NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Hyrule Historia Artbook

Anyone? =(

I want the book, but currently the LE seems a bit too expensive to me for just a different cover and an intro. Unless there is some extra stuff in there that I am not aware of? The description wasn't very clear to me.

The LE has a faux-leather cover and gold-edged pages. No other differences I'm aware of. My own better judgement tells me to get the normal green one (which might even look better depending on the quality of the faux leather) but I'm a sucker. Both are hardback according to amazon's listing.

Thank you! I quite like the look of the green cover to be honest, plus it would save me a lot of money to just get that one haha. Undecided yet for now, but think I might go with the normal edition at some point. =)

I quite like the look of the green cover to be honest

Yeah, green rules.

Is anyone sorting out @Fused King with a copy as I saw he'd mentioned possibly not getting his hands on one? Just realised I apparently made a preorder for the normal edition ages ago(good thing I checked my amazon account actually!) and I thought I might fix him up rather than cancel it? Anyone know if I can get it shipped right there etc?

Is anyone sorting out @Fused King with a copy as I saw he'd mentioned possibly not getting his hands on one? Just realised I apparently made a preorder for the normal edition ages ago(good thing I checked my amazon account actually!) and I thought I might fix him up rather than cancel it? Anyone know if I can get it shipped right there etc?

It's fine, I ordered it for him already. =)

Guaranteed to be the greatest book ever written on the Legend Of Zelda, Hyrule Historia contains not only the official Zelda timeline but an enormous helping of never-before-seen concept art and design notes.

Now Dark Horse Comics, the company bringing Hyrule Historia to the west, has announced that it’s also releasing a special limited edition version of the book, limited to 4000 copies worldwide.

The limited edition comes with a faux-leather hardcover with the symbol from the Gate Of Time on the cover, as well as gold-gilded pages. Inside though, all the content remains the same.

According to Dark Horse, any Brits looking to reserve the limited edition of Hyrule Historia should give Forbidden Planet UK a shout, but at only 4000 copies worldwide you’ll need to get going pronto.

I have got myself a copy of the special Limited Collector's Edition version of Hyrule Historia on preorder at Amazon UK for £38.95.

I will be one of 4.000 people to own this book in the world.

Who else is getting a copy of Hyrule Historia?

If so, which one as there is a regular edition or a limited edition version?

I have got myself a copy of the special Limited Collector's Edition version of Hyrule Historia on preorder at Amazon UK for £38.95.

I will be one of 4.000 people to own this book in the world.

Who else is getting a copy of Hyrule Historia?

If so, which one as there is a regular edition or a limited edition version?

I've got a regular edition one on pre-order. Missed out on the Ltd Edition one on Amazon sadly :(

Not really very interested. I'd get it for a tender, but not for silly money.

Not really very interested. I'd get it for a tender, but not for silly money.

The normal one is only £16 on Amazon...

Ok that technically rounds up to £20, but that's close enough IMO!

I have the normal edition on pre-order on the book depository for €27 (must be around £22).

They do free delivery to Belgium though :p

I truly cannot believe people give a shit about this retarded crap. The Zelda "story" is like a dog turd that over the ages has been wind worn to a fine crust and embossed the pavement, evoking a nod of disgust from the sane and rabid fandom from the clinically impaired.

I truly cannot believe people give a shit about this retarded crap. The Zelda "story" is like a dog turd that over the ages has been wind worn to a fine crust and embossed the pavement, evoking a nod of disgust from the sane and rabid fandom from the clinically impaired.

Wow, clearly there is much more than only a timeline in this book! I'm buying it for all the gorgeous concept art, that's what I'm really interested in! Saying that a book full of concept art from the total series is a dog turd would be incredibly disrespectful in my eyes.

I think I'm fine with being "disrespectful" towards a fantasy franchise. Most of the art has been fairly standard to the point where the concept versions are undoubtedly not going to be much more than air brushed, bloomed out fantasy art images that wouldn't look out of place in a Tolkien compendium.

I would probably pay money for a Wind Waker art book though.

Zelda is so passe though. It's been the same shit for years, and no - motion plus really doesn't make any difference to the fact that the games are pretty much structurally indifferentiable.

Zelda games push the graphical capabilities of the nintendo consoles, and it's always been that way. Every Zelda game looked great, think of Ocarina of time, the wind waker, twillight princess and skyward sword! I would never have thought the gamecube was capable of so much until I saw twillight princess and the wind waker!

You like the art styles or you don't, but I really think that they are quite important to gaming in general. Wind waker still looks gorgeous and it's almost 10 years old.

Of course if you don't like the Zelda franchise, you won't like this book... that's quite obvious

You're right. I don't like the Zelda franchise. I think select games from the franchise are exceptional, but as a whole, it's become tired and retrodden to oblivion. The art is pretty shit across the board though - Wind Waker being the noted exception.

Both Mario and Zelda are a couple of the most original and offensively unoriginal games released.

And that's why I hate them.

It should be noted that Bard (and Daft, to a lesser extent) are generally cynical and pessimistic about things. Take Bard's words as a simple "I am not interested in this, thanks"

As for me, as much as I like the Zelda franchise, I don't have cash to spare. A shame, because official books like these from Nintendo are a rare sight.

(Also, there's another thread like this in the Wii U boards. Just thought this should be referenced)

I'm not pessimistic at all. A cynic in the philosophical sense, maybe.

Seriously, don't assume to make any judgments about me.

I'm not pessimistic at all, I just have a tendency to want to express my opinion regardless of whether it's about something I like or dislike. When it's about something I dislike, people always assume the attitude taken in that instance is indicative of my whole outlook, when really it's more to do with the fact that I know shit when I see it.

I'm not pessimistic at all, I just have a tendency to want to express my opinion regardless of whether it's about something I like or dislike. When it's about something I dislike, people always assume the attitude taken in that instance is indicative of my whole outlook, when really it's more to do with the fact that I know shit when I see it.

I think that's because you go a little overboard when it's something you dislike.

What? People on this forum occasionally voice opinions that are less than measured? Preposterous!

I've got a regular edition one on pre-order. Missed out on the Ltd Edition one on Amazon sadly :(

Why's that? Are you not able to pre-order it anymore?

It still comes up for me?

Or maybe is that cause I already have it pre-ordered so I can still see it because of that?

Amazon UK better get enough stock to fill their pre-orders

I'm not pessimistic at all. A cynic in the philosophical sense, maybe.

Seriously, don't assume to make any judgments about me.

You're definitely more of a cynic, yes. Should've worded that better.

Perhaps "pessimistic" was too strong a term, but you do tend to use that varied vocabulary of yours to write extensive paragraphs that say barely more than "It's shit". Frankly, anyone "knows shit" when they see it.

structurally indifferentiable.

One of the biggest complaints about Skyward Sword was how it was structurally different to other Zelda games.