try to see if it's any good.

The Guilty - fantastic movie. It broke me, I'm sad. Jake Gyllenhaal is such a bloody good actor. And big props to all the actors/actresses who you only hear in that movie. I can't fathom how difficult it must be to convey so much just by using your voice.

Highly recommended. Don't expect a jolly good time, though.

29 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The Guilty - fantastic movie. It broke me, I'm sad. Jake Gyllenhaal is such a bloody good actor. And big props to all the actors/actresses who you only hear in that movie. I can't fathom how difficult it must be to convey so much just by using your voice.

Highly recommended. Don't expect a jolly good time, though.

Yup. Amazing movie. It's stupidly intense and I appreciate just how much is achieved with so little. It reminded me a little of Phone Booth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It reminded me a little of Phone Booth. 

Yup, that's exactly what I thought, too. That reminds me, I gotta watch Phone Booth again sometime. :D I need to hear Venom Snake's voice again.

Edited by drahkon