Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered something...

Updated Table

For the quarters/semis it's going to be a fixed draw, so the numbers 1-8 will be in the draw, and each number represents the match number. So if 1 comes out with number 2, the winner of match 1 will play at home against the winner of match 2. This will happen for the semis aswell i believe.

I don't get how this is different to the pulling out names?

It's just so people can see who awaits them from the other game, I'm not really bothered how it's done, I'm cool with anything. :)

Are you saying this is the last round drawn then after that it follows your table? Cause I think that is a good idea I just didn't know if you meant that.

That's right.

If this is the case and we're following the table now, wouldn't that mean I'm at home in the final??

Vince-McMahon-WWE-Superstar-6.jpg

You question me again and I will fire your ass back down to lower and put Mcoy in the final!

Get out there and win for Legacy!!!!

Oh well, was worth a try! :P Challenge accepted Gaggle!

So who won this seasons prediction competition? Pretty sure it wouldn't have been me!

Please read Cup info!

As we reach the end of the season we move onto what is next and that is the Off Season Cup!

This will be like the FA Cup (but better!) so if you want to enter and I hope basically everyone will then before Feb 20th you have to let me know via a comment here, a pm or a post on the board. (If you have friends who are not in contact with the forums but play in this league let me know if they want to play).

On Feb 20th the final day before the end of the seasaon I will be hosting a live draw. Now about that if anyone wants to host it instead of me they can because tbh I don't even have a webcam and was hoping for an actual live draw.

Oh and one final thing did I mention the winner of the cup will get a very special prize!

So sign up today to take part in NE X11 CUP!

So Haden, what might this very special mystery prize be that you spoke of? :grin:

Oh well, was worth a try! :P Challenge accepted Gaggle!

So who won this seasons prediction competition? Pretty sure it wouldn't have been me!

So Haden, what might this very special mystery prize be that you spoke of? :grin:

You get to join a very special club.

N-Euro Cup Round 3

****Bayern Bru 1-0 DuDs Baggies****

Bayern Bru showed confidence right from the start in this game as they started the match in a 3-4-3 formation, clearly not seeing much of a threat from Baggies’ 4-4-2. Despite Bru’s offensive stance, the match was actually fairly tame. Baggies didn’t get a chance on goal all game but their defence was solid and they made Bru work hard for their win. Bru only had one attempt on goal in the first half but Kunder Lindpere made sure it went in as he took the ball right up to the penalty area before shooting and scoring in the 19th minute. The rest of the game was fairly uneventful as Baggies kept their back line tight. Bru did manage a few more chances in the second half but to no avail. Nevertheless, Bayern Bru walk away victorious and see themselves through to the next round and Baggies show us that they are not to be underestimated.

****Mcoys Sons 5-0 Seahawks FC***

Mcoys Sons weren’t playing games in this… game. They went in to win and they made sure Seahawks knew what they were dealing with. The Sons opt for a 3-5-2 to maximise their offence while Seahawks break routine with a 4-4-2 formation to catch Mcoys Sons unprepared. With 7 chances in the first half alone and shutting Seahawks out completely, Mcoys Sons show us what they can do when they really try. Stephen Gaye was first to score with a header in the 30th minute and soon after, Wyatt Rufus scored from a freekick putting Mcoys Sons 2-0 up at half time. The second half of the game was just as one sided as Seahawks were still unable to get anywhere near their opponents goal. Mcoys Sons were giving them plenty to deal with as they managed 6 more attempts on goal. Norm Downer scored the Sons third goal in the 57th minute and just 10 minutes later, Hamilton Charles gets the fourth. As the match was drawing to a close, Wyatt Rufus reflected on his goal in the first half and felt it was rather cheap to score from a freekick so in the 75th minute he led an assault on the goal and scored after tearing through Seahawks’ defences. Mcoys Sons win 5-0 while shutting out their opponents completely to prove that they really are an Elite League team.

***The Sixty-Fourthers 2-0 Silverdale Hotpot**

The Sixty-Fourthers aim to overwhelm the strength of their opponents with force of numbers as they start the game in an offensive 3-5-2 formation while Silverdale Hotpot show confidence by playing a 4-4-2. The first half started off as a closely fought battle as both sides were close to scoring but The Sixty-Fourthers soon started to gain the upper hand and keep Silverdale on the back foot. In the 39th minute of play, Salim Razzazi of Sixty-Fourthers broke through Silverdales defences and scored the first goal of the game. This opened the floodgates and just 3 minutes later, Sirwan Bralla also scored. Fortunately for Silverdale, the whistle blew for half time before The Sixty-Fourthers could score again. In the second half, Silverdale were defensive from the start and neither side was able to match the excitement of the first half. The 45 minutes dragged for what seemed like an eternity as neither team managed to make any headway against the other and the game ends in favour of The Sixty-Fourthers

****Eights United 1-3 Intergalactico Stars*****

Eights keep things simple with a 4-4-2 formation while Intergalactico strengthen their defences with a 5-4-1. Intergalactico are first to score with a goal from Mark Undertaker in the 19th minute. Eights were having trouble right from the start as Intergalactico were shooting for goal straight from the midfield, allowing them to create more chances than Eights. Eights managed to equalise in the 46th minute as Kurniawan Yusri takes a shot from inside the penalty area and scores. Eights were coming back strong but it wasn’t long before Intergalactico wore them down and turned the tide back in their favour. In the 81st minute Intergalactico took the lead again thanks to a goal from Steve Austin. The game went into injury time but Intergalactico were still keeping Eights at bay and there was no chance of them equalising, especially after Nikolai Volkoff scored after a corner in the 92nd minute to see Intergalactico win yet another game away from home.

Round 4

****The Sixty-Fourthers 4-1 Mcoys Sons****

The last time these two teams met was last season in the middle league. Both teams won their home games which makes The Sixty-Fourthers favourites to win this game. Once again, The Sixty-Fourthers attack hard by playing 3-5-2 but Mcoys Sons hope to match them in midfield with a 4-5-1 formation. The first half was nail-bitingly close as both teams were creating chances against each other but it was Mcoys Sons who scored first when Jez Heckinbottom scored in the 20th minute. However, it didn’t take long for The Sixty-Fourthers to retaliate as Evstathios Panadopolos equalised 9 minutes later. The second half was a completely different game as The Sixty-Fourthers dominated from the start. Mcoys Sons only managed one chance on goal for the entire second half while The Sixty-Fourthers made 5 attempts. The Sixty-Fourthers’ captain, Latif Al-Rikabi had clearly had his Weetabix that morning as he set up goal after goal. In the 66th minute, Salim Razzazi scored again putting The Sixty-Fourthers ahead. The next 20 minutes were frustrating for Mcoys Sons as Latif Al-Rikabi somehow managed to be everywhere at once, stealing the ball whenever he came near it. In the 89th minute, Al-Rikabi made his third assist allowing Salim Razzazi to score again but he was not content just yet and in the 92nd minute Al-Rikabi set Razzazi up one final time and Razzazi gets his hat trick. The Sixty-Fourthers are through to the final.

****Intergalactico Stars 4-1 Bayern Bru***

The teams have only face each other twice back in season 19 when Bayern Bru beat Stars in both legs, meaning Intergalactico have never won against Bayern Bru. It is also their first home game in the N-Euro Cup. Intergalactico opt for a 4-5-1 formation while Bru are hopeful with a 4-3-3. The first half seemed to be going well for Intergalactico as they were creating more chances and were first to score as Mark Undertaker gets a goal in the 34th minute but Bayern Bru hit back quickly, scoring from their only chance of the first half with a goal from Emiliano Gerniti in the 40th minute. Bru’s comeback was short-lived as Intergalactico upped the ante in the second half, attacking with full confidence as they are back in their home ground. In the 56th minute, Maximus Decimus Meridius gets his first goal for Intergalactico Stars and puts them ahead by one goal. Zinedine Zidane was next to score as Intergalactico were creating chance after chance while Bru struggled to get out of their own half. Nikos Scabos got in on the action with a shot in the penalty area in the 74th minute and Intergalactico are assured of victory as they area ahead with 4 goals to 1. Intergalactico will be seeing The Sixty-Fourthers in the final!

I reckon it's the Vince McMahon "Kiss my **** club"

Lol, that's what it sounds like although the "VIP" club would be more up my alley! Still gotta win the thing 1st though, gonna have to do it the hard way being the away team again!! :wink: Bloomin' 64thers have been the home team every round...some people get all the luck! :indeed:

Made me chuckle:grin:

Clifford Hope who is known to stay in bed late was seen by several independent sources walking down by the river very early one morning, and subsequent rumours spread suggesting everything from "drink problems" to "late nights playing video games with friends". Now it has come to everyone's attention that Clifford Hope has gone and fallen hopelessly in love with his teammate Frans Carlson's older sister. From this joy the player's form is slightly improved. Frans Carlson's form also improves because he is happy someone has finally fallen for his hopelessly unattractive older sister, as he thought she would be doomed to a lonely life.

I completely forgot about Xpert Predictions! Sorry work has taken my mind off of everything.

I'm on holiday as of tomorrow so I'll have to announce winner and give prize when I'm back. Madpool if you're happy to do it this season that would be great!

Also Zell, I have no money/ time to set up a friendly with ye so I have decided to decline your offer. Consider yourself lucky :p