NEurope
Goafer

Contact lenses (and glasses)

Goafer: glasses also keep rain out of your eye area :D

They also get covered in rain and blind me!

The only thing I miss about glasses is how they look.

Anyone who used to wear glasses and now goes for contacts is a bitch.

And they're officially out of the glasses club.

Which as everyone knows, is the coolest club in town.

cool-glasses-club.gif

Anyone who used to wear glasses and now goes for contacts is a bitch.

Would a bitch poke themselves in the eye every day in order to look awesome and manly? People who stick to glasses are scared and weak. True story.

Today I got a reaction along the lines of "Holy shit, your eyes are awesome and blue". It was a bit more refined than that, but you get the idea.

I moved from Specsavers to Vision Express last week. I'm not sure what it was that prompted me to move, but I'm glad I did. Turns out Specsavers own-brand contact lenses weren't doing my eyes any good. I had noticed that my eyes were bloodshot a lot, but didn't know why. It was because the contact lenses weren't letting enough oxygen through, and because I have dry eyes. I've now got better lenses, and after just over a week of wearing them I can't believe the difference! The whites of my eyes are actually... white! They're a lot more comfortable too.

The downside? My initial bill was £114.95, even after a third off from student discount. I will also be paying £32/month from mid-Feb for the lenses, compared to £22 at Specsavers. Worth it to be able to ditch glasses though, always hated them. Uncomfortable, inconvenient and ugly.

I love my glasses. I would never give them up.

Unless to trade them up for Woody Allen style glasses because I want to perfect my neurotic look. :D

I'd like to see if contacts have come along in the last 10 years. I've had glasses since I was 12 because at the time I was told I couldn't wear contacts. Which is annoying as I'd like to try out some different eye colours.

I don't have to wear my glasses all the time but I prefer to. Partly for vanity, partly because I like to see things more than a few meters away.

I moved from Specsavers to Vision Express last week. I'm not sure what it was that prompted me to move, but I'm glad I did. Turns out Specsavers own-brand contact lenses weren't doing my eyes any good. I had noticed that my eyes were bloodshot a lot, but didn't know why. It was because the contact lenses weren't letting enough oxygen through, and because I have dry eyes. I've now got better lenses, and after just over a week of wearing them I can't believe the difference! The whites of my eyes are actually... white! They're a lot more comfortable too.

The downside? My initial bill was £114.95, even after a third off from student discount. I will also be paying £32/month from mid-Feb for the lenses, compared to £22 at Specsavers. Worth it to be able to ditch glasses though, always hated them. Uncomfortable, inconvenient and ugly.

Do you mind sharing what brand/type of lenses you got? My eyes are relatively dry too, and am opting to switch to dailies instead of monthlies as they're more comfortable.

edit: Should've mentioned that the ones I'm getting are Acuvue 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM, got a trial pack and was happy with them!

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Eddie I wear the Johnson & Johnson lenses 1 day Acuvue Moist ones.

They're pretty good, never had a problem with them and they have never made my eyes red or irritated in any way :)

I ordered glasses well before Christmas after going the other way form Goafer and getting fed up with wearing lenses... lol.

Took me ages to pick them as I have a pretty small face so thought I would need glasses that were minimalistic (wire frames that kinda thing). Turns out (after trying on like every pair in the shop ha) that the bold dark glasses actually suited me better. Who'd have thought?! I am pale and have blonde hair so that was a strange discovery!

Anyway I went to collect them before Christmas and as they were adjusting them to fit me the woman chipped the lens! :o:mad:

So then she said it will be another week now until they come in again - but that was like aaaages ago coz of all the bank holidays and stuff. So still not got them.

These are what I opted for:

http://www.danda.co.uk/glasses/sku-101951/

I'm still a bit unsure coz it feels like ages since I tried them on but hopefully I will like wearing them. I just feel a bit self conscious. I might take a pic of me with and without so you can tell me what I should stick to ha!

I tried monthly contacts and mine were the same, my contacts even started sticking to my eyeball (urgh)... I can't use dailies (astigmatism & long sighted) so I just gave up on contacts