NEurope
dazzybee

Letterbox

Does anyone get it where they get a notification of a new letter, but then when you go in letterbox there is nothing new? i have been experiencing it for about 2 months now and its annoying as hell

Does anyone get it where they get a notification of a new letter, but then when you go in letterbox there is nothing new? i have been experiencing it for about 2 months now and its annoying as hell

Sounds like you may have missed one, if you go into it and press L it will shoot to the last one you haven't read. If that doesn't work, then I think you broke it.

Haha, just in relation to the "What am I think of?" game I did, I knew exactly what the first 3 letters guessed would be. Unfortunately for ye I tried really hard to not be that predictable ;)

But ye didn't disappoint me :D

Lucky I set up that timed letter with the answer so ye can't accuse me of changing my answer :wink:

That opens on Sunday BTW

Haha, just in relation to the "What am I think of?" game I did, I knew exactly what the first 3 letters guessed would be. Unfortunately for ye I tried really hard to not be that predictable ;)

But ye didn't disappoint me :D

Lucky I set up that timed letter with the answer so ye can't accuse me of changing my answer :wink:

That opens on Sunday BTW

I want to change my guess to X, for Xenoblade. :heh:

Thanks to Nintendo's short sightedness on the Letterbox app you only get one entry Red.

(and you'd still be wrong, haha)

I'd like to apologies regarding my latest NameThatCharacter.

I had always thought that Dr.Crygor got a tentacle for an arm once he drank some weird shit, but I couldn't find a picture of it afterwards. . . :red:

Do you draw all the characters from memory?

No, that'd prove to be too difficult:heh:

I wasn't near the internet at the time when started this new kind of NameThatCharacter, but when I wanted to draw the solution I couldn't find Dr.Crygor's tentacle:laughing:

In memory, I'd always thought that in this scene, he has a tentacle:heh:

See, when he first starts to get all 'jiggy' with it, he makes octopus-like moves and that, coupled with the purpleness of his arm, apparently got stuck in my mind and led me to believe it was indeed a tentacle arm (even though one clearly sees it isn't in the beginning, but my mind wouldn't allow me to be wrong or something:laughing:)

I THOUGHT it might have been James from Team Rocket who has a rose... and I thought the tentacle might have been is Victorebell. But... oh well! I want to try out some new games, unless people want me to bring back the Fakémon Contest.

Letterbox updated, adds 6 new ink colours. Maybe some other stuff?:

611578119.png

Destroys rainbow pen joke :P

Destroys rainbow pen joke :P

Oh no it doesn't. You only get one colour per message with this update.

THE RAINBOW PEN LIVES ON!!! (but only if you're in the know ;) )

There's a couple of other new bits I've noticed. The Streetpass icon animates now (WHOOO!) and the text is now clearer when the S3D is turned up to the maximum setting. Also I hear rumblings that it now automatically deletes letters when you try to write one when your box is full.

Anything else still eludes me however (as does the ability to send multiple replies to a letter :cry: )

More colours. Certainly going to make my "Guess the Year" more interesting.

By the way, next rounds of both "Guess the Year" and "Guess the TV show" go live today. Keep an eye out in the........ well, letterbox for them.

More colours. Certainly going to make my "Guess the Year" more interesting.

Hope so... :)

Text book Nintendo to add unnecessary limitations on this feature. They're such nobs.

@V Amoleo, Just open up a letter you've received, and without having to do anything a Green bubble appears with the writing 'Reply'. Click on that, from there you can write your reply to a letter. Once your finished press the 'Save' button then click 'Send'.

I'm probably being stupid but how do I reply to a letter?

If you don't have a visible "Reply" button above the letters you've received, then it's most likely because you haven't sent a letter yourself. Try creating a letter or two (no need to actually send them, just save them), and you should then receive a new letter from Nikki telling you that you now can reply to letters.

That's the Nintendo way of doing things, alright.

"You can't reply to posts on N-E yet. Try starting a few new threads (no need to actually post them, just save them), and you should receive a PM from Ashley telling you that you can now reply to posts."

Hope you don't mind @Hamishmash but I've a load of famous miis from my wii that I just have to throw into a "who's that mii" game. Forgive me kind sir :)

That's fine. We can all do it, I've got a few lined up. I wanna do more of those "Guess the Movie" things though. :)

That's fine. We can all do it, I've got a few lined up. I wanna do more of those "Guess the Movie" things though. :)

That Avengers one was amazeballs! Looking forward to the next one :)

So how do you go about using the coloured pens on this?

Press left or right on the d-pad while writing a letter to change ink colour.

I love all of you guys' quizzes and drawings and what-not, and thanks for participating in my polls and so on. Letterbox/Swapnote really is a fantastic application even if it lacks some fundamental features like the ability to reply multiple times, create friend groups, among others.

Something else. How many people on your friend lists are active users of Letterbox/Swapnote you reckon? Among my (almost) 100 friends now I'd estimate that around 60% are actively involved. I'm not sure if that's a good or disappointing ratio. In an ideal world the ratio would be close to 100 I imagine?