NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

NETFLIX!

Has finally launched in the UK.

You can get a free month's trial by signing up at https://www.netflix.com/

The price is £5.99 a month for unlimited streaming.

Hopefully this will get competition in the UK heated up a bit because so far LoveFILM pretty much the only big player...

YAY MEDIA!

Lovefilm's streaming service is pretty awful. Low quality and anything new you still have to pay for on top of your subscription.

Also, free month trial plus:

firefly_mmo.jpg

If you still haven't seen it, now is the time.

Just literately posted this in the Wii channel boards >.<

Will probably sign up for a free trial, but there isn't a huge choice available atm (although there is some good stuff) but it's already better than Lovefilms.

Edited by Ike

The thing about these services, is that they can't fully replace the way I watch media (mostly pirating and then buying boxsets).

Mostly due to licensing agreements.

But instead it looks like it'll be a, "Oh I've never seen this before" type thing.

And Netflix just supplements my pirating/buying habits.

Firefly

Brick

Oldboy

Spaced

These are on the US netflix, and if they're available go watch them.

And for the Deadly Premonition fans, Twin Peaks.

Is the PS3 app working?

The abysmal LoveFILM app is reason enough to cancel.

Ive had Netflix for about a year but I've used it as little more than a South Park player.

Buying TV episodes and the occasional movie off the Playstation video store is my preferred method at the moment

Hm, the selection seems a bit small and faulty at the moment - I tried to watch Breaking Bad and Doctor Who and both were "temporarily unavailable"... Firefly and The Thick of It were working though.

Is the PS3 app working?

The abysmal LoveFILM app is reason enough to cancel.

Yes its very true....I've not tried it here yet but if its the same as the Canadian/US one that its like a million times better than Lovefilm.

I'm gonna sign up for free trial I think and see what the range is like. Lovefilm recently made their packages cheaper £9.99 for unlimited streaming and as many disks at a time as you want 2 at a time. I'd like to keep Lovefilm for more recent films on disk but what really appeals to be is netflix range of tv series.

I cancelled Love film t'other day so this is perfect timing. Good riddance. The piece of crap kept saying I had deactivated my PS3. Reactivated it about 3 times before I was on the phone to cancel it.

For fucks sake, why do I have to call in to cancel LoveFilm, and have to deal with their undoubtedly doe eyed, passive aggressive questions? Why can't I just press a fucking button?

Nah, it's easy. They were like 'why are you cancelling' and I was like 'because you blow'. And they were like, 'cool'.

But yeah, you should be able to cancel it without having to call them. Cunts.

Is that actually what you said? I think I'll probably go in depth with that shit. When they ask "Why?" I'll be like, well, how familiar are you with season 5 of Peep Show? And then go on a diatribe that makes me sound like a psychopath.

I couldn't be bothered to linger. Just wanted it cancelled. I'm not going to helpt them improve their crappy service.

Been using netflix all night I love it! Now its a case of weighing up how badly I want to watch the latest movies on rental discs but wow there is so much content to keep you going. Lovefilms online player is such a piece of shit compared.

@The Bard it's like you and @Daft are ross and chandler trying to quit the gym. You're gonna get daft to come over and 'be there' while you call up to cancel, and you'll both come back to the forum with a whole new subscription.

It only slightly disturbs me that I can find comparisons with friends for most situations.

I heard you can only cancel Lovefilm subscriptions at midnight. The PS3 Netflix works flawlessly, I've had the Wii one crash on me 3 times while browsing the selection and the Wii Netflix menus just seems a lot slower overall compared to PS3 but when you're watching a video it's all good. PS3 videos are higher quality but only because the Wii is limited to 480p.

Holy fuck I love it. It's in HD. Fuck you HateFilm with your crappy sub-SD streaming. Also, the TV series. I've wanted to watch Dexter and Arrested Development (I know, STFU) for ages now but they just got away from me. Now? Ohm nom nom nom TV.

@The Bard it's like you and @Daft are ross and chandler trying to quit the gym. You're gonna get daft to come over and 'be there' while you call up to cancel, and you'll both come back to the forum with a whole new subscription.

Should I be worried that that made total sense to me?

OI!

@Daft.

Netflix was also just announced for the Vita in America at CES.

No reason why it wouldn't be on the Vitas over here.

*hears Daft jizz*

I guess that's pretty cool. Can't think of when exactly I'd use it, though. I mean I have a dual monitor desktop in my bedroom.

If I could iPlayer style download stuff for when I'm offline I would definitely jizz all over that.

EDIT: WTF am I saying?! I can watch South Park on the bog. FUCKING A!!

tumblr_lxgfkqdrCr1r3gb3zo1_250.gif

DOUBLE EDIT: Just put the Sony Conference on for lols. Kelly Clarkson's ass is HUUUUUUUUUGGGE!!!

TRIPLE EDIT: That's an even more appropriate GIF now. Score.

Edited by Daft

I've been subscribed to the Canadian Netflix since the month it came out here. The selection was a little bit small when it first started, but after a little while its become pretty good (especially for certain types of content). I use the service at least every few days. The quality is pretty good (depending on your internet connection) and the whole service is really convenient in the way it works. For those on the fence, I'd say go for it, but you may want to wait a few months until the content has picked up a little bit first.

Thought id give the PS3 Netflix app a quick look at, already dont like the fact that I have to sign up for the free trial before I can see whats available on it.

Thank you for reminding me to cancel my Lovefilm account. I've forgotten once already and been charged. Phoned them twice and they are masters of DECEPTION DECEIT AND CHARMING YOU INTO NOT CANCELLING WITH GIFTS AND OFFERS I DON'T EVEN USE.

I need to just shout CANCEL IT CANCEL IT until they do so. UGH. TELEPHONE PEOPLE.