NEurope
dazzybee

Letterbox

Ok looks like there are 3 unlockable extras:

Record voice (5 seconds) Extra Stationary and Date Stamp

Dumb question maybe, but where/how do you get the option to unlock these things? I don't see anything though I'm sure Nikki will chirp up eventually with the answer but the less time I have to spend looking at her the better.

Dumb question maybe, but where/how do you get the option to unlock these things? I don't see anything though I'm sure Nikki will chirp up eventually with the answer but the less time I have to spend looking at her the better.

She will send you a letter to let you know, then the extras are accessed when writing a letter with the button on the righthand side.

BTW whats your 3DS FC code?

She will send you a letter to let you know, then the extras are accessed when writing a letter with the button on the righthand side.

BTW whats your 3DS FC code?

I guess the waiting game is on then... not that they'll probably see much use but it's nice to have.

My FC is 3780-9010-4764.

What's yours? I can't see it in the FC thread.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I guess the waiting game is on then... not that they'll probably see much use but it's nice to have.

My FC is 3780-9010-4764.

Added you.

If you wanna speed up the waiting game, just create some letters each with a single letter of the alphabet. That should give you enough to get the last few unlockables.

It's completely pointless but very charming and fun.

Inevitably I just used it to send rude drawings to all my housemates.

Really enjoying this! :bouncy:

Sure, it's not a solution to the chat problem, but it is bleedin' cool... and free. :grin:

And we've finally got something else to chuck play coins at, (wish I had some though :hmm:), looks like it's going to require over 200 to unlock everything! :o

@Hamishmash, great drawings! The real dog with present and shades pic made me laugh too. :laughing:

I think Letterbox is a pretty fun application. I know some of you expected an ingame chat/messaging system and I understand your disappointment. But if you just take it for what it is - an email app - it's quite good and sufficient. I also think that forcing us to use the stylus to draw or write messages make it so much more personal and unique. I've already received some quite nice and artistic messages, for example from Fused King. Pretty entertaining and engaging little app. And hey, it's free. :)

And we've finally got something else to chuck play coins at, (wish I had some though

Well, if you go the extra mile you'll get some. :D

It's a great little app, filled with Nintendo Magic. Hopefully they can either get it to support suspend mode or at least release a cut down version.

Also, how you reply to messages that you started?

Ike, what do you mean by suspend mode? You can already receive messages now when the device is in sleep mode, well, at least notifications.

As for replying to own messages, it seems Nintendo didn't implement that feature (yet?).

I think each stationary just arranges the photo in its own way.

Anyway, apologies to everyone who already can tell how much I'm enjoying this game. I was one of the few people who ADORED pictochat, played it with my brother constantly, and this alone as actually persuaded him to buy a 3DS of his own.

I've actually been on this all day.

Thanks for all the cat pictures everyone! :hehe:

Apart from Hamishmash... not cool dude. :heh:

I hope everyone enjoyed my Pokémon / Christmas tale.
I did, but not as much as your "No Christmas for Weegee" reply to my Christmas letter. That one was genius! :laughing:icon14.gif

I love this app. :love:

So...how many cock pics have you all drawn?

None, of course :heh: ..but I did receive one this afternoon attached to a cat on a skateboard :indeed:

Thanks for all the cat pictures everyone! :hehe:

Apart from Hamishmash... not cool dude. :heh:

I did, but not as much as your "No Christmas for Weegee" reply to my Christmas letter. That one was genius! :laughing:icon14.gif

I love this app. :love:

I cheated and sent you a picture of my friends Cat, wonder if Nintendo is going to come after me for not asking permission first..

I'm actually shocked at how addicted I am to this thing... it's what PictoChat always should have been. I mean it is annoying you have to close a game to look at it but... I don't care. It has the Nintendo charm and everyone's contributions have been awesome.

Would just increase the fun if it was possible to reply to own threads and reply to others multiple times, you know, like having a conversation. But yeah, it's free and all so can't really complain eh!?

Would just increase the fun if it was possible to reply to own threads and reply to others multiple times, you know, like having a conversation. But yeah, it's free and all so can't really complain eh!?

I second that, I wanted to add more characters to the 'Draw the Characters you want in the next Smash Bros' thread, and not just Lloyd Irving!

Still, this is incredibly good fun! Enjoying everyone's pics, keep them coming!!

Guys I'd like to join in! I put my code in the code thread but I'll go and add everyone who has posted in this thread if you can add me back :)