NEurope
Retro_Link

Sonic 4: Episode 2

The second episode is the last.

I thought they originally planned it as three episodes... I'm clearly hugely misinformed, either that or I just naturally assumed this would be the case, e.g ep 1 - just Sonic, ep 2 - Sonic & Tails, ep 3 - Sonic, Tails & Knuckles.

Oh well, at least this means they can move on quicker I suppose but I'm still certain that I'm going to very much enjoy episode II anyway. :)

There was a rumour there would be 3-4 episodes, but I think it depended on how well each episode sold. They probably changed their minds after feedback from Episode 1 :laughing:

Bought Episode 2 off Steam, will buy Xbox version tomorrow. So far played the first zone and act 1 of the second. The physics does feel better to me, although I never had a problem with Episode 1's. Bit hard to judge as my laptop doesn't seem to be able play it very well. Also it doesn't seem to recognise any off my controllers so it feels unnatural to me to use the keyboard.

Kept missing the warp ring to the special stage as well :hmm:

Looks like SEGA doesn't want to commit to Episode III..

There is no secret ending. So no teaser like we had in Episode 1 with Metal Sonic

Microsoft are terrible for getting their new XBLA games up on Wednesdays... I don't get what the problem is, Nintendo manage to have their VC games usually up by the early hours of Thursday morning but with XBLA games we seem to be 'lucky' if we get them by Mid-Day often having to wait until the afternoon, I just don't understand it. ::shrug:

Oh well, back to waiting.

Microsoft are terrible for getting their new XBLA games up on Wednesdays... I don't get what the problem is, Nintendo manage to have their VC games usually up by the early hours of Thursday morning but with XBLA games we seem to be 'lucky' if we get them by Mid-Day often having to wait until the afternoon, I just don't understand it. ::shrug:

Yeah, I was hoping to download it and have a quick play before I have to go work early afternoon, but seems I am going to have to wait till late tonight or tomorrow morning!

Doesn't it have something to do with they release the games the morning American time (is it PST?) and coz we are 5 hours ahead that's why we don't get it straight away.

You think that's bad? Sony updates the European PSN store a day after American one and it's usually at around 4pm! At least with Xbox you have games by noon

Yep, just checked and it's finally up! :)

Downloading it now. :D

Is the trial version not available through the website yet, or am I just being blind?

Cannot wait to get this downloaded PSN will have been updated by the time I get home :)

So in the game's Downloads bit, it has both the game free and purchase...after I spent 1200 points to get it. What is this madness?

Completed this yesterday, spent the best part of the day earning most of the achievements, it's every bit as awesome as I expected it to be :D sure it's not perfect but I wasn't expecting perfection, just fun so I wasn't let down. :)

Despite enjoying episode 1 I dont think im going to get this. Watched a few videos and it doesnt look that great to me.

I just have one achievement left to get where I have to play as Tails 50 times but everyone online picks him so they can get the trophy too lol.

Despite enjoying episode 1 I dont think im going to get this. Watched a few videos and it doesnt look that great to me.

Really? I think this game is better than Episode 1 in every way, if you liked Ep. 1 it'd be a shame to miss out on this game.

This game does have its faults. The Special Stages for example are near impossible with the later ones unless you have a second person...plus I keep getting screwed out of doing levels without dying

Oh man, I can definitely imagine repeating those special stages being a pain in the ass. The music they use for it is possibly the most annoying BGM in the game.

I'm going to wait a while before I buy this personally as I really need to be in the mood when it comes to Sonic 4, that and I've let my family borrow my TV because theirs broke.

But back on to the topic of music, they've definitely made an overall improvement from Episode 1. Still some very annoying themes, but here's a couple I absolutely love:

Thank god they composed Metal Sonic's boss theme to be longer than Robotnik's boss theme. That fucking theme was like what, 5~6 seconds but looped? I ended up time attacking with the sound off.

Edited by Debug Mode

I just have one achievement left to get where I have to play as Tails 50 times but everyone online picks him so they can get the trophy too lol.

You not got a second controller so u can just do it local co-op? That is how I got it, just re-did the first special stage but fail on the first bit 50 times!

This game does have its faults. The Special Stages for example are near impossible with the later ones unless you have a second person...plus I keep getting screwed out of doing levels without dying

I did them all on my own! :p Although the last one was a bitch though, lost count of how many times I re-tried that one.

What I found even harder than just doing them was doing the first one collecting all the rings for the achievement. Again I managed to do it on my own but jesus the amount of attempts!

In case anyone doesn't know if it looks like you are going to fail the special stage (you see the area coming closer which signals the end of that 'round' then you can just press start and retry, you don't lose a life and saves you having to re-do a level again just to get to the special stage).

You not got a second controller so u can just do it local co-op? That is how I got it, just re-did the first special stage but fail on the first bit 50 times!

I did them all on my own! :p Although the last one was a bitch though, lost count of how many times I re-tried that one.

What I found even harder than just doing them was doing the first one collecting all the rings for the achievement. Again I managed to do it on my own but jesus the amount of attempts!

In case anyone doesn't know if it looks like you are going to fail the special stage (you see the area coming closer which signals the end of that 'round' then you can just press start and retry, you don't lose a life and saves you having to re-do a level again just to get to the special stage).

Oooh. I'll use that next time. Thanks :)

Yeah, music is still pretty bad. Better than Episode I but after Generations it was a massive disappointment. I do like how they mixed some old music into the songs though.

First Metal Sonic boss was a bit cheap when he starts destroying the path without much warning and hardly any time to dodge.

Special Stage 7 can fuck right off

lol this was me on Wednesday :heh: just in case anyone doesn't know if you're retrying any Special Stage, you're near the end of it and you 'know' that you haven't got enough rings you can pause the game and select 'retry' which at least eliminates having to redo a whole level just to get a chance at maybe beating the stage. :)

lol this was me on Wednesday :heh: just in case anyone doesn't know if you're retrying any Special Stage, you're near the end of it and you 'know' that you haven't got enough rings you can pause the game and select 'retry' which at least eliminates having to redo a whole level just to get a chance at maybe beating the stage. :)

See my post further up! ;) :p