NEurope
Retro_Link

Thor: The Dark World

Incredibly disappointing.

Needed more lady Sif

Seriously though, it was awesome, a whole lot better than the first one. And it was nice to finally be able to open all those spoilers, as if they were little presents :D. I’m not going to reiterate what’s already mentioned in this thread, it was simply fun. I get the LotR references, but apart from that, I also got some classic 80’s fantasy feel in some scenes. Oh and Frigga? Friggin awesome.

Would have loved to have seen more of her, but at least they gave her some action.

As for the spoilers, thanks for clarifying the mid-credit scene, I had no idea

who Benicio del Toro was supposed to be. Does make me wonder (after reading up on him) why they entrusted him with the aether, but whatever, I’ll be seeing those other films anyway.

The only complaint I would have, is the same complaint I have with a lot of other films of this kind, I believe it was one my major complaints for the first Thor, is that the ending seemed a little bit too easy, considering all the trouble they went through, however, in this film, it didn’t really bother me.

On the technical side, as with most post-proces 3D, I wasn’t exactly wowed with the 3D effects, and they might as well have not bothered with it. What impressed me the most regarding 3D? The end-credits. Hopefully they’ll be using actual 3D rigs for future films, because I’m fed up with having to pay extra for fake 3D.

Watched this yesterday.

Well, I loved it! My faith in phase 2 has been restored (I was disappointed with Iron Man 3 and was starting to worry we had good films up to the peak of Avengers and it was gonna dip).

A solid 9/10 for me. Some great comedy moments, some good twists and loved how it ended, leaving plenty of questions open.

Captain America 2 looks awesome as well from the trailer!

Pretty much the whole cinema walked out after the mid credits scene, was only my mate and I plus 2 others that stayed. My mate got ready to walk out till I said I was pretty sure there was another one!

Yeah I have to say after Iron Man 3 and the quality of SHIELD (although tbf it's getting a little better lately) Marvel had me worried. Thank you Thor!

I absolutely loved the first one, and found this disappointing, the last. Third wags eat, because it was silly, i love Thor when it's silly. The first two thirds the humour was sparse and wasn't quite clicking with me, and found the plot too convoluted and serious which dragged it down for me. But then it ended superbly. Think the first is FAR batter though.

I really enjoyed it. Loved the change in tone. I read a good column about how the Marvel Studios films are changing the expectations of the 'superhero sequel', which we used to know the formula for. (More characters, more villains, higher stakes etc)

I wasn't that bothered about the first but found it satisfying, but this was great fun. Loki/Thor have come across so much better in the Marvel films than I ever would have imagined.

Natalie Portman is so dull.

I'd forgotten about the terrible transport geography until the other day - that was really annoying in a properly inconsequential way, but just a kinda...why. why not do your homework.

I'd forgotten about the terrible transport geography until the other day - that was really annoying in a properly inconsequential way, but just a kinda...why. why not do your homework.

Yeah it seems weird considering they could have him land anywhere they wanted, like maybe 3 stops from Greenwich?

Yeah it seems weird considering they could have him land anywhere they wanted, like maybe 3 stops from Greenwich?

IF ONLY IT WERE THAT SIMPLE DOCTOR BOB.

Srsly, both me and my friend at that point where thinking 'you can't get to fucking greenwich from charing cross, let alone in 3 stops. Even with changes you'd need to end up on the DLR maybe?'

It hurts bob. it hurts. Our closest tube is north greenwich in zone 2(and no where near where they were, they'd maybe want the cutty sark for maritime greenwich) which WOULD NOT BE THREE STOPS AWAY FROM CHARING CROSS.

Makes me charing fucking cross. WHY ARE WE SO NEGLECTED DAMMIT.

But yeah good film 8/10 would watch again.

Oh shit what was the second credits scene? TRICKED. I saw the mid-credits one. The one that looked like it was from Hunger Games/Blade Runner. I WANT SPOILERS or a link if it's online at all. THANKS

Oh shit what was the second credits scene? TRICKED. I saw the mid-credits one. The one that looked like it was from Hunger Games/Blade Runner. I WANT SPOILERS or a link if it's online at all. THANKS

My post earlier in this thread describes it in detail.

Water is colourless ;).

Some don't understand the true zen of water! To be colourless would be to not be seen. He must find some representation for it.

This, sadly, is about Thor though. Water is a completely different force!

Good film and all that eh wot wot?

Ah yes.

I don’t care at all about 3 stops or x stops, but there was another nitpick I had which I had forgotten about in my post above.. Something about not taking a knife to a gunfight.. Those Asgardians were mowed down. There’s something to be said for using a sword as your main weapon, being bad-ass and all, but you’d expect them to carry some type of gun as a secondary weapon.. After all, there AA wasn’t shooting swords at those ships either :). But again, didn’t hamper my enjoyment in the least.

Some of the Asgardians did have laser staffs of some kind didn't they?

Did anyone think the guard they chose to go to the Dark World and who found Loki had a bit of a Thor look to him? was just a bit 'huh?' at first glance.

Also, Loki's death.

I didn't think he would be so, as it all seemed a bit... Low Key ;p

(I was proud of that one)

Watched it last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Decent movie and I'm intrigued to see how it'll continue in SHIELD.

I do have a few things though. Mostly due to the mid-credits sequence. For those who aren't engrossed in the Marvel universe, or who have only watched the movies like a couple of my friends, they mean absolutely nothing and are left entirely confused. I get the idea to set things up, but for the general movie viewing populace, it means nothing.

It was the same with Thanos at the end of Avengers. Half my friends were asking who it was.

Watched it last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Decent movie and I'm intrigued to see how it'll continue in SHIELD.

I do have a few things though. Mostly due to the mid-credits sequence. For those who aren't engrossed in the Marvel universe, or who have only watched the movies like a couple of my friends, they mean absolutely nothing and are left entirely confused. I get the idea to set things up, but for the general movie viewing populace, it means nothing.

It was the same with Thanos at the end of Avengers. Half my friends were asking who it was.

What about the mid-credits was confusing? Seemed fairly straightforward if you know anything of Loki(plus they already kinda exaggerated that side of him a bit earlier throughout the film).

Marvel said just the other day that those scenes are designed to get the audience asking questions anyway, and hopefully going online and finding out about the upcoming films and wanting to look around/research.

That's why they chose to use Benicio del Toro, because people might not know The Collector, but chances are they'll know him and want to find out what on earth he's doing showing up at the end of a Marvel movie.

And the same about Samuel L Jackson at the end of the first Iron Man.

They're teasers!

Tbh I didn't know about The Collector though I know bits about the infinity gems(is that them?) - went online to read a bit more myself! It's a very good way to get hype and knowledge/interest out there.

Sorry for the big bump.

Finally got round to watching this last night.

A couple of questions

Did Loki kill Odin?

I'm guessing the collector is working for Thanos or is he wanting them for himself?