NEurope
Retro_Link

Thor: The Dark World

So that was The Collector, he is one of the characters in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

What they referred to and revealed is that the Tesseract and the Aether are both Infinity Stones. Infinity Stones fit in the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Infinity Gauntlet is an ultimate weapon - in the comics, Thanos (Avengers mid credits scene) uses this to raise some serious hell.

So if this is setting up for Thanos to end up in possession of all these stones, when do you think are we going to see this? The collector said one down, five to go. It won't be in Guardians or Captain America; the next Avengers film would be logical (if a bit soon, with 5 stones to go), but that's called Age of Ultron. Could we be waiting until Avengers 3 for this to all tie together?.

The proper, nordic mythology Thor has nothing to do with Marvel's Thor. They just have something in common.

So if this is setting up for Thanos to end up in possession of all these stones, when do you think are we going to see this? The collector said one down, five to go. It won't be in Guardians or Captain America; the next Avengers film would be logical (if a bit soon, with 5 stones to go), but that's called Age of Ultron. Could we be waiting until Avengers 3 for this to all tie together?.

Yeah definitely Avengers 3, Thanos is too big a villain for anything else. I have a theory that A3 will be the convrgence (lol) of all Marvel movies, so a lot of cameos erc. Anyway it is practically confirmed that Thanos will be the threat in A3, Kevin Feige has said some stuff.

Loved this film so much, agreed with @ReZourceman that the opening 5 or so minutes were the weaker parts, but even they were good. Then it just didn't stop.

I loved the dinner / date scene with Jane and IT Crowd chap :p

Darcy was excellent in this film, yeah it was for the comedy relief, but she was awesome, as was Ian the intern, great to see them both have a fair amount of film time.

Standard marvel giggles such as Thor getting a little jealous when he finds out Jane has been dating, and Enjoyed seeing him sat in a Volvo, looked so funny.

And alot of oh my god moments, Thor losing his had, but it being an illusion created by Loki. The apparent Death of Loki, the death of Thor's mum :( the Asgard invasion... FUCK I could go on, it was incredible, so so incredible.

They really smack the audience in the face about New York, just as hard as Jane Foster slaps Loki for causing the New York problems... I get they needed to relate it to Avengers and perhaps remind people who may not be as keen as others, but still alot of New York reminders.

Loki making himself appear as Captain America... FUCK YES!

The whole changing into captain america, and changing thor into that woman! Mwahahahaha

Its LOTR meets Star Wars. So good.

This! I was thinking exactly this when I was watching it last night :D

LOVED IT. Had an amazing balance between humor, emotion, action and epicness and some HOLY FRAK moments tossed in for good measure.

Loki's quick jibs were just fantastic and delivered just perfectly by Hiddleston (how he ever manages to keep a straight face I will never know, haha)

But he biggest laugh had to be the Chris Evans cameo... did not expect it and it was just so AWESOME!

The Stan Lee cameo didn't seem to get much of a laugh from the cinema but I think maybe most people didn't notice him... I love Stans cameos but I'd like to see him do something a little bigger just once. I can only hope and dream his cameo in Avengers 2 involves a scene where he interacts with all teh main heroes :D[/tangent]

Then Thor and Loki's plan at the Dark World.... gotta admit that was done so well I actually thought Loki had betrayed Thor. Was of course expecting him too at some point, just that felt too early yet when it happened also felt so right. The chopping of the hand was just OH MY FRAKKING GODS!!!!!! TELL ME ASGARDIANS CAN REGENERATE LIMBBS!!!! Brilliant. Could hear an audible gasp and holy shit from most people in the cinema :D

Then Loki's "death", I was hoping it was a trick but until the scene with the Asgrad solider who suddenly appeared at Dark World then returned to Odin I actually thought.... damn they did really kill him. Given that they had killed their mother earlier (which was also a HOLY SHIT moment) didn't seem too out place for them to kill off someone else in teh 2nd half of the film. But was so glad then when I saw that Solider with the little bit of Loki's "changing light effect" and knew he was alive *phew*

Thor and Jane returning to London then and Thors interaction with our world, little things like hanging his hammer on the wall was just so funny for some reason :D

And then his interaction with Selvig

Selvig: Is your brother here?

Thor: He's dead

Selvig: Oh thank god

Thor: *death stare*

The only thing I didn't quite like was how Malaketh was defeated. Mainly the vanishing away of the falling ship, don't know why just felt meh. Maybe I was just hoping Hulk would appear for a cameo to save the day :heh:

Actually when Thor beat that rock giant at the start I so wanted him to say something like "You're no Hulk" or make some sort of reference :(

Oh also, what happened to Odin? Did Loki kill him? Or is he tossed in jail?

What about Heimdall? Surely he would be able to see past Loki's trick?

Oh question questions.... will they be answered in AVengers 2 or do we have to wait for Thor 3?????????

Also what happened to that giant dog thing from teh Ice Giants world that came throug teh portal... I never saw anyone "deal" with it?

There's just so much epic in the film, I could type on like a duracell bunny haha.

I intend not to buy any Blurays until there is a Phase 2 boxset after Avengers 2, but damn I'll be tempted to get this when it comes out :D phase two really is shaping up to be a beast.

Oh and the Mid-Credits...... WOW... I mean WOW.

Though I didn't stay till the end for the end-credits scene. :( (Is it on Youtube yet?) I forgot to ask in here what the story was with bonus scenes before going in to see the film so when the mid-credits appeared firgured that was it.

On the mid credits however...

Loving to see they are introducing the Infinity Gems :D

Though slightly odd that they are changing what the Gems are. The Cosmic Cube and the Gems were seperate things in the comics if I remember right yeah (admitidly the Gems and Thanos are some of my gaps in marvel knowlegde) but I guess it allows them to kill two birds with one stone. Introduce the an item have a story around it (like the Cube and the Aether) and also make it one of the Infinity Gems so they don't have to introduce the Gems seperately and the audiance is already familiar with the things they've used already.

Wonder if Captain America: The Winter Solider introduce a 3rd item/gem?

Or at the very least Gaurdians of the Galaxy will surely introduce another :)

I think also did they refer to them as "Infinity Gems" in the mod-credits? Or was it maybe "Infinity Objects"?

One thing that confused me a little though was it didn't instantly click with me that Sif gave the Aether to the Collector as they didn't show at the end of the film anyone from Asgard containing it after Malaketh died.

Oh man I'm so hyped already haha

Edited by Mokong

Also what happened to that giant dog thing from teh Ice Giants world that came throug teh portal... I never saw anyone "deal" with it?

Someone didnt watch the end ;)

Mokong the bonus scenes as I gather were

Stuff to adjust the narrative, such as Lokis conversation with Odin at the start. Apparently even the Loki changing into people scene was an added one suggested by Tom Hiddleston!

And yes, they are referred to as Infinity Stones in the scene. I love that they made the Tesseract one..smart. I assume they will introduce more between now and A3, probably the final one found then.

Someone didnt watch the end ;)

I did say I thought the mid-credits was the only bonus and only found out bout the second after reading here.

Anyone want to give me a description of what happens so.... it doesn't appear to have hit youtube yet

I read some 'meh' reviews regarding this but I'm loving the positive feedback this seems to be getting from fans.

Makes me more excited to watch it now! :)

I did say I thought the mid-credits was the only bonus and only found out bout the second after reading here.

Anyone want to give me a description of what happens so.... it doesn't appear to have hit youtube yet

Final credits scene;

Jane is eating Shreddies, moving at the bowl with the spoon, clearly pondering. Hears a crack of lightning I think? Looks outside and sees a (bifrost?) teleport beam thing rain down. Thor arrives. They have a super romantic kiss, then it cuts away to the delapidated area of London where the portals were first found, and the frost beast leaps over some containers, trying to swipe at some crows, similar to a cat. Its romantic and funny all in one. The scenes are kinda separate if that makes sense.

I missed the final bonus scene as well as the first 5 mins (2D screening was sold out, so had to sneak into a 3D one), so thanks for that.

I thought it was pretty good. I still think Thor is not the best hero. Hell, even Loki outshone him in his own film, but overall i liked the settings and such.

I totally did not recognise Christopher Ecclescake until the end credits told me. The guy is like a chameleon!

Watched this on my break between shifts and loved it. Better than the first one I think!

I'm so happy!

It was amazing!! Just exactly what I would have wanted from a sequel. Perfect.

Very possibly my favourite Marvel movie, which was probably Thor until that point, but this is the better film so! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Just been to see this and oh my freaking thundergod it was good!

Tom hinddleston is awesome isn't he? its like he really is Loki! just like RDJ is Stark

The illusions scene and becoming Cap oh my god that was hilarious

and his death oh man

I wonder how he felt hearing Thor talk about him and praise him so highly

but the whole movie was great, well paced awesome!

I want to go see it again

I hope the movie does tremendously well.

I cannot wait for Wednesday.....don't think I've ever been so excited to see a second viewing.

I saw it today. And again Loki steals the attention for me, such a better character than Thor.

Nice to see a big hollywood superhero movie based in a city outside of America.

Anyone else notice the tube mistake? Can't get to Greenwich from Charing Cross, let alone 3 stops.

Oh btw... why have a few said the the opening 3-5 minutes are the worst part?

I loved them! The Odin voiceover, telling the back story and then ending on the movie title! to which I was like, YES! Let's do this! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh btw... why have a few said the the opening 3-5 minutes are the worst part?

I loved them! The Odin voiceover, telling the back story and then ending on the movie title! to which I was like, YES! Let's do this! :D

Its just the worse as in 8.5/10 instead of the 9.6/10 that is the rest of the film.