NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct Conference 2: December 27th

Nintendo will be holding the second installment in its "Nintendo Direct" series of web broadcasts on the 27th. The show's Ustream page was updated with notice of the broadcast. The listing promises the latest information on Wii and 3DS.

To watch the broadcast for yourself, visit the Nintendo Direct Ustream page at 12:00 Noon (JST) on the 27th.

Source: http://andriasang.com/comzhe/nintendo_direct/

There were some interesting Japanese reveals in the last one...wondering what weill be in the next. Just wish it wasn't at 12 JST in Japan. I liked the last one being at 12:00 our time

What's that in our time?

I can't remember what was shown at the last one. Recap anyone? :D

EDIT: Wait is this the same type conference that was shown pre-TGS? The one that showed off MH3G, MH4 etc?

EDIT2: It looks as though it is. The last one was amazing, so I hope this one is on par with it. Dragon Quest 7 for 3DS please!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

What's that in our time?

I can't remember what was shown at the last one. Recap anyone? :D

EDIT: Wait is this the same type conference that was shown pre-TGS? The one that showed off MH3G, MH4 etc?

EDIT2: It looks as though it is. The last one was amazing, so I hope this one is on par with it. Dragon Quest 7 for 3DS please!

No, you're thinking of the pre-TGS conference.

The first Nintendo Direct had information on the 3DS update, Mario Kart 7's online network features and reveals of a bunch of first party eShop games (like Sakura Samurai, Letter Box) and Lost Heroes.

It should coincide with 3DS passing the 4 million mark in Japan, so...

Advance Wars 3DS, please!

New Franchise 3DS, please :D

Fuck yes.

New Franchise 3DS is my most anticipated 3DS gaaaaaaaame.

This was recorded on the 19th, and will supposedly focus on the games to be released around March-ish, so we'll probably be talking trailers and dates for things like Metal Gear Solid 3D, Dynasty Warriors, Kid Icarus, Hatsune Miku, Love Plus and Theatrhythm. Perhaps a few new eShop games too.

If we (well, the Japanese) are lucky, we might get (Japanese) confirmation of first party games to be released before June (Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing).

I think it's best to measure expectations.

I'm really hoping for some previously unannounced Wii game to fill the gap until the Wii U launch.

I'm really hoping for some previously unannounced Wii game to fill the gap until the Wii U launch.

I'd happily take Excitebots and Fatal Frame IV :heh:

Can now only reasonably assume that the broadcast will elaborate on the Nikkei story that broke today (tomorrow?)

News: Nintendo to Roll Out Paid DLC in March

Nintendo will be the first to introduce paid downloadable content on 3DS, according to a new report...

A new report in reliable Japanese publication Nikkei will tomorrow confirm that Nintendo will itself debut paid downloadable add-on content (DLC) on 3DS in March.

The report states that the first game to offer paid DLC will be the 3DS entry of Nintendo's Fire Emblem series. It isn't confirmed what kind of DLC will be offered, but players will be able to pay for content in the same manner that they purchase software off the eShop: via either a credit card or pre-paid card.

Third party developers will reportedly begin offering paid DLC on the handheld starting from summer 2012. Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, is expected to offer a similar DLC functionality.

We can now only expect that the Nintendo Direct broadcast will elaborate on this service when it airs at 03:00 (GMT).

If true, it's good news, but Nintendo don't deserve any praise/'OMG Amazing' for this, because they're so far behind on this, frankly it's about time!

Rubbish if it's not backward compatible with the likes of MK7, Pilotwings, SM3DL etc... I'm guessing it's not.

If true, it's good news, but Nintendo don't deserve any praise/'OMG Amazing' for this, because they're so far behind on this, frankly it's about time!

So very true. At the same time though I think many are happy ( including myself ) when Nintendo do something right when it comes to online gaming. Not very often, I know. :laughing:

I wouldn't say that Nintendo offering paid for DLC is them 'doing it right'. They've managed fine without, and personally, I don't like the idea of paying for extra karts in Mario Kart or furniture in Animal Crossing that would otherwise have been available for free.

I wouldn't say that Nintendo offering paid for DLC is them 'doing it right'. They've managed fine without, and personally, I don't like the idea of paying for extra karts in Mario Kart or furniture in Animal Crossing that would otherwise have been available for free.

Neither do I but a new downloadable cup with 4 new races? I would gladly pay for that!

It gives developers oppertunites to add content well after a game has been released. Sure, many developers take advantage of the whole DLC thing and either hold stuff back or have it on the disc already. It will be interesting to see how Nintendo plays the game.

DLC gives players more options. If you don't want to buy it then it's simple, you don't. For those who want to splash the cash then it's a nice addition, which can add replay value to games. I for one would gladly pay for DLC on games such as Mario Kart, Smash Bros. F-Zero etc.

Being an owner of the HD twins i've had the oppertunity to buy DLC on various games. The amount that is on offer is quite staggering really. It has become a big part of the industry now and I think if Nintendo wants to get more 3rd parties on board with the 3DS, and indeed the WiiU, then they really had to do this.

Yeah we've waited years for Nintendo to offer us extra content for the likes of Mario Kart/Wii Sports... even simple extra's for our Mii's... and nothing! If Nintendo we're ever going to offer free content they'd have done it by now.

So I'd rather pay for optional DLC than no DLC at all!

For example, I had such a blast with Pilotwings, but having completed it I have no reason to go back to it. But I'd happily pay £5 for an extra 9 missions for example, if it meant I could have some more of that fun with the game again.

I agree with this.

I understand paid DLC has become a big part of the industry. However, it's not a favourable part, as far as I'm concerned. It can be pricey, and the money does add up. Given that you can pick up a great deal of bargains nowadays thanks to online shopping, the preowned market and so on, I'd much rather spend the money on another game rather than getting a few map packs.

DLC is a great idea. Paying for it is not. Fan made DLC is brilliant, but we don't see enough of it on consoles. Maybe I'm just old school, but I'd much rather pay for a game once, rather than having to pay again and again to suck every bit of life out of it.

Like Hero of Time says, it's an option. For those who want it, it's good. But, for me, no thanks.

I was hoping for some Fire Emblem news, but not really this. I'm guessing it will be extra maps, possibly even new units but I hope not (unless they are cameo characters from other games in the series, like Roy, Eliwood etc). Even better would be new short campaign modes with stories. Basically I'd like something rather substantial to be worth the extra money.

Also this was a sudo confirmation of Fire Emblem being out at least before the end of March :)

I hope this isn't the end of free DLC, enjoyed getting the new costumes in DoA: Dimensions everyday; but I wouldn't pay for them.

The problem with DLC is that the developers have taken to cutting bits out of the game, that would have been there for launch, and just releasing them much later as DLC. Or, having the DLC just be an "unlock" of something already on the disk.

DLC is killing the video game industry, in my view. Yes, it's helping developers reget "loss" from second hand sales, but it's not the way to go

I'm studying Japanese.. yet I have no fucking clue what the hell is going on with this Wii game they're showing off

Mini games.. based on real life activities or some random shit? The fuuuck

EDIT: New avatar very much related.

EDIT 2: I'm jealous of every one who had the common sense to sleep through it and check out the video whenever it's uploaded. That was FUCKING SHIT.

Edited by Debug Mode

to summarise:

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai hai

hai hai hai hai