NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

Online Storage

Hey guys!

So I was wondering what online storage people use.

I use DropBox but I've nearly filled it.

I also use SkyDrive but it's pretty slow and shitty.

I've just started using SugarSync and that has 5GB free, with a decent desktop app.

It's just like DropBox but 5GB instead of 2GB.

If anyone wants to try it they could always use my referral link and get 5.25GB too.

:D

https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=djzvze0w8jrnz&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral

But yeah I was thinking of paying for a DropBox account... not sure if it's worth it yet though.

Okay, also with SugarSync you can complete little tasks like, "Upload a file!" and get more space.

You can get just over 6GB by just simply using it.

I don't really use it, but I've got a 50GB Box.net account. It was free with my HP Touchpad, so I thought I may as well.

I used to use DropBox, but deleted my account after some kind of security issue was discovered. I don't really have a need for cloud storage, so I stick to external HDDs, and use Gmail to back-up small things like homework, or things I intend to print via another computer.

According to someone I've talked to who runs a web business, SugarSync > DropBox. A few of my friends have also mentioned Amazon's cloud, but I think that's more expensive and suitable for big projects/businesses. They may sponsor you if you use their services for an academic project - they sponsored my friend's final year project. (btw everyone I've mentioned studied Computer Science, i.e. legit/informed advice.)

Sign in to follow this