NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

This Disney/Star Wars/Marvel/Netflix news has nothing to do with the UK. There's never been a wide range of Disney films on UK Netflix, it's never had Star Wars, though did usually have quite a bit of Marvel. The majority of the Disney/Star Wars catalogue is tied to Sky/Sky Go as well as the stuff on DisneyLife.

It's when their contract is up with Sky in this country that it'll be interesting to see what they do. I can't see them throwing away that relationship as if they want the films on TV, they have to be on Sky's streaming platform. But if this new streaming thing in the USA is a success, expect DisneyLife to rebrand/be pushed more.

People caught up on The Expanse? I'm only on s2e2 because i had to rewatch s1 before i started s2. Shit-hot so far

I've heard a lot of people say that's great but I could never get past the first episode. Didn't gel with me at all... does it deserve another shot?

It's coming in October?

Might give it a watch but I don't think that Punisher is that interesting a character. In general, heroes that use guns aren't that interesting, I think. 

• Like 1

It's coming in October?

Might give it a watch but I don't think that Punisher is that interesting a character. In general, heroes that use guns aren't that interesting, I think. 
Same. His plot line in DD was quite interesting, but not sure if I want to watch a whole season of it.

1 hour ago, bob said:
3 hours ago, MindFreak said:
It's coming in October?

Same. His plot line in DD was quite interesting, but not sure if I want to watch a whole season of it.

Thats kind of where I'm at as well. I thought he worked ok as a secondary character in someone else's show but I dont think I'm interested to watch a season where he is the main character.

Has anyone tried The Good Place?

It popped up on my feed as "New episodes on Friday" which would imply I missed the first season [however lone ago] due to improper promotion, however as what can only be assumed to be a popular Netflix original it would've been something to promote alone with Orange is The New Black etc. So I could feel guilty about missing this. I took a punt on it anyway because:

A] Kirsten Bell is fit.

B] Ted Danson is awesome.

The watching of this mainly hinged on B though. And I'm glad I gave it the chance. The missus and I haven't had a programme we could watch together since Suits*/Good Wife*, and due to other on demand shit, I can avoid the asterisk for this.

*Which I watched ahead and she lost interest of.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:07 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

I watched it and mostly enjoyed it. A nice brainless show, so don't expect too much from it. 

On 28/09/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mr_Odwin said:

I watched it and mostly enjoyed it. A nice brainless show, so don't expect too much from it. 

We've worked our way through season 1. With da twist I didn't see coming which I attribute to Danson's acting skillz.

Now when da missus is away I'm trying Santa Clarita Diet.

I started watching The Defenders and am now up to and past episode 3. Besides missing some plot info from Iron Fist, I don't feel that I missed much that I couldn't infer from what was going on in the series so far - I didn't watch Luke Cage either. It's still a bit slow but I think that'll pick up now - I really enjoyed the last 15 minutes of episode 3 and am looking forward to continuing with it this weekend.

The Good Place seems pretty good just a few episodes in.

We are really enjoying the part 4 episodes of Terrace House Aloha State. If anyone's not seen Terrace House yet check it out, I'd recommend the Tokyo one first.

I've watched all of The Good Place, that has currently been released, and really enjoyed it. 

They just added a Belgian series (in French) I was looking forward to.. It's been added to Netflix in other countries a long time ago. It's called Hotel Beau Séjour.

It's about a girl who gets murdered.

And then as a ghost has to find out who murdered her.

I'll start watching tomorrow after Star Trek.

So Beau Séjour was actually really terrible. It was also Dutch spoken, not French, I don't know why I was under the impression it was.

However, I've been really enjoying Mindhunter.

Edited by Sméagol

So I watched Big Mouth a few days ago after I heard everyone say it was garbage...I kinda liked it to be honest.

Pretty funny in places, ended up watching the entire series in two days.

That 1 screen SD option is such good value. I do wish there was a 1 screen HD option though for maybe £6.50.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, Sméagol said:

So Beau Séjour was actually really terrible. It was also Dutch spoken, not French, I don't know why I was under the impression it was.

However, I've been really enjoying Mindhunter.

I've not long started watching Mindhunter myself. Only 3 episodes in but really enjoying it and finding it fascinating. I'm interested in seeing how close the show follows the real life events and discussions with Eddie Kemper. Loved the second episode particularly and the discussions going on there with him. Thought it was really nicely done and just a really interesting watch. I do wish Netflix would dial it back on the gratuitous sex scenes in their shows as here, it adds very little. But yeah, really interested to see how the rest of the show pans out form where I am. Definitely something people should give a go.

Not really watched too much on Netflix recently that's really engaged me as Mindhunter has. The last thing was the recent season of Bojack Horseman, which was brilliant. Sure, it didn't quite hit some of the high notes of seasons 2 and 3 but some of the episodes were so deeply impacting and moving. The whole Princess Caroline story arch and the episode about Bojack's mother were some incredible pieces of writing and standout moments from any TV show that I've watched this year. Having watched this and then watched season 3 of Rick and Morty, I just didn't enjoy that show as I think Bojack, and to an extent F is for Family earlier in the summer, kind of diluted the effect of Rick and Morty and it just paled in comparison. Really interested to see where they take season 5 with Bojack (and season 3 for F is for Family).

Still holding off of watching Stranger Things season 2 yet. I'm apprehensive for watching the show as the first season was so good and reading stories prior to the second season releasing about how they could go on for 4 or 5 seasons has me worried that they're not exactly going to push the story forward massively over what's come before it. So far I've stayed spoiler free but I know I'm going to have to give in and watch soon otherwise something is going to be spoiled.

I loved Mindhunter, but keep in mind it doesn't feel like a "full" season. That guy who plays Ed Kemper though, he's fantastic (well, all of the cast really). There's also a great comparison video comparing the actor with the real Ed Kemper.

Anyway, I like the look of this German Netflix series:

Missus and I started watching Travelers - A most intriguing start to a series (3 episodes in), hoping it keeps it up as the second season is dropping on Boxing Day.

Also fresh Good Place coming in January.

Do people still get "recommended" RuPauls Drag Race like it's going out of style?

On 26/09/2017 at 9:07 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

It popped up on my feed as "New episodes on Friday" which would imply I missed the first season [however lone ago] due to improper promotion, however as what can only be assumed to be a popular Netflix original it would've been something to promote alone with Orange is The New Black etc. So I could feel guilty about missing this. I took a punt on it anyway because:

A] Kirsten Bell is fit.

B] Ted Danson is awesome.

The watching of this mainly hinged on B though. And I'm glad I gave it the chance. The missus and I haven't had a programme we could watch together since Suits*/Good Wife*, and due to other on demand shit, I can avoid the asterisk for this.

*Which I watched ahead and she lost interest of.

Obviously I did (in fact...).  After all, I watched House of Lies and that was at best watchable.

It's an NBC show but similar to stuff like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin and Better Call Saul Netflix has picked up the UK (and perhaps elsewhere) rights.  Guess its a slightly different deal which is why they're claiming its a Netflix original when it's not.

But yeah, it's a lot of fun and I like how they have defied some expectations about what they'd end up doing with it.  Plus its fun seeing Danson clearly having fun.

• Like 1