NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

On 18/03/2019 at 12:04 PM, Goafer said:

Not true. Some is made with Unity.

That's not actually what they use... Never mind. :p

So it is claimed The witness in Death Love + Robots (which is from the creators of Into the Spider-verse by the way) doesn't use motion capture (or rotoscoping). Damn. Holy shit. I already thought it was great, but this would elevate it to a fucking masterpiece. I mean come on.. All those Jiggle physics! Which aren't actually physics at all! Jiggle.

Watched the first three episodes of Love, Death + Robots yesterday while my wife slept on the couch. The first episode had a nice twist but wasn't anything special. I enjoyed the second episode a lot, perhaps except the twist. There were some good jokes there.

The third episode was weird and I don't really see a higher meaning with it... except it being weird.

Oh by the way.. If you want to discuss specific Love Death + robots episodes, you should add the title, as Netflix has been experimenting with different episode orders. Your second episode may not be the same as someone else's 2nd episode. I think the first one is the same for everyone, Sonnie.

I'll go check Star Trek in a few minutes, but I also saw another series that was added last week that sounds interesting. It's a Spanish sci-fi romance drama thing. Guy loses family, wants to commit suicide, gets another chance from some strange woman who gives him a device that lets him travel to parallel universes. Title was something like "If I hadn't met you" (in English obviously). I want to check it out, I'll report back when I've done so.

25 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Oh by the way.. If you want to discuss specific Love Death + robots episodes, you should add the title, as Netflix has been experimenting with different episode orders. Your second episode may not be the same as someone else's 2nd episode. I think the first one is the same for everyone, Sonnie.

Oh. Weird. My order is "Sonnie's Edge", "Three robots" and "The Witness".

I've watched the first 4 episodes of Love, Death + Robots myself, with the episodes being Sonnie's Edge, Three Robots, The Witness and Suits and by and large I've enjoyed them. I didn't care for The Witness as, as Goafer has said, it seemed to be over the top and gratuitous in its sexualisation and I didn't really see the need for it. I did love the style of that episode and in shocked it isn't rotoscoped because when I first saw it, my mind went straight for that. Crazy that it's not.

The Sonnie's Edge episode has gotten a lot of flak around the net and I don't really see why as I thought it was fine. Nothing special but still decent. Three Robots was fantastic though and I'd happily watch more of that as I loved the to and fro between the robots and there's plenty of scope to extrapolate that out and explore this post human scenario. Suits was similarly good.

Need to get back to the rest of it as I'm intrigued to see the rest of what's on offer. The same can't be said of the latest batch of Arrested Development as I've just given up watching as I wasn't enjoying it. Very much feels like something that has no gone passed it's time. Perhaps if these episodes were released in the months after last year's batch, which was the original plan, then it might have kept it in the conversation but the ship seems to have well and truly sailed on the show and I suspect that it'll be one of the next ones to see the chop. Shame but at least the first 3 series are still great and it's these that in rewatching and enjoying at the moment.

Cool, I never finished the series. Back then I bought the first 2 DVD's.. Then didn't get around to buy the rest. I didn't buy many DVD's, and anime series back then were released on several DVD's with 4 episodeds max.. I mean I should get the blu-rays some day, but I'll probably go watch it on Netflix.

I must say though, at this point I didn't actually expect to see the anime series before the final Rebuild film.

On 15/03/2019 at 1:08 PM, Grazza said:

Derek was misunderstood genius, in my opinion

I get that quite a bit.

The Death of Superman hit Netflix recently so watched that a couple of days ago. Definitely a good Justice League movie and now I'm just looking forward to the Reign of Supermen. That should be interesting!

Watching Sabrina S2. It's pretty meh, but the opening credits music is worth it.

Tangentially related (as its from a Netflix show) but there's something amusing about him throwing out random Pokémon names (~2:35), particularly the delivery of Tentacool. 

And if anyone hasn't checked out the actual show it's worth doing so.  It's weird it not being on Sunday mornings at the moment.

Season 2 of Mindhunter, one of he best shows on Netflix is finally revealed to come in August:

• Thanks 1

I was just wondering about that the other day. Enjoyed the first season so interested to see what they do with this second one.

I also see that Disenchantment is back in September. I'm hoping with that show that Matt Groening has managed to give it it's own identity a bit more as it felt like it landed somewhere in between the Simpsons and Futurama, using some of the same style of jokes, which I felt detracted from what they were wanting to go for. It was by no means bad but definitely felt a bit flat towards the end so hopefully it'll be a stronger second showing.

Dark Crystal teaser:

Looks gorgeous.

It's weird, I wasn't a fan of the original film. Don't ask me why, I honestly can't remember. I'll go rewatch that one again before this series starts.

And another season 2 coming up already available:

Also, Neon Genesis Evangelion is available as well!

On 21/06/2019 at 8:29 PM, Sméagol said:

And another season 2 coming up already available:

Also, Neon Genesis Evangelion is available as well!

Dark Season 1 was incredible. I may need a bit of a recap before I make a start on the new one though. 

Will I still be able to watch if I haven't seen Jarhead yet?

Last night, we finished Season 2 of Dark after also doing a re-watch of Season 1. Sublime tv show and with just so much depth to it, too. Top tv!

It's the reason why I haven't started it yet (well that and Mario maker and tons of other games). I really need to rewatch season 1, because a video or text recap really doesn't suffice, whereas with Stranger Things (for example) I don't feel the need to rewatch previous seasons.

I was a bit put off by it being in German when I watched the trailer - didn't know that beforehand. But I'll manage once I get it started. It had a sort of Stranger Things vibe, though, and having just watched the third season, I'm not sure it's a good idea to start another show similar to that thematically. Like how I didn't want to watch Vikings while watching GoT.