NEurope
welsh_gamer

3DS Christmas & January Sales Buyer Guide

With the so called 'January' sales arriving earlier each December and some great pre-Christmas discounts I thought I'd create this thread here to keep track on some of those great offers, as a guide for gamers who'll be getting their hands on a 3DS console for the first time over the festive period and for those of us looking to expand our collection. Please feel free to post any good discount you've seen that I've failed to post and to recommended any underrated or overlooked games you've played.

Madden NFL Football £7.85 at ShopTo

Nintendogs + Cats

Pilotwings Resort £14.98 at GAME online £12.98 instore at Gamestation

Ridge Racer 3D £9.98 at Gameplay

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition £9.95 at TheHut

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars £14.95 at TheHut

LEGO Pirates of the Carribean £16.99 at Play.com

Steel Diver £14.99 at DVD.co.uk

Dead or Alive Dimensions £12.95 at TheHut

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D £19.99 at GAME online

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters £12.99 at DVD.co.uk

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D £14.99 at Gamestation online

Dream Trigger 3D £14.99 at Play.com

Sports Island 3D £7.98 at GAME online

PAC-MAN & Galaga Dimensions £16.88 at SendIt.Com

Driver Renegade 3D £13.99 at GAME

Starfox 64 3D £14.98 at GAME online

FIFA 12 £17.99 at Play.com

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

The Adventures of TinTin: Secrets of the Unicorn £10.99 at Gamestation online

Tetris £17.95 at TheHut

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 £19.95 at TheHut

NCIS 3D £14.99 at GAME online

Cave Story 3D £24.99 Pre-owned Instore at Gamestation

Michael Jackson: The Experience £14.95 at TheHut

Shinobi £12.98 at GAME online

Zoo Resort 3D £14.95 at TheHut

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 £17.99 at GAME online

Need for Speed: The Run £18.48 at Gameplay

Super Mario 3D Land

Dr. Lautrec And The Forgotten Knights

F1 2011 £15.85 at ShopTo.Net

Frogger 3D

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes £13.99 at GAME online

Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet £14.99 at Play.com

Puzzler Mind Gym £14.99 at GAME online

Sonic Generations £19.95 at TheHut

WWE All Stars £9.95 at TheHut

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon- Legacy £15.98 at GAME online

Super Pokemon Rumble £19.99 at GAME online

Edited by welsh_gamer

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes

Has any one actually played this? I remember seeing the trailer, thinking it looked absolutely awful and the Ubisoft logo just seemed to confirm it.

Not that Ubisoft doesn't make good games mind, but they seem to shovel a lot of shit on Nintendo platforms and then bitch "FIRST PARTY GAMES BAD, TOO MANY DOMINATE MARKET, MUST BE WHY NO ONE BUY IMAGINE: RADIATION POISONING"

Not that Ubisoft doesn't make good games mind, but they seem to shovel a lot of shit on Nintendo platforms and then bitch "FIRST PARTY GAMES BAD, TOO MANY DOMINATE MARKET, MUST BE WHY NO ONE BUY IMAGINE: RADIATION POISONING"

For the Wii it was like 'oh hey, what we are going to do is test out the Wii by making a spinoff or cheap port, if you guys buy it and sales are good we will put more effort and mainline titles on the system.' We buy the crap 'Oh wow, they bought the game, well umm, we didn't spend much money on it so lets do another cheap ass rip off!' buyers soon know that the companies are screwing them and stop buying the games. Third party reaction 'OH NO! They don't want our series! Well obviously they don't want mainline titles and only want Nintendo games, we will just stay over on the 360/PS3

Dreamtrigger 3D is £14.99 on play.com, and also included in the 2 for £25 deal as well.

Has any one actually played this? I remember seeing the trailer, thinking it looked absolutely awful and the Ubisoft logo just seemed to confirm it.

I plan on getting it when it's around the £15-£20 mark. I noticed someone on my friend roster playing the game, so someone on here must have purchased it. It's recived quite a few reviews in the 60 - 70% range.

I've enjoyed four games which were published by Ubisoft on my 3DS so far :-

Rayman 3D - a nice port which played better than expected.

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - highgly enjoyable strategy game, packed full of content and accessible to all.

Driver Renegade - a fun but slighltly repetitive handheld racer.

TinTin - extremely linear but fun to play.

Hopefully Hollywood Crimes will follow suit and not stink like Rabbids 3D and Cubic Ninja. :shakehead

Two things, first I decided to whip the list through an alphabetizer quickly, I think it kept all the order fine without sorting anything wrong(though I haven't thoroughly checked)

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon- Legacy £27.99 at Play.com

BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 £19.95 at TheHut

Cave Story 3D

Dead or Alive Dimensions £14.95 at Zavvi

Dr. Lautrec And The Forgotten Knights

Dream Trigger 3D £14.99 at Play.com

Driver Renegade 3D

F1 2011

FIFA 2012 £19.95 at TheHut

Frogger 3D

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes £27.99 at Play.com

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 £17.99 at GAME online

LEGO Pirates of the Carribean

Mario Kart 7

NCIS 3D £14.99 at GAME online

Need for Speed: The Run £22.99 at GAME online

Nintendogs + Cats

PAC-MAN & Galaga Dimensions £16.88 at SendIt.Com

Pilotwings Resort

Puzzler Mind Gym £14.99 at GAME online

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D £19.99 at Gameplay

Ridge Racer 3D £13.99 at Gameplay

Shinobi £17.99 at ChoicesUK

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

Sonic Generations

Starfox 64 3D £24.85 at ShopTo.Net

Super Mario 3D Land

Super Pokemon Rumble

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition £9.99 at Play.com

Tetris £17.95 at TheHut

The Adventures of TinTin: Secrets of the Unicorn £14.99 at GAME online

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D £27.99 at GAME online

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars £14.95 at TheHut

WWE All Stars £19.95 at Zavvi

Next thing, I've just been to Sainsburys and in store they have MK7 for 21.99 when bought with any other chart title(they also have something similar for professor layton). SM3DL is like £34.99, so you can get the two together for like £57, just under £28 each equivalent, better than I've seen anywhere else, plus the bonus of walking away with it in your hands!

Next thing, I've just been to Sainsburys and in store they have MK7 for 21.99 when bought with any other chart title(they also have something similar for professor layton). SM3DL is like £34.99, so you can get the two together for like £57, just under £28 each equivalent, better than I've seen anywhere else, plus the bonus of walking away with it in your hands!
Hmm... Amazon for example sell both games for under £30, but yeah that deal would be even better if there was a cheaper game you wanted alongside MK7.

But it's cheaper than both at 57! Plus you have it right there in your hands/3ds! Not that I've played much yet, but I'm excited to get into racing with all you guys!!

Anyone know where to find the cheapest price for any of the Professor Layton games on DS? Thanks :)

Great stuff, welshie! Now go forth and get me a great price on OoT and Star Fox.

First post updated with some pretty good reductions at GAME and Gamestation, including OoT and Starfox ;)

Ordered James Noir's Hollywood Crimes for myself, and tempted with that Super Pokemon Rumble price.

Bought Super Pokemon Rumble for £15 after using some reward points, thanks.

First post updated with some pretty good reductions at GAME and Gamestation, including OoT and Starfox ;)

Amazing. I didn't think first party titles would dip in price. You've outdone yourself!

*Update*

New prices for Starfox 64 3D, Need for Speed, Ace Combat, Dead or Alive, Sonic Generations and a few others....

How's Gameplay for general reliability and service? Because I'm looking at that Ace Combat and thinking "Yes. Yes."

I've very rarley ordered from them, so personally can't really remember tbh, but if you're in no hurry to get it then it should be ok right?

Though with Ace Combat, it'll probably be quite a bit cheaper in the future, which is when I'll be getting it I think. The game looks good though.

Damn, can't believe StarFox dropped even further! :o

Slightly peed off too, seeing as I ordered it from GAME a week ago and it still hasn't shown up... Which means it's probably got lost/stolen, due to the flaky Christmas post service. :mad:

Yeh.. I'd really like Starfox 64 3D for that price but I better wait until after Christmas in case my brother has been an absolute lad and has it sitting for me under the tree..

How's Gameplay for general reliability and service? Because I'm looking at that Ace Combat and thinking "Yes. Yes."

Gameplay are great. Next day delivery usually, and orders occassionaly come by courier. They are owned by the GAME group too, so I'm assuming we'll see some of these Gameplay prices at GAME and Gamestation's websites tomorrow, if you'd rather order with your account there.

Mario Kart 7 is going to be part of Amazon's lightning deals today (27th) at 6pm. Don't know what the price will be but thought I'd give the heads up for anyone thinking of buying it.

Mario Kart 7 is going to be part of Amazon's lightning deals today (27th) at 6pm. Don't know what the price will be but thought I'd give the heads up for anyone thinking of buying it.

Will probably drop to £19 - £26 and sell out fast.

Two updates so far today :-

Shinobi £12.98 at GAME

Ace Combat £15.98 at GAME

It may not be cheaper than ShopTo (though there's shows as weekly special), but Amazon.co.uk are selling F1 2011 at £19.98.