NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Weight Loss & Fitness 2012

I decided on a new hobby to get me fit. It's climbing trees.

And to prove it. Here's a horribly tampered image from instagram, because I can.

IMG_20120726_005222.jpg

I'm shocked! You're the last person I'd expect to use something like Instagram..

What's happening here?

Did some form of exercise every single day last week!

Somehow managed to play tennis incredibly hungover on Saturday and then crawled up to the gym yesterday for a quick workout and then a couple games of badminton.

Joined the gym for 6 weeks , still recoveiring my knee from my op, but want to lose weight in the process

my currect routine

morning

Cup of tea in morning, almond milk, 1 sweetner 30 cal , 1 whey protien shake for lunch 90 calories

early afternoon

gym 2 x 10 mins on bikes

30 min non stop on rowing machine,

5 min on bike warm down

whey protien again 90 cal

cup of tea when i get home 30 cal

dinner at 6pm between 300-600 calories ( typical meal egg or , qourn veggie range stuff, beans lots of salad and veggies)

cup of tea 30 cal

then a gentle 20 min cycle at 8 pm

9 pm small bowl of cerial such as allbran, alpen 150 -200calories

late night a cup of tea again

im trying todrink more water than usual too

-----------

Do you think this will work? i have a bit of a belly after being layed up in bed for he best part of 6 weeks after my op, I am 5 weeks into my rehab.

I hope to return to rowing, baskeball , football after these 6 weeks

I've been trying really hard this year to get fit. I joined a gym at the start of the year and it was going really well - I'd lost a stone by the end of February and gained muscle too. Unfortunately I have had a really bad run of luck recently health wise so I haven't been able to go.

I tore the cartilage in my knee, then just as I had started going back to the gym some chump ran over my foot when I was on my motorbike and now I've been ill for the last 5 weeks. At least being ill means I'm not gaining any weight!

Oh crap i feel for you, i tore my knee cartilage and had a op 10 weeks ago im still recovering, do you need an op to sort it ?

I got the reg number, reported them and then the police hauled them in for an interview. He then completely lied about the whole thing... ah well. Can't believe it happened - when I was considering the potential risks before I got my motorbike having my foot run over was not one I'd expected!

The surgeon has offered me an op for my knee, but we are taking the conservative option. It's responded well to physio so hopefully the need for surgery can be delayed. How are you getting on with your recovery? If you don't mind me asking, what percentage of use do you/your surgein anticipate having when your recovery is full?

Well he said i can return to playing basketball in time, but suggested against long runs and should take up cycling.

I had a 3 month wait for the op by the time it came round i was 80 % healed and could run and jump, but went ahead,

as he warmed me that i can continue as i was but in the future it will tear even worse so to prevent that the op is the best option now in the long term for the rest of my life.

they were able to show me the inside of the knee and it was in a messy state * you cant see how bad it is on mri scanners without the op), they trimmed a little out and it looks nice and neat now,

I think i need about another 6 weeks of recovery im about 65 % healed, but i will be back playing sports before the end of the year,

Edited by yesteryeargames

I had to wait 3 weeks before I could get my ACL reconstructed a few years back. It would have been immediately but the swelling took a long time to come down. It took me about a year but I got full range of motion back and strength. The hardest part was probably mentally trusting that my knee was ok and wasn't going to go again. The surgeon said there's no evidence it would be any more susceptible to tearing again and the fact that I was young meant it would get stronger as I grew.

Its an incredible diet, I've been on it for 3 weeks and not even considered cheating once. I just eat 500cal, Mon Wed Fri... and eat what I want without going overboard for the other days.

Averaging a pretty typical calorie counting total over the week, and I've lost 13.5lbs in 2 weeks.

Theres definitely a weird chemical inbalance in my body that this seems to have regulated on this diet. I went from compulsively *needing* to binge, to actually looking forward to fast days....!

That's amazing!

I actually think it would be pretty easy for me to switch to this. I have been skipping breakfast for about 6 years now, i just can't be bothered. Then a few years ago i started skipping lunch too, because making lunch was too much bother, and it was too expensive to be spending 4 or 5 pounds a day buying sandwiches. So i made do with a snack around 11 every day and then eating a huge dinner in the evening.

I can see it would be pretty simple to just skip the snack on fast days and then curtail my dinner in the evening. I tried yesterday, and made it through the day fine without eating, i just caved a bit and eat far too much for dinner.

I was amazed when Mosely said he lost a stone etc, but was a bit skeptical as he didn't mention what he ate on his food days.....but now i've had confirmation that it works for someone else.....i think i may do it too!

I was sceptical at the start because I thought "that doctor is not REALLY fat and he probably doesn't eat that much in excess" but actually it works brilliantly for me.

I've been 20 stone, and have a pretty bad eating disorder to be honest. So if it can work for me, it can work for anyone.

Its tough at the beginning and you have to STRICTLY count your 500/600 calories, but you are pretty much free for the rest of the time. If you're a big eater (and want to lose weight) its better to up the ratio to 3fasts:4feeds or 3fast:3feed with a sensible cal counting day in the middle somewhere. I think the doc did 2:5 but like I said he's probably not as big an eater as I am. Really its just a matter of trying, experimenting and making changes where you see fit.

My week goes:

Mon fast 500

Tues feed

Wed fast 500

Thu feed

Fri fast 500

Sat feed

Sun intermediate - about 1500ish calories

Its changed my life. I'm actually happy and not depending on food when things go a bit shit. I no longer binge and I have a weird indescribable feeling of well being. << that part being possibly the BEST part of the whole thing.

Minimins.com is a great place to go if anyone wants to do it and needs support/has questions. The sub forum is called JUDDD (dr johnsons upday downday) but its basically the same thing =) I basically live there now =P

Friday 10/08/12 DD

Breakfast (8)

SF jelly 8 cals

Lunch (253)

2 x Nimble 102

30g phili 33

snap pot spag hoops 118

Dinner (238)

chicken 195

mushrooms 16

25 g phili 27

499/500

Something like that or just don't eat until evening and have a 400/500 cal meal. Some people actually fast properly and eat nothing, just drink plenty.

I couldn't live on 500 per day. That's pretty much what I have for dinner. D:

I'm back on the weight loss bandwagon after having a stop in Eat-Whatever-You-Like last week (also known as home in Belgium). My family provided me with the food I liked and missed and I pretty much regained what I had lost.

Buuuut, this week I am back on my carb free diet (or almost carb free, there has been some, like a sneaky donut at work) and I am already back on the weight I was before I went home, whoo! Lost 2.3 kg since Tuesday. =)

Still plan to lose about 10 haha.

Basically I stick to about 1200-1300 calories per day. Cut out pasta, bread, rice, potatoes. Seems to work well and the only time I am hungry is when it is time for dinner, mmm. This is my typical meal plan of the day:

Breakfast

- Yakult (Light)

- Scrambled eggs (3 eggs but only 1 yolk + tiny bit of skimmed milk)

Snack

- 0% fat vanilla yoghurt with some extra bran added in

Lunch

- Salad made from 1 carrot, 1 tomato and some (Iceberg lettuce)

- A hard boiled egg and some light dressing to go with it

- Can of Coke Zero

Snack

- 0% fat vanilla yoghurt with some extra bran added in

Dinner

- Either some chicken or salmon, cooked or oven steamed

- Sweet peppers and onion

- A curry sauce or a low fat tomato sauce

- Scrambled eggs (again only 1 yolk)

Hmm, there's no way I could eat just that and have the energy for exercise, work, etc. I've fasted before, during Ramadan (which can be utterly insane during Summer, get up and eat before 4/5, don't eat until 9pm...) and your body feels terrible. It's for a whole month, so it is pretty hardcore. No fluids allowed either. Personally, I found it quite dangerous.

Basically, I think eating smaller but eating something every 3 hours or so is more manageable for me, plus it gives you the energy/nutrients that are needed when exercising. I'm finding the current diet pretty easy and I think it's working for me.

Trying my first proper fast day today. I think i'll try a 2:5 to begin with, and see how that goes. So i'll do one today, and then maybe another on Thursday perhaps.....i should organise it properly really. I'm not really that fussed about losing weight, i'm only interested in the health benefits of it.

Planning on having beans on toasts tonight i think, which is around 500/600 calories.

@Raining_again what do you typically eat on one of your food days? Do you seriously just eat anything?