NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

I've always thought Netflix sounded pretty sweet so I've decided to give the free trial a whirl. Haven't watched anything yet but it's all very exciting. I'm glad this thread was made, I was this close to signing up for Lovefilm. Cheers Wesley, Daft, Bard.

Related article.

Has it been mentioned anywhere yet how quickly they plan to update so we get more stuff to watch. Obviously more will come but id like it to be worthwhile before I start paying next month.

Hm, unlimited streaming at 1080p.

Unlimited except... it won't take long for my ISP to crack down on my bandwidth and limit me with traffic shaping.

Has it been mentioned anywhere yet how quickly they plan to update so we get more stuff to watch. Obviously more will come but id like it to be worthwhile before I start paying next month.

I've never known there to be a schedule, but there seems to be a semi usual cycling of titles in the recently added section.

Do you know how long it takes for new stuff to appear? I've noticed so far that the newest things on there are a year or two old now.

Signed up, had a look around, checked out some HD stuff and cancelled it (so I don't forget to do so later).

The "HD" doesn't have vibrant colours, black levels are pretty poor and it the picture isn't all that clear. Compared to how good the BBC iPlayer looks on my TV, it's awful. The selection also isn't that good.

I'll be sticking to getting Blu-Rays from Lovefilm.

What are you playing it on? The quality shits all over iPlayer for me, but then I'm streaming on 'X-high/HD'.

What are you playing it on? The quality shits all over iPlayer for me, but then I'm streaming on 'X-high/HD'.

Tried if on PS3 and 360 with ones labelled with both "HD" and "5.1" (as the ones with surround sound are likely to be higher quality). Whereas the iPlayer app that is native to my TV (it's an internet-connected one) and the quality of that is amazing.

Sounds like it might not be streaming in Full HD. I'm pretty sure iPlayer on the PS3 only streams at 720p whereas Netflix is raping my bandwidth on full 1080p (I fucking love Be Broadband). Press Select while it's streaming to see what it's actually streaming.

HD content only streams at HD when the connection is strong enough. So definitely check that.

Do you know how long it takes for new stuff to appear? I've noticed so far that the newest things on there are a year or two old now.

Netflix isn't about brand new content. You get the occasional television show that gets updated regularly, but the majority of content doesn't get up there until a little while after the DVD release.

As far as their update schedule goes, on the Canadian version there tends to be new content released every few weeks. Some of it isn't heavily promoted (especially things like documentaries and niche stuff) so you do have to look for it.

Y'all need to watch THE WIZARD on Netflix - awesome 80's movie! Watched it today with @Josh64 it was really good, if you like classic NES games you'll like this movie.

No wonder it worked when I spontaneously tried it today. I'm sharing someone's account with permission, but the price seems good for what you get. It's so great for iPads.

Y'all need to watch THE WIZARD on Netflix - awesome 80's movie! Watched it today with @Josh64 it was really good, if you like classic NES games you'll like this movie.

Though his older brother was no good at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES :laughing: Who plays all night to get to the first stage?

I watched Power Rangers this morning over breakfast. I was awesome.

I watched Power Rangers this morning over breakfast. I was awesome.

Haha, been watching that as well. Been ages since I've last watched it. Nostalgic.

There's also the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog series and Sonic Underground. Sadly no Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog yet :(.

YES! So awesome I was flicking through with my girlfriend and got so excited when I saw it as only own it on video and don't have a videoplayer anymore!

My one major issue with Netflix is that there is no A-Z from what I can see? You have the front page thats spitting out recommended stuff for each genre and then you have search so if your searching things to watch then you have to know the name of it rather than just browsing through...also from what I can tell you only search by movie titles not director or such. Unless I'm missing an option somewhere.

Though his older brother was no good at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES :laughing: Who plays all night to get to the first stage?

That was his dad playing on the first stage although the game IS really hard... So even getting to where he got is an accomplishment. I managed to get to the 5th level, even Jimmy only got to the 2nd stage.

There's also the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog series and Sonic Underground. Sadly no Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog yet :(.

Tell me about it, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is the best! I don't like the other 2 series cause they're too serious although they're still better than Sonic X.

My one major issue with Netflix is that there is no A-Z from what I can see? You have the front page thats spit

ting out recommended stuff for each genre and then you have search so if your searching things to watch then you have to know the name of it rather than just browsing through...also from what I can tell you only search by movie titles not director or such. Unless I'm missing an option somewhere.

I know you can search by actors so it might be possible to search by directors but that depends if they actually have that stuff written down for their search engine.

If you guys use Twitter you can message them @NetflixUK, if we send them enough messages they should listen lol.

I signed up a few days ago, been watching a movie a day since then but the selection of movies doesn't seem to great right now. Might keep going for a week then cancel.

@f00had Oh yeah, the brother went back to bed didn't he. And I wouldn't know, I've never played the NES version :o I've heard it's rubbish compared to Turtles In Time!

And I might watch some more movies later, I've generally used it for watching TV Series!

Loving the TV series rental. Dr Who, Dexter, Weeds, The 4400, loads of stuff to catch up on and a single season of one series would cost me more than one month's rental. Good value for now while I have stuff I want to watch, but if it doesn't improve in a couple of months then my subscription won't last long. The movie selection is awful.

Yep, definitely needs a boost to the selection- it's properly bottom shelf wares at the moment, bar 3-4 foreign movies I'd like to watch. I've already seen most of the really good ones though.

On that note, EVERYONE WATCH 'TELL NO ONE', It's fucking great. French thriller, stylish as balls and packs a serious punch. It's fantastic.