NEurope
Retro_Link

Thor: The Dark World

I never liked his Doctor much, and I'm surprised he hasn't scrubbed his performance in GI Joe off the record .

Probably Doctor Who, while I wasn't fond of the acting that season is still a great season, so he's kind of seen to be the actor who brought the franchise back.

He was excellent in Doctor Who. He switched brilliantly between the comedy and emotion, and it made the series fantastic. Neither Matt Smith or David Tennant have manage to compare to the way he delivered some of the lines.

Retro_Link I hate to say it, but you're so negative about everything! Stop assuming the worst about things :p

He was excellent in Doctor Who. He switched brilliantly between the comedy and emotion, and it made the series fantastic. Neither Matt Smith or David Tennant have manage to compare to the way he delivered some of the lines.

Retro_Link I hate to say it, but you're so negative about everything! Stop assuming the worst about things :p

So you have a different opinion, that's fine, I just don't rate him.

What else am I negative about?

So you have a different opinion, that's fine, I just don't rate him.

What else am I negative about?

I'm not sure, it's just a general thing really. In my head I remember a lot of posts along the lines of 'this is going to be terrible' when it comes to viewing comic book films etc, but to be honest I've probably just made most of them up.

EDIT although this is a convenient example (not that I diasgree with you in this case)

Daleks are so underwhelming.

Second edit: You know what, just ignore me. I'm probably just being an idiot. Maybe I just need to read things more carefully!

In my head I remember a lot of posts along the lines of 'this is going to be terrible' when it comes to viewing comic book films etc, but to be honest I've probably just made most of them up.
I'd be surprised if that was me, given that I love such movies, and the more info that comes out about comic book movies, the less I go into the threads to stay spoiler free.

*Though tbf I did moan about the design of The Lizard in Spiderman...

... but that was terrible!*

Oh yeah! That was the one I was thinking of. I think at one point you said something like 'I'm not going to see this' and I couldn't believe it - like you said, I thought you loved this type of film, and considering you'd judged the film without seeing I was all like 'whaaaa!?'

Anyway, I'm just being silly. Ignore me :D : peace:

Good Good!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/kat-dennings-back-for-thor-2

Kat Dennings Back for Thor 2

For fans of the tech-savvy Darcy Lewis from the original Thor, we have some good news: Kat Dennings is coming back to ogle the God of Thunder in Marvel's Thor: The Dark World.

Not a whole lot has been revealed of the mortals' subplot for Thor 2, but Deadline reports that Dennings' character will have a more integral role this time around -- which makes sense considering the starlet's recent burst of TV success from her hit CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls.

Thor: The Dark World is scheduled to hit theaters on November 8, 2013.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/mr-eko-gets-lost-in-thor-the-dark-world

Mr. Eko Gets Lost in Thor: The Dark World

Lost and G.I. Joe actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's Thor: The Dark World in a dual role.

Variety reports that Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- perhaps best known to IGN readers for his roles as Mr. Eko and Heavy Duty in Lost and G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, respectively -- has been cast as Kurse and Algrim in the Alan Taylor-directed sequel. His other credits include Oz, The Thing, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and next year's Bullet to the Head.

The character of Kurse began as a Dark Elf named Algrim the Strong until he was transformed into the even more powerful Kurse. Algrim had been sent by Malekith the Accursed (to be played in the film by Christopher Eccleston, who played Destro opposite Akinnuoye-Agbaje in G.I. Joe) to destroy Thor.

algrim-eko-kurse-610.jpg

Thor is a billion times better than Iron Man (although this trailer didn't really get me hyped...I'm expecting to love the film but this wasn't a great trailer). Looks awesome except for Natalie Portman. She was the weak link in the first film and nothing looks to have changed. She's such a poor character it's actually really distracting.

Is her character in the comic? Is she as much a lame duck as she is in the films?

Her character is in the comics (not that I've read them).

I remember watching the first two trailers for Thor, but not the final one before going to see it, and being completely blown away by how little they had revealed about the film! Hopefully this will be the same.

I'll probably not watch any more now. And it really showed very little of the Dark Elves and overall plot of the film. So very happy! :)

Why are they together? They have absolutely no chemistry on screen, I wonder what's so different on the page.

I think that trailer showed a little too much, tbh. That should have been the final trailer. I feel Marvel are getting into a bad habit of showing too much, too soon. Maybe it's a Disney thing.

I actually really liked Natalie Portman in the first movie but I would have been fine if she never came back. I'd probably prefer him with Lady Sif.

Out of all things marvel, thor and the asgardians etc are something I know the least about - but I have to say I think Thor was one of the best of the original films(maybe because I didn't know what to expect?). Haven't managed to watch this trailer yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it - be interested what the story will be; the first was quite good but it's not exactly the sort of thing that can be done again.

Thor is the best of the original films, man I love it.

Trailer looks good.

Trailer wasn't inspiring much, looks like a standard boring war. The Loki bit at the end was intriguing. It seems he's the most formidable villian in the Marvel films at the moment.

Personally i didn't enjoy Thor as much as the other Phase 1 films. I thought the finale was a bit flat, (but then so was the finale for all of them come to think about it. All apart from Avengers really) and i didn't think they explained what was going on enough without prior knowledge of the comics.

However, i will be watching the sequel with an open mind and i hope that it will be awesome.