NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

Is there a specific error code you are getting?

code: r1207

Currently reinstalling the app, I've cleared my cache, checked for duplicate applications, it's all a bit odd.

I'll see how it goes, try turning off my router in a bit if this doesn't work. ::shrug:

Currently reinstalling the app, I've cleared my cache, checked for duplicate applications, it's all a bit odd.

I'll see how it goes, try turning off my router in a bit if this doesn't work. ::shrug:

Have you checked under "settings>system>Netflix" for corrupted files which have yellow exclamation marks?

I have done it all, I reinstalled the app and it seems to have worked, but now I need to reset my password due to another error.

I was thinking of buying it, but this kind of thing worries me.

Never had a problem with my PS3 app for it and the only problem I get when watching it on the PC is something to do with my Java, not Netflix. Hopefully it'll get sorted soon I guess, I still really like the service, even without using the US site.

Have you done the DNS trick to get American content? Pretty sure this is the error you get now when using that, if you haven't signed up to unblock-us.com

Have you done the DNS trick to get American content? Pretty sure this is the error you get now when using that, if you haven't signed up to unblock-us.com

I ended up reinstalling, then ended up with a password reset error. Gave up.

Haha, I'll fix it later.

Nice to see Netflix adding a bit more classic sci-fi, just noticed Red Dwarf and old Doctor Who episodes have been added.

Hadn't bothered to checked out the Kids section on Netflix until today...Hey Arnold!, Ned's Declassified Guide, Spongebob, The Wild Thornberries... /becomes a shut-in

After using Netflix since I came out, I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I'm really enjoying it. The selection isn't great as yet and if I searched for a film, it probably wouldn't have it....but this has inadvertent positive effects. It means I check out stuff I wouldn't bother with usually. I've watched a few films now which haven't been masterpieces by any strecth, but have just been really interesting. I also like the range of TV shows - if anyone here likes Arrested Development and hasn't checked out It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, do so. Also, the streaming quality is top notch and for £6 pm, the whole thing seems pretty good value.

All in all, very pleased :)

tbh I'm barely using it myself. I'm not cancelling yet but...myah. I've seen *most* of the good movies and most of those are buried under a mountain of guff like crap B-grade action movies, family films and trashy comedies. There is great content, but it's still in the minority.

I've just started paying for my first month, but I think in that time I'll see everything I want to and leave it at that.

Plus I got £15 quidco so I'll still be in the plus :p

I'm doing the US Netflix thing. If I watch one episode a ight of everything I want to watch, I'll be done in three years.

Also, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is fucking dire.I hated myself for watching it, it was that bad. And I gave it a good four or five episodes.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome (so says Coolness, so you know it's true), but I guess you need to to be amused by selfish jerks getting into awkward situations to enjoy it. It's probably not for everyone.

If it helps, Danny DeVito joins at the beginning of season 2.

One of my best friends tried a lot of times to get me into It's Always Sunny, but I wasn't having it. I just don't get a kick out of dicks being dicks.

Does the US Netflix have Tim & Eric though?

Got the trial the other day as a fbook game told me I'd get points if I did (it was a lie). Anyway, I can't watch anything as I haven't got the right version of silverlight installed. So I uninstalled and trashed my old one and installed the new one. No difference, still not allowed.

*lies on floor*

Netflix has pretty much removed my need for purchasing any old entertainment going forwards.

It is ALL THERE, Virgin Media bandwidth willing.

One of my best friends tried a lot of times to get me into It's Always Sunny, but I wasn't having it. I just don't get a kick out of dicks being dicks.

I thought you said you enjoyed the N-Europe meets? :heh:

only joking guys...:P

Might have something to do with the brutal amount of boozing I usually subject my liver and renal system to on those occasions :heh:.

Does the US Netflix have Tim & Eric though?

Yeah I've watched about 5 episodes after girlfriends room mate was saying how awesome it was. I've just not got into it. I don't think it has anywhere near enough actualy laugh out loud moments and some lines that are meant to be funny are off the mark. It's not so much dicks being dicks but that they aren't very likeable. I mean take Larry David in Curb he is a dick for all intents and purposes and is really only out to his own end but he has this twisted moral compass that let's be honest we all have and it makes you root for the guy!

Netflix must have been updated majorly - I see Lost In Translation (love), In The Mood For Love (looks good - Wong Kar Wai), Flightplan (watched it this morning after wanting to for 7 years)...have also been watching Portlandia, which is quite awesome - Steve Buscemi and Aubrey Plaza make an appearance every now and then!

Netflix must have been updated majorly - I see Lost In Translation (love), In The Mood For Love (looks good - Wong Kar Wai), Flightplan (watched it this morning after wanting to for 7 years)...have also been watching Portlandia, which is quite awesome - Steve Buscemi and Aubrey Plaza make an appearance every now and then!

Both been on since pretty much from the start...yah Portlandia is meant to be good but the clips I've seen haven't really wooooed me.

Both been on since pretty much from the start...yah Portlandia is meant to be good but the clips I've seen haven't really wooooed me.

In that case, they need a page which lists all genres...the drop-down menu doesn't include all of them. I found both movies through the "Dark" genre, randomly.

Try the first episode - Steve Buscemi is in it! :D It's not award-winning material tbh, but it makes fun of hipsters and indie folks well :)

Sooooo having moved to Canada. I finally have no cash in my UK account so I cancelled my netflix account I knew this would happen at some point but wasn't too bothered because there is a netflix account in this house. However there is no way to sign out of netflix on the ps3 and log into a new account. Some advice said to delete the app...I thought there must be another way and low and behold there is....

Here are the instructions for deactivating.

Navigate to Netflix application (make sure you see the movie box-art images on your TV).

Use the arrows on the controller to do the following keystroke sequence:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

Select Deactivate.

Select Yes to confirm.

Select OK after a message reports that the device has been deactivated

(This may take up to a minute)

The application will display a red screen for few seconds and then return to the "Are you a Netflix member?" page.

Please note that you must reactivate at this point without quitting the application for the deactivation to take effect.

I thought this had to be bullshit! Look at the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT A B START lol....I couldn't believe it was real. But it was! It worked!!!

Is media hint working for anyone else? I was just about to continue watching Haven but I seem to be stuck with Norwegian content now.