NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Conquest 27th July

Ah, weird Play Asia doesn't list is as enhanced. They are normally good for that.

Was thinking of importing as well, although region locking doesn't affect me :P

It's definitely DSi enhanced, and my Japanese one doesn't work on non Japanese hardware

Do note, I saw an entry of Conquest in the UK press site recently.

It's definitely DSi enhanced, and my Japanese one doesn't work on non Japanese hardware

I hope that means its going to be officially announced for us soon, I'm genuinely looking forward to this :bouncy:

Handhelds were made fro RPG's and Strategy games

And in 3 issues of ONM.

Man I want this game really badly! been reading reviews and impressions. All I've heard so far has been extremely positive. give me a release date NOE!

on a side note. if I were to import this from the states it wouldn't work on my PAL 3DS right?

No, it wouldn't.

Welcome to the wonderful world of region-locking.

Edit: Whoops, I keep forgetting this is a DSi-enhanced game and not a 3DS game. Guess there's still a slim chance, then.

Edited by Magnus

I've heard conflicting stuff, I've heard it doesn't on a DSi but does on a 3DS, so some clarification would be nice.

BAM! Coming July 27th (why the hell wasn't this in the Nintendo Direct video!?)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/pokemon_conquest_reaches_europe_on_27th_july

POKÉMON CONQUEST FOR NINTENDO DS SET TO LAUNCH ON 27 JULY – NEW FEATURES REVEALED

Experience the Acclaimed Pokémon Series in an Entirely New Way in this Hand-Held Adventure

27th June 2012 -

A creative new entry in the Pokémon family of video games delivers a new way for fans to enjoy this legendary series on the Nintendo DS family of systems. Pokémon Conquest, set to launch across UK on 27th July 2012, offers a fun new way to play Pokémon in a unique world called Ransei that is filled with adventure. Developed by TECMO KOEI GAMES Co., Ltd., the 2D game can also be played on the Nintendo 3DS system.

In Pokémon Conquest, players take on the role of a young Warlord who is linked with a Pokémon. Together, they must set out to recruit Warrior allies to strengthen their growing kingdom. Along their journey, players will encounter a variety of Pokémon, as well as Warriors and Warlords inspired by the Japanese feudal era. The game contains nearly 200 Pokémon, including many from the recent Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games.

As the battlefield unfolds in Pokémon Conquest, players must choose the correct Pokémon type to inflict maximum damage on their opponents. In the turn-based skirmishes, players choose different tactics for intense six-on-six battles, and battle conditions can change on every turn, keeping players on their toes in anticipation of what will happen next.

New features in the game for players to conquer include:

Story: To save the Ransei region from Nobunaga, a powerful Warlord who is trying to take over Ransei, players must conquer different kingdoms to strengthen and grow their own kingdom. There are 17 kingdoms in total to conquer. Conquering all 17 kingdoms and ultimately uniting the kingdom will awaken the Legendary Pokémon and save the land from destruction. Story mode is organized by episodes. Players unlock episodes as they progress and each episode features a different playable Warlord and victory conditions.

Army Mechanics: Players can grow their army by recruiting defeated Warlords and their Pokémon. After a kingdom is conquered, players will also have access to the kingdom facilities such as training grounds, shops to buy items and mines for money. Players can also strengthen their army by linking with Pokémon. Warlords can have various linked Pokémon and switch between them before battle to strategically prepare for the type of battle they are about to engage in.

Battle Mechanics: Players will encounter a wide range of battlefields as they progress through the game. Each of the 17 kingdoms has a different type-themed battlefield. For example kingdom Ignis is fire-themed and has lava flows, lava beds and fire spouts for players to battle around. Strategically using water-type Pokémon to navigate through this battlefield will help players conquer this kingdom. Additionally, players can use the kingdom training grounds to train their army or find wild Pokémon and link with them. After battling with a Warlord, the game automatically registers them. Using the built-in local wireless connection on the Nintendo DS, players can battle with friends who also own the game with their registered armies.

Warlords and Pokémon: Each Warlord has a special ability that can change the tide of battle. For example, Warlord Oichi has the ability to heal all the Pokémon in your army. Warlords also have types much like Pokémon. This will determine how well they link to particular Pokémon. Some Warlords will have the ability to choose from several different kinds of Pokémon to link with.

Announced 1 whole whopping month before release! Way to go NOE! KuGsj.gif

I literally just imported this 3 days ago :laughing:

Ahh well, I still get it cheaper anyway! :D

Thanks for the heads up.

Man, my 3DS is gonna get a pounding in July. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and now Pokemon! Good times ahead! :bouncy:

Excellent news! btw @Dcubed do you have a NA DSi?

Why yes I do actually! :D

Apparently the US version of PKMN Conquest is region free though (Same as PKMN B&W EU/US version)

Funny how it's only the English Pokemon games that are region free on DSi!

I have an EU DSiXL a US DSi and an EU 3DS so I'd be set either which way.

Still, I can't believe that they didn't mention it in the Nintendo Direct video, what the hell are NOE thinking!? What better way to set up a game to fail than to give it a silent launch out of nowhere? :nono:

What's next!? Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem coming out next week out of nowhere? (Actually, I'd be cool with that. Even though it deserves some fucking buildup, I just want the damn game. Please do it NOE! :bouncy:)

Edited by Dcubed

So the rumoured BW2 release date of 12th October might be true after all?

So the rumoured BW2 release date of 12th October might be true after all?

Pok%C3%A9mon_box_art_-_Red_Version.jpg

EU Release: October 5, 1999

256px-Pokemon_LeafGreen_box.jpg

EU Release: October 1st 2004

250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald.jpg

EU Release: October 21, 2005

Seems pretty likely to me :D

Maybe. It is going to be released in Autumn, that's all we know for sure.

On another note I think I might Catch 'em All this year; Conquest, Black 2, Dream Radar, Pokedex Pro & Pokemon Typing adventure!

Edited by -Dem0-

Maybe. It is going to be released in Autumn, that's all we know for sure.

On another note I think I might Catch 'em All this year; Conquest, Black 2, Dream Radar, Pokedex Pro & Pokemon Typing adventure!

Year's only half over for Pokémon games ;)

Ah great news they've confirmed a date. Will be a day one for moi!

Wonder if we'll get any of the event's for Black & White that Japan had inline with this game.

Hang on a tick. Seems that it may be coming to the UK only...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480234

NOE cheaping out and not wanting localising it into other languages? Seems so :mad:

Guess that would explain why it wasn't in the Nintendo Direct video... knew this reveal smelt fishy...

Edited by Dcubed

Apparently it's confirmed for Scandinava, too... Or Norway, at least, considering it's been announced on the Norwegian Nintendo website.

Ugh... now I'm gonna be forced to buy this game...

Makes sense. They release English language games there anyway (that's where I imported my copy of Inazuma Eleven from when it wasn't looking like it was coming out in the UK)

The boxart has the green triangle, doesn't that mean the game is multi-5 (5 languages)?