NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

I need to see him in context and with some lines, but I suspect he's not a bad casting choice.

• Like 1

He seems a bit younger than the Gerald from the series but other than that, looks good.

I watched the first episode of Sabrina yesterday. Enjoyed it but yeah, it's not perfect. I think the show seems a bit long for the story but maybe it's warranted in the end.

Finished Sabrina yesterday. It was ok, but not great. It all seemed a bit incoherent, to be honest. Maybe series 2 will pick up a bit.

The opening music was probably the best bit. That and Richard Coyle.

Korean period zombie drama.

I still haven't finished Sabrina. Dark Souls got in the way. I think it's hilarious how they're being sued by the Satanic Temple for use of the likeness of one of their Baphomet statues. I googled it, and yes, it's pretty much a straight copy:

In other news: Pacific Rim and Altered Carbon are both getting Netflix Original anime series. Plus 3 others.. Apparently one based on a Filipino comic. I didn't know there was such a thing. @Mokong, are you familiar with Trese? It sounds interesting.

Anyone else watched Godless? I had it on my list for an absolute age but finally finished it last night and it's great. Think I enjoyed it more as I'm playing through Red Dead Redemption 2 right now.

So, all 26 episodes of the original 1995 Neon Genesis Evangelion series and two films, The End of Evangelion and Evangelion: Death (True)2, are coming to Netflix in spring of next year!

Just looked past the last few pages and I'd kind of forgotten that Netflix isn't just for watching bad Nic Cage films.

Netflix has just added another episode to Sabrina - chapter 11. Still haven't progressed and might need to restart to watch it through.

Netflix has just added another episode to Sabrina - chapter 11. Still haven't progressed and might need to restart to watch it through.
It's a Christmas special, and it's unrelated to the rest of the plot (although there might be one or two spoilers if you haven't seen the ending of season 1 yet).

If I didn't know that that was a trailer for a Black Mirror episode, I wouldn't want to watch whatever it was. Not an enticing trailer.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

If I didn't know that that was a trailer for a Black Mirror episode, I wouldn't want to watch whatever it was. Not an enticing trailer.

I haven't actually watched it yet.. It's that bad? I'm intrigued by the concept at least.

51 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I haven't actually watched it yet.. It's that bad? I'm intrigued by the concept at least.

It doesn't really tell you much, which means the episode should be more impactful.

Has anyone watched Bird Box?

I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued, then was sold on it completely when I saw that Susanne Bier had directed it but I watched it last night and didn't think too much of it. It isn't bad by any stretch but feels a bit too clichéd and the way it explains the world is pretty clunky. It's an enjoyable couple of hours but not the stand out horror film I was hoping for.

Edited by killthenet

It's a Black Mirror movie but I don't see the point in that. Some episodes are movie length so why not just drop it as an episode? 

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

It's a Black Mirror movie but I don't see the point in that. Some episodes are movie length so why not just drop it as an episode? 

Probably because it's also interactive.

I'm currently watching Atypcal on Netflix, about a boy with autism and his family. It's really good, with both lighthearted comedy with some genuinely funny jokes and some serious topics. 

And now Netflix has added another season of A Series of Unfortunate Events so I have to watch season 2 now as this is supposed to end with season 3.

Edited by MindFreak

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, killthenet said:

Has anyone watched Bird Box?

I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago and was intrigued, then was sold on it completely when I saw that Susanne Bier had directed it but I watched it last night and didn't think too much of it. It isn't bad by any stretch but feels a bit too clichéd and the way it explains the world is pretty clunky. It's an enjoyable couple of hours but not the stand out horror film I was hoping for.

We watched it on New Year's Eve and thought it was alright, too. It's your typical 7/10 film. I've seen a lot of criticism directed towards the ending, most of which I think is harsh. It has an interesting premise, some neat ideas and overall the acting is decent, too. It's not going to win any awards, but it was a good watch. I feel that a lot of viewers were expecting some sort of reasoning as to why the events seemed to be occurring, which wasn't really the point of the story, imo. I enjoyed it and found it satisfying enough. 

3 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

We watched it on New Year's Eve and thought it was alright, too. It's your typical 7/10 film. I've seen a lot of criticism directed towards the ending, most of which I think is harsh. It has an interesting premise, some neat ideas and overall the acting is decent, too. It's not going to win any awards, but it was a good watch. I feel that a lot of viewers were expecting some sort of reasoning as to why the events seemed to be occurring, which wasn't really the point of the story, imo. I enjoyed it and found it satisfying enough. 

Spoiler

To be fair I'm kind of fed up of "cool" endings where you make it up yourself. Although it's nice to have a monster movie where it isn't all given away, it can also feel like the easy way out. Instead of challenging yourself to reveal something without ruining it, you reveal nothing and just end it. The celebration at the end of Bird Box was barely a success, if anything you could consider it like the start of a season of The Walking Dead or something. They're safe, but not for long.They can't live in a school forever, they're making no progress toward understanding anything, do they just hope to survive til someone else solves the problem?

I know the story was just about this small family making it through something much bigger than them, but usually there's a reason for that. Why these three above anyone else? Why are we following their story? Well, it turns out for no reason whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:
  Bird Box (Hide contents)

To be fair I'm kind of fed up of "cool" endings where you make it up yourself. Although it's nice to have a monster movie where it isn't all given away, it can also feel like the easy way out. Instead of challenging yourself to reveal something without ruining it, you reveal nothing and just end it. The celebration at the end of Bird Box was barely a success, if anything you could consider it like the start of a season of The Walking Dead or something. They're safe, but not for long.They can't live in a school forever, they're making no progress toward understanding anything, do they just hope to survive til someone else solves the problem?

Spoiler

I get what you're saying, but let's also be realistic with what they could've done with the ending. If it was a tv series, then there is far greater scope with where they could go, as you'd have maybe 10 hours or storytelling to get through in comparison to just 2. I totally get the comparison to the Walking Dead because I also had a similar sort of comparison in my head with regards to "find somewhere, stay safe, but maybe not for too long, etc". With a 2-hour movie, only so much is possible. The crux of the story is that it's basically a reluctant mother caring for her children and it made sense for the story to be skewed more so to that, rather than spend the 2 hours working out why the events were taking place. 

I do feel that there was enough there earlier on in the film to piece together what the beings were. I guess the true mystery is where they came from and why they were there, but I'm not sure there was enough scope within the film to be able to expose that. The characters in the film are more or less reacting to what's there and can only merely speculate about the events. In fairness to the film, it was never really about "solving the problem" but more or less surviving it.