NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Conquest 27th July

shocked and surprised but all in a good way, i love feudal Japan and its history, love strategy games like FFT, and i've always loved pokemon

so a mashup sounds amazing really, certainly one to watch.

As much as I love turn based strategy games despite being so bloody terrible at them, I've never been too big of a fan when they're strongly crossed with the RPG genre. I don't mind RPG elements with them (like the 'level system' in AWDS), but turn based strategy RPG's don't sit well with me.

Oh well, I really wanted a new main series game. Or Snap 2.

I think it looks great. I'd have preferred it not to be a cross-over and actually just show the history of Kanto / Johto but I guess the locations are close enough anyway that I can just adapt it in my head-canon.

This adapts it though. It's not in Japan but in the Ranse region

Hamish, it sure sounds like this could fit into the "Pokémon Canon" quite nicely.

Also, I now need to check out some other games by Koei...

It's a surprising announcement to be sure, but like Agent Gibbs I love Feudal Japan and it's history and Pokemon. Strategy RPG's I'm not the best at, but this game looks like something I could really get into and enjoy.

Hmmmm, this is still for DS I take it..

If so, then I take it I can import?

As a student of Japanese, this seems like destiny:)

Yeah it's for the DS

However, I think it is DSi Enhanced meaning that it might be region locked (from the box art, I can see the code TWL rather than NTR which indicates DSi Enhancement)

Confirmed for US release as Pokémon Conquest. Comes out in the US on June 18

Confirmed for US release as Pokémon Conquest. Comes out in the US on June 18

Awesome! At least it's made it to the west. Now for a Euro date.....

EU date will likely be around then.

Mods, can you change the topic name to "Pokémon Conquest". Cheers

Hmmm, I think I'll still be getting the Japanese version.

Videogames taught me English, so they'll damn well be able to strengthen my Japanese.

Interestingly, Australia has had it classified under the title Pokémon + Nobuanga's Ambition

At first I was intrigued about this, now seeing these trailers/adverts which explain little, it still looks to me like Pokémon Ranger meets Mystery Dungeon*

*Note, haven't played much Mystery Dungeon on account of it sucking balls.

Interestingly, Australia has had it classified under the title Pokémon + Nobuanga's Ambition

Unsurprisingly, NOE/NOAus just HAVE to be different... It's like an unwritten rule for them.

If a name has a certain meaning in Japan, NOE tend to stick closer to the Japanese version (even to its detriment. I'm looking at you chotto/A little bit of series, Another Code and the Art Style series). Conversely, if NOA come up with a cool name [cough]Kirby's Return to Dreamland[/cough] it is mandated that NOE must fuck it up as much as possible!

Edited by Dcubed

So, any official sign that we are getting this game over here in Europe? I've been reading the OT on Gaf and I so want to play this game. I would import it but with me only have a 3DS now, I won't be able to play it due to the region locking.

*shakes angry fist at Nintendo*