NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

I know this isn't Netflix, but I couldn't be bothered to make a topic about Sky Box Sets.

But I've been working my way through The Blacklist. I can see why Spader was given the voice of Ultron after seeing this performance (my only experience of him beforehand was Stargate) It seems to be wavering in season 4, but not a bad programme to watch.

I'm now working through Blacklist Redemption, which seems a dodgy tack-on. It's one of those things which you watch and think... It looks alright, but there's no point behind the premise.

Yeah, for some reason I do want to see a gritty reboot of Sabrina the teenage witch. I love the actress, she was great in a horror film I've seen.

Edited by Sméagol

Final Space... well that ending was disappointing as fuck. It fucked over the whole flashback dynamic and made it a waste of time.

You can tell that was a show written with Will Arnett in mind and he wasn't up for it/asked for too much money.

21-09.

Emma Stone ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Avatar: The Last Airbender is being remade by Netflix as a live-action series, and will be helmed by the animated show’s co-creators: Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Jeremy Zuckerman will also be returning to compose for the show.

We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast. 

It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.

Time to make up for The Legend of Korra, guys...it’s a good thing that this is the first time that anyone had remade the show in a live-action setting. 

YES, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE FIRST TIME THAT A LIVE-ACTION REMAKE OF THE ANIMATED SHOW HAS HAPPENED, AND THANK CABBAGES IT IS RETURNING UNDER THE ORIGINAL CREATORS AS A SERIES AS OPPOSED TO UNDER A HOLLYWOOD DIRECTOR WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN HE SETS OUT TO MAKE A MISCAST VERSION OF THIS INTO A FILM. Never happened before. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t shouting. ::shrug:

I absolutely adore this show, having grown up with it on Nickelodeon, and it really is something else. This is another chance for me to implore you, if you haven’t already watched the animated series...do yourself a favour and go watch it. The complete series was released on blu-ray a few months back and can be had for as little as £25, and you won’t regret it. It’s basically a Western-made action-adventure anime heavily influenced by Star Wars taking place in a fictional world heavily inspired by Asia, with a loveable cast of characters and some of the greatest character arcs to be found in any medium. It’s humourous, but filled with wisdom accessible to those young and old(er), and you will likely be shedding a tear (or a waterfall) from time to time. I make a point to watch the show in its entirety every summer, and can’t recommend it enough to those who haven’t seen it. 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished the two seasons of Kim's Convenience that is on Netflix.  It's a charming little family comedy that isn't reasonably 'safe' in terms of comedy, but in an endearing way. Basically like a warm blanket.

Tried to find a trailer that sums it up well but couldn't really find much, so here's a clip tailored to this audience:

Started watching Maniac yesterday. It seems really good with an interesting plotline. Reminds me a bit about one of my favourite movies, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Just got through the Halloween-episode of season 3 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. That was actually pretty good. I'm enjoying the show and it's only got better over time, though some times I wonder how they have the time to do work at all.

Edited by MindFreak

My wife and I settled down to binge the latest season of The Good Place, and found that Netflix have only put ONE episode up.

It seems like they intend to release them once a week.

THIS IS NOT OK NETFLIX. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU DO.

At least you have it. I'm still waiting for them to add season 2 :(

Edited by Tales

The Good Place isn't a Netflix show, so I'm not sure what you were expecting, Bob...

The Good Place isn't a Netflix show, so I'm not sure what you were expecting, Bob...
I was CLEARLY expecting them all to be available at once.

I've decided to blame Netflix.
  • Like 1

It seems Netflix is producing choose-your-own-adventure content. An upcoming Black Mirror episode will be interactive.

They're actually already doing this with some kids shows.. I've seen it, but totally forgot.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:36 PM, bob said:

I was CLEARLY expecting them all to be available at once.

I've decided to blame Netflix.

It's on NBC once a week. Netflix air it as soon as they can. Blame NBC! :D

On 30/09/2018 at 8:09 PM, bob said:

My wife and I settled down to binge the latest season of The Good Place, and found that Netflix have only put ONE episode up.

It seems like they intend to release them once a week.

THIS IS NOT OK NETFLIX. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU DO.

Well it was a double episode...

Just wait until 7 episodes in and they go on winter hiatus. 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, Sméagol said:

It's giving me a bit of a Buffy / Charmed vibe. 

I liked this trailer but I really hope it's a bit more light on the horror angle that they have taken. I actually enjoyed the old show, and though this looks like a great leap up in terms of quality, I hope they can pertain some of the humour from the old show and not just focus on the horror.

(I don't like horrors or scary movies in general.)

Guillermo del Toro will be directing, writing and producing Netflix’s musical stop-motion version of Pinocchio. 

No art form has influenced my life and my work more than animation and no single character in history has had as deep of a personal connection to me as Pinocchio. In our story, Pinocchio is an innocent soul with an uncaring father who gets lost in a world he cannot comprehend. He embarks on an extraordinary journey that leaves him with a deep understanding of his father and the real world. I’ve wanted to make this movie for as long as I can remember.

Watching Season 2 of Making a Murderer - it's so good!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Anyone seen Sabrina yet?

Yeah, its actually fantastic - everyone should watch it!

• Like 1

So is that a reboot of Sabrina The Teenage Witch? Liked that show a lot back in the days so could be fun. I'm about 5 episodes in Season 2 of Castlevania and that is a great show as well. The first season really felt as an introduction, and the first episodes of season 2 I was still in dubio if I liked it or just found it okay. But now it really starts to ramp up. 

20 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So is that a reboot of Sabrina The Teenage Witch?

Sort of.. The previous show (apparently there was a cartoon too in the 70s) was based on the original comic, I believe. The comic itself got a reboot several years ago, introducing more of a horror vibe, though still relatively light-hearted. This new show is based on that. So it's nothing like the old sitcom. I've posted several trailers above, so have a look.

I definitely won't call it fantastic (mostly the writing could be bgetter, that sums it up I guess), but I like it. I have 2 more episodes to go. Should probably watch them tonight since it's Halloween and all. The show does make me want to watch The Witch though, but that's not on our Netflix (anymore).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Sort of.. The previous show (apparently there was a cartoon too in the 70s) was based on the original comic, I believe. The comic itself got a reboot several years ago, introducing more of a horror vibe, though still relatively light-hearted. This new show is based on that. So it's nothing like the old sitcom. I've posted several trailers above, so have a look.

I definitely won't call it fantastic (mostly the writing could be bgetter, that sums it up I guess), but I like it. I have 2 more episodes to go. Should probably watch them tonight since it's Halloween and all. The show does make me want to watch The Witch though, but that's not on our Netflix (anymore).

Yeah what he said.  It is an old American comic and part of the same universe (even if it wasn't called that back then) as Archie, which went on to inspire Riverdale (which itself is darker than the comics).  It's not directly connected to Riverdale, but apparently there's a nod to it.

And apparently whoever owns the rights to Archie has a very "yeah fuck it" approach to the property:

61OphjiVKXL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Weird 1