NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The big bad

Prices for rev controller

I ve just been to gyration's website and there chepest mouse is $79. jeez man mutiplayer gaming has never seemed so exspensive

check it out here http://www.gyration.com/en-US/Products.htm

now i am only speculating but there are some features on that mouse that we dont need on the revolution to make it cheaper but iam just throwing this little insight into the ball park to see what you think.

are they going to make this the peice of hard wear that they lose money on. like microsoft and the xbox 360

hell no they arent like that, i think the controller will cost as much as the wavebird did when it was new: £40. which i sadly did pay for when now its only like £20 :(

i dont think theyl make the controller that much.

actually just checking that is about £45. its close to the price of the wavebird.

i hope they dont make them cost that much. otherwise im not gonna have a lot of mulitplayer games.

I bought a gyration mouse for 30$ :)

And The revolution controller does not use Gyrotechnolgy but somthing different.

Im with the wavebird price, though maybe a little more because of the technology, thouhgh nintendo, being the way they are , will probably make it cheaper.

Wavebird's in my local gamestationa re £30 atm, though it was half price when i got it so it only cost me 15 quid

So say you were playing fps with this mouse, you would move it about like a light gun to aim and the click the buttons to fire?

£40

are.you.fucking.joking

Wireless 360 controllers are £32, and I thought that was expensive!

i hope you realise that they didnt spend 4 years of so developing this controller to sell it for £50 each...

it will be no more than £30, im predicting £25

The Rev controller does have gyration technology I think, that's part of it, the way it detects distance from the TV is different though, that's due to the sensor you place on top of it.

Anyway, a wireless controller with motion sensors, rumble and a rechargable battery with enough life to be able to do all these things and last for a decent amount of time....it's not going to be cheap, there's no doubt about it. £40 for a controller alone seems like a very realistic estimate to me just now.

Considering everything the controller does, it would hardly be surprising if it did cost less than the XBox360 and PS3 ones. I'd be okay about paying £40 for them, seeing as that's how much the Wavebird is.

I'm sure Nintendo is able to sell the controllers at a loss if it costs too much. It won't hurt them THAT much, I doubt it will hurt them at all really. :heh:

I don´think they´ll be too expensive. I think the pricetag will be around £25-30 but in the early days of it´s release it´ll probably be around £35-40, for stores tend to charge extra when something new is released and that´s because of the greedy distributor. I know the distributor over here, where I live tend to raise the price quite a bit. That´s why games and accessories in Britain are often (if not always) alot cheaper in Britain than over here.

Well i guess that you guys are barking up the right tree but was just pointing out that these new contollers might be a little more exspensive that normal boring controllers.

Revolution control(remote) $30-$40 but $40 is unlikely. Attachments will range is price between $3-$6.

Revolution control(remote) $30-$40 but $40 is unlikely. Attachments will range is price between $3-$6.

If this turns out true I'll believe everyhting you ever say BigTac and love you forever. If it's only that then I'll be getting 4 player multiplayer as soon as I get it.

The thing to remember, scales of production make a huge difference to the unit cost of an item. How many people can you see buying a Gyration mouse for their PC? Their production runs are probably running in the low thousands, whereas the Revolution controller is going to be running into the hundreds of thousands, if not millions eventually. That will bring the price way down from what Gyration charges for their mice.

The Revolution controller won't cost that much... It doesn't need much material (no high quality analogs and such) because it's small and simple. A big part of the movement determination is done by the sensor that comes with the Revolution, and the tilt sensor won't cost much (it doesn't in GBA cartridges anyway). The most expensive about it will probably be the Bluetooth and rechargable battery, but those technologies have been dropping in price for years now and won't make it expensive. I'd say €40, but probably less.

Sign in to follow this