NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

This sounds like fun, but I am at a conference in America that week...boo.

Would we great if we did go Go-Karting...

And the people who weren't racing at the time took turns filming it; only for all the footage to be edited with visual effects into a Live Action N-E Mario Kart! :p

Go-karting would be awesome, but is there anywhere nearby?

I'm still hanging around, I'm nearby, so I can drop in, but I'm still unsure of work, it's difficult to get people to switch 12 hour shifts.

Regarding Go-Karting, the nearest one is the one at the Docklands (which from Central London should be a relatively short ride on the tube),

theraceway-map.jpg

Local Transport:

Underground - North Greenwich Station, Jubilee Line

Courtesy Buses:

We operate a courtesy bus service from and to North Greenwich/Charlton Station. To organise collection/drop-off please speak to your sales representative at the time of booking.

The different formats they have sound good depending on how many people there are... http://www.theraceway.com/docklands/events.htm

The only thing is there are no prices on the website, you have to give them a ring, which could mean it's pricey I dunno?

If it wasn't too bad, would be great because it's not dependant on weather, and we'd have a real focus for half the day, and would have plenty of chance to all chat and have fun.

---

Looks nice. Even has a banked corner! :D

Track is pretty narrow in places! Could certainly make for a chaotic/bumping Mario Kart race!

Wonder if they supply helmet cams?

---

Anyway it's just an option... obviously we'd all have to agree on it otherwise it wouldn't be fair... and definately price dependant.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd be well up for coming if go karting was involved. Been years since I've been (last time I went was to that place near Durham that, at the time, had the 2nd biggest karting track in Europe and it was great fun :D)

Unfortunately, I can't commit to anything yet as my graduation/grad ball is the week beforehand and I'm waiting to see what plans are transpiring after that as part of one last huge goodbye to uni. Probably be late May before I can even say if I'm maybe coming down.

I once drove a Land Rover in "farming gear" in a field. I think I'm experienced enough for go karting.

gokarting is ace, i'd be up for it, even if it meant coming down two days in a row.

If there's a football game happening I'll come. <- swear I posted this last night but apparently not!

I got an open return on the train ticket, so yeah. And i'm up on the Friday in the case anyone is available for a mini-meet as it were on the eve of the main one.

If there's a football game happening I'll come. <- swear I posted this last night but apparently not!

Wrong thread. You posted it in the love thread, which quite frankly didn't make much sense. :p

Some football may also help persuade me to make the trip this year :heh:

I love football!

I didn't understand @Charlie's reply either :p

I was trying to say tell you that there wasn't going to be a football game going on so that you wouldn't in come when in actual fact there most likely will be. :P

I was trying to say tell you that there wasn't going to be a football game going on so that you wouldn't in come when in actual fact there most likely will be. :P

Are you going?

THERE IS NO TURNING BACK NOW.

*Waits for Goafer to tell Danny that unfortunately he can't pick him up at the airport*

Stansted Airport, to be exact. :) It's where I've always gone when travelling to London, so I know it well by now, plus the flights are often very cheap and still great.

I will start looking into accommodation soon guys. A proper confirmation didn't really happen last time, but can we get a 100% accommodation list? I'll collate it soon in fact. Thats probably the problem, me collating rather than lack of reply haha.