NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

Might be time to get firm plans in place? The meet is growing and I'm not sure if it can be blagged anymore. :laughing:

... Seriously, has nobody realised that Rummy has had a plan in place since he made this thread like, what, six months ago? :p

... Seriously, has nobody realised that Rummy has had a plan in place since he made this thread like, what, six months ago? :p

Indeed, the plans are indeed set. At least this time, we have a firm rainy-day place decided. Compared to last years shambles with the rain, it's better.

Here is hoping it does not rain.

Definites

Goafer

Cube

Dannyboy

Peeps

ReZourceman

Jimbob

Goron

Zell

Maybes

Rummy

Retro_Link

It is difficult to find rooms of more than 8 people, so I think we should go ahead and book

"Generator Hostel"

for 8 people, (£232) that at least guarantees us a room. If more than 8 people want to join us, then we can all have fun in the room, then the others can go to another room to physically sleep.

I need to check how much deposit they would want as I am skint.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=1&pn=1&ps=1&tab=description&destinationId=549499&searchDestination=London&hotelId=259199&arrivalDate=30-06-2012&departureDate=01-07-2012&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=8&roomno=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

Okay, so....if non-definites want to join us, I would just book a random bed in the same hostel. That way, you can join us in the room, and simply go into your own rooms when the fun evening activities end? Does that sound cool? Better book it now, but as I said, I am very skint. Options;

Either, A) If say (at least) 4 people can pay me now/soon, preferably by direct bank transfer, I can book it with a bit more comfort (it wouldn't normally be a problem, but I get paid on the 8th, my rent is due on the 5th ~so 6th cos of Jubilee~ and I am severely overdrawn. I have a big overdraft,but this on top of everything else would push me too close to the limit for my liking)

OR

B) If someone else wants to book it then awesome. I can pay a lump sum into your bank on Wednesday.

What do you guys want to do?

Anyway, £232 divided by 8 is £29 each. Potential booking fees, we could call it £30 each.

I think thats pretty reasonable. Anyway, we should book it today ideally, before it gets too late. What do y'all wanna do?

I can pare my share now as well, though I don't know if there's any hassle with transferring between countries.

I can pay on Friday if that's any help?

Currently overdrawn myself at the moment :(

Right, everyone just pay me when we are there.

Hostel has had to be changed, as the other one sold out.

This one is on the Bakerloo line, Kensal Green and it is called "Hostel 639" and is £176 for eight people, that is £22 each.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?tab=description&destinationId=549499&destination=London%2C+United+Kingdom&hotelId=325381&arrivalDate=30-06-2012&departureDate=01-07-2012&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

Have fun guys.

Safe to say I'm not going, it's a shame as I live pretty nearby now (Cambridge) but as I'm moving the 30th and leaving for New York on the 1st, I won't have a chance in hell.

Pictures as usual please! :)

Right, everyone just pay me when we are there.

Hostel has had to be changed, as the other one sold out.

This one is on the Bakerloo line, Kensal Green and it is called "Hostel 639" and is £176 for eight people, that is £22 each.

http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?tab=description&destinationId=549499&destination=London%2C+United+Kingdom&hotelId=325381&arrivalDate=30-06-2012&departureDate=01-07-2012&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first

£22? That's pretty tidy. I'd considered joining, but it seems once more family related barbecue events may once more call some early attention. What's the general plans of everyone for the entire weekend?

I'm around until about 3pm on the Sunday, @Rummy. I'm up for a mega sesh on Saturday night!

Annoyingly I might want to come back my way for a thing at my brother's on the Saturday evening, though I'll see how things go. Just wondering on the whole what folks were upto etc itinery wise and try to fit myself into anything as best I can/if I can! Hoping to be there nice and early on the saturday to make the most of the day though!

Pictures as usual please! :)

I'm planning a travelling vlog of the whole trip. :)

Also, thanks for reminding me that I need to exchange some money, ReZ! It had slipped my mind.

Well I said awhile ago I was looking at coming but have gone quiet since then...

Unfortunately I am 100% unable to go, something has come up work wise.

Hope you all have a great time though! :)

Put me down as a maybe for this! I hadn't really thought about it, but i might be able to go. I would be back at work on the monday though, so i would have to leave on sunday. I'll have a look how much trains/coaches are as i guess driving down would be a no-no. Stupid London.

See first post for attendance.

Willl update and post in first post as time progresses. Just done it rough here cos I'm at work.

Edited by Rummy

I feel left out. Mark me down in the 'No:' section...

I just need to say I'm not coming it's been a while since I registered an interest. Basically though the cost of the whole trip down to London is too much especially as I've said with other leaving things occuring prior to me moving to Canada.

Wow, very low numbers this year. Still should be an epic blast anyway. Probably have a few surprised in-store with mystery guests* appearing.

*I'm only guessing, i know of no extra people coming.

That list has two people missing that I know of. Goron_3 is coming, and I'll be turning up at some point in the afternoon.

Yeah, the Facebook group has twelve people listed as confirmed. And ten maybes, but some of them have since said they're not going.

But if less people go to the meet this year, it's clearly because Jay's not going.