NEurope
dazzybee

Letterbox

Not swapping is just the case of removing the game cartridge/disc whilst the machine is on - that is regardless of whether the game is running or not. Back in the day, you couldn't turn the game off without turning the machine off and so your only choice was to rip the game out even though it was running.

This is where I guess I differ. I never was so urgent to play a different game to the one I was playing that I would need to swap gameboy cartridges mid play. More than happy just to flip the switch on my gameboy before the swappage... I think it's comforting. Gives you pause for thought between your games. Allows you to reflect on the great meaning of gaming and how we, as a species, have gone beyond our natural instinct for entertainment to...

I'll shut up.

I've never hot-swapped a cartridge (I do it with USB leads or SD cards on the computer, but not with games on my consoles). I just can't get the "SNES" mentality out of my head .... I know times change, but I don't think I'll ever be able to hot swap a cartridge!

Hahaha, sooo this!:grin:

It's like blowing into a cartridge, it just feels so very wrong:heh:

This is where I guess I differ. I never was so urgent to play a different game to the one I was playing that I would need to swap gameboy cartridges mid play. More than happy just to flip the switch on my gameboy before the swappage... I think it's comforting. Gives you pause for thought between your games. Allows you to reflect on the great meaning of gaming and how we, as a species, have gone beyond our natural instinct for entertainment to...

I'll shut up.

You would have had to physically modified your GB to hot swap as the carts "lock" in when the power switch is on. Hot swapping wasn't really used as a way to swap games for the sake of swapping games. It was a way of circumventing the security measures put in place by the hardware manufacturers since you have a legitimately game verify it and force a none legitimately one to play.

My remark about ripping it out mid game was more aimed at Dazzybee's comment about being able to turn off the game and not the console which has never been an option on Nintendo machines until very recently. It's not something I've ever actually done or recommend to anyone else.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Got another "Guess the Year" coming tonight on both Spot and Streetpass. Answer to the last is also included

I received your new quiz thank you, but did you remember to include the answer to the first one or did I miss something? Anyway, my answer was probably the correct one. :hehe:

I received your new quiz thank you, but did you remember to include the answer to the first one or did I miss something? Anyway, my answer was probably the correct one. :hehe:

I knew i forgot something, i'll send the answer out to the first quiz later. Handy thing about the 3DS, i write the quiz and as soon as i hit an internet connection it's away.

Sent the quiz out via streetpass as well, see if i get (if any) answers from random people as well.

Edited by Jimbob

Do any of you guys happen to have the Zelda stationary? For some reason I didn't get the letter. Also, if anyone has the Monster Hunter stationary could they PLEASE pass that on to me. :(

EDIT: Welshy sent me the Zelda one. Cheers!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Do any of you guys happen to have the Zelda stationary? For some reason I didn't get the letter. Also, if anyone has the Monster Hunter stationary could they PLEASE pass that on to me. :(

EDIT: Welshy sent me the Zelda one. Cheers!

I got a Zelda one and a Nintendo Direct one... how many more are there?

I would love the Monster Hunter one also if anyone has it :D

I got the Monster Hunter one, can send a stencil over later for anyone requiring it.

And the latest edition of "Guess the Year" has been distributed along with last weeks answer.

How do you save the new stationary? I don't seem to be getting them. Mind you I only just unlocked the ability to use stationary yesterday. Also I would like the Monster Hunter one.

How do you save the new stationary?

When you receive a message from someone with different stationary, it automatically saves it in your stationary after viewing the message, meaning you now have it.

I got the Monster Hunter one, can send a stencil over later for anyone requiring it.

And the latest edition of "Guess the Year" has been distributed along with last weeks answer.

Send it my way. Pretty please!!

BTW, to all those who got the Mon Hun stationary from me; you're welcome :)

Ah, Thank you fo... hey wait a minute you still haven't added me back! :mad:

Ah, Thank you fo... hey wait a minute you still haven't added me back! :mad:

Heh, I didn't even know you added me! ::shrug:

I sent some Mon Hun stationary to make up for it!

Yes, thank you for all the stationery. I've got Mario, Zelda, a Capcom one and a man/king in a cape. Anyone know what that last one is?

Also, the Monster Hunter one... I've got what I think is considered to be Monster Hunter, but I just can't see how it relates to it. It says "Capcom" on it, but there are no monsters and it has cartoony visuals. Is that really Monster Hunter or have I misunderstood something?

but I just can't see how it relates to it. It says "Capcom" on it, but there are no monsters and it has cartoony visuals. Is that really Monster Hunter or have I misunderstood something?

I totally agree, infact after I received the MH stationary, I instantly sent out a message to everyone asking what "theme" this was, some people responded and said that it was indeed the MH stationary... oh well at least I've got it :D

Thanks to all those who sent me the new stationary. :hug:

The Monster Hunter one is of mascot of the game, which are the little cats. They are quite a big feature in the portable games, not so much on the console ones.

I totally agree, infact after I received the MH stationary, I instantly sent out a message to everyone asking what "theme" this was, some people responded and said that it was indeed the MH stationary... oh well at least I've got it :D

Yes indeed, it was quite a mystery (thanks @Hero\-of\-Time!) I found a thread about them here: http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/index.php?/topic/5583-swapnotenintendo-letter-box-stationery-exchange/

I've got all four (thanks to people on here), so if you haven't got any of those, I'll send them to you.

Can someone send me the monster hunter one? Think I have all the others.

Nice one, cheers!

Daftada guessed my latest 'Name That Character' correctly.

It is indeed KING LONG SAUVAGE from Little King's Story.

No silly Dr. Robotnik with a beard:laughing: