NEurope
Retro_Link

Thor: The Dark World

Things are off to a shakey start...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1214132p1.html

Patty Jenkins Leaves Thor 2

The god of thunder is gonna need another director.

Well, that was fast. She was only announced back in October, but now filmmaker Patty Jenkins has reportedly exited the director's chair of Thor 2 over "creative differences."

According to Deadline, "Marvel Studios is already talking to agencies as it canvasses for a new director, something that is expected to happen quickly. Her exit had to do with creative differences, but the feeling is that she'll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel."

Edited by Retro_Link

The first film was kinda wonky. I hope they get a more solid script.

But I guess all origin stories are like that.

Hope that they can get their act together by finding a new director.

I thought the first film was pretty much perfect, so I was dissapointed Branagh wasn't continuing in the first place... but now Jenkins has dropped out too... I'm getting a bit worried for sequel!

I thought the first film was pretty much perfect, so I was dissapointed Branagh wasn't continuing in the first place... but now Jenkins has dropped out too... I'm getting a bit worried for sequel!

It was good. But to be honest, there wasn't a lot for Thor to do in it.

Give him a bigger challenge next time and I'm game.

Thor is the perfect film for showing off how good your HDTV is. It isn't good for much else, though.

Thor is the perfect film for showing off how good your HDTV is. It isn't good for much else, though.

IMO, the best one for that is Hellboy 2.

The colours come out looking fantastic. The golds and reds. Beautiful to look at.

IMO, the best one for that is Hellboy 2.

The colours come out looking fantastic. The golds and reds. Beautiful to look at.

But that's a brilliant film, so showing it off will spoil it for people who haven't seen it.

Or Avatar.

I'm not so sure about Thor. The first one was a little bit 'meh' for me, but i suppose i'll still go and see the second. How are they fitting it around the Avengers plot? Presumably it'll just roll on afterwards?

The superhero film i'm most looking forward next year is Spiderman. At first i was just 'man they've already done this shit, and there was nothing wrong with the first one'

and then the trailer got to the first person Mirrors Edge bit and i was all 'shut up and take my money'

But they wouldn't take my money. Not yet.

But that's a brilliant film, so showing it off will spoil it for people who haven't seen it.

Well who hasn't seen it yet? Its been years since it came out.

Yet Thor is barely out of the gate, relatively speaking. So more people have not seen Thor than Hellboy 2, I think.

I haven't seen Hellboy 2... doesn't interest me enough to seek it out and watch it.

Thor I personally LOVED, but that's my opinion and why I care about the future of the sequel.

Loki will be back for Thor 2 though (for how little of how much we don't know)...

But interestingly he's signed on for 6 Marvel movies (the same as it seems many of the main characters have), so he'll be influencing many Marvel films to come! :D

I haven't seen Hellboy 2... doesn't interest me enough to seek it out and watch it.

Thor I personally LOVED, but that's my opinion and why I care about the future of the sequel.

Loki will be back for Thor 2 though (for how little of how much we don't know)...

But interestingly he's signed on for 6 Marvel movies (the same as it seems many of the main characters have), so he'll be influencing many Marvel films to come! :D

Well its a shame that you don't find it interesting enough to watch. Because Hellboy 2 is very much influenced by mythical lore just like Thor is. I would think it would be something you would like... if you claim to LOVE Thor, that is.

I didn't find Loki very intimidating. Or convincing as a supervillain. He seemed more like a pathetic weakling that was more like an annoyance than a real threat. Like a little boy who's been given too much power. And who lashes out because he doesn't get enough attention.

I think Thor needs a more formidable foe or nemesis.

That's only Loki's origin though, ultimately he is the ultimate nemesis for Thor, not only in the power he subsequently posesses, but in being Thors brother.

I think Hellboy 2 was on the other day and I was going to give it a chance, but at the point I turned it on there was a scene where they were shooting all these evil fairy type creatures... that was so bad, I decided not to watch it there and then. Maybe some time though.

Doesn't that hint towards the ending of the Avengers?

Doesn't that hint towards the ending of the Avengers?
It tells us he survives the film yes, but it doesn't tell us anything more than the actor being signed up for multiple films does!

Plus they were never going to kill off Loki.

Edited by Retro_Link

Loki Will Be Back For THOR 2, But Alongside Another "Big" Villain

Collider have just posted a very interesting and revealing interview with Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige. In it he speaks about various Marvel projects which are in development, including Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2, but he drops the most information on the Thor sequel. Feige says that ALL of the cast from the last movie will be back, and also..

Filming on Thor 2 begins in three months in London and it picks up where the first film left off in terms of Jane and Odin. Thor 2 also addresses what’s been happening in the nine realms with the Asgardians unable to use the Bifrost. Loki has a part in Thor 2, but there will be a different, big villain. The crux of Thor 2 is continuing the dynamic between Thor and Jane, as well as the relationship between Thor and Odin.

As for the Captain America sequel, apparently they are still working on how much flashback to include, but it will be set primarily in present day with Cap still a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. He says Iron Man 3 will be "inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1 in that they’re metaphorically putting Tony back in the cave. He’s stripped of everything, back against a wall, and has nothing but his intelligence to get him out". Feige also reveals that there have been ongoing talks regarding an animated Disney/Marvel movie, there are currently no plans for Mark Ruffalo to reprise the role of The Hulk in a solo movie, and although Edgar Wright hasn't filmed anything for Marvel yet, Feige urges fans to pay attention to Wright’s tweets in the coming weeks because “that might change.”

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

that description of Thor 2 taking place right where 1 finished makes me think Thor 2 will take place before the Avengers film?

I think it means that during The Avengers, Thor doesn't have time to interact with Jane or Odin.

There's the still question then of how Thor gets to Earth in Avengers... as at the end of his film Jane said she'd work non stop to find a way to bring him back.

You'd think if he got back without her help he should drop by and say "hey I'm back stop working so hard and take off your clothes" :heh:.... or something like that *cough*

Ack, too much thinking, I should just wait the now just under 2 weeks till the Avegeners is out and find out then

Thor was good, but I really didn't like how they set so much of it in Bumfuck, New Mexico. Such a boring locale for such an exciting character.

Sounding good to me!

It's great to hear that they're exploring more of the nine realms in the sequel... that should be a beautiful sight, as they did an amazing job with Asgard and Jotunheim! Excited for that!!

Wonder if Thor will be bringing Jane (et al) with him this time, as opposed to any of it being set on Earth. Would certainly make sense with the above, and Jane wanting to understand the universe.

You'd think if he got back without her help he should drop by and say "hey I'm back stop working so hard and take off your clothes" :heh:.... or something like that *cough*

Ack, too much thinking, I should just wait the now just under 2 weeks till the Avegeners is out and find out then

Is there still the smallest slight possibility that Jane Foster is in Avengers though?

I remember that Pepper Potts was apparently Not in Avengers film, yet a few months later she's revealed in a trailer.

Didn't Chris Hemsworth also say himself that Natalie Portman was in the Avengers last year?

Idris Elba Offers Up Vague THOR 2 Story Details; Says Heimdall Is "Definitely" More Involved

While promoting Ridley Scott's Prometheus thriller, actor Idris Elba sat down with MTV News and discussed his much-anticipated reprisal as Heimdall in Marvel Studios' Thor follow-up. Revealing that he has seen an outline of the story, Elba also says his role as the 'Guardian of the Worlds' has been expanded, among other things.

"I'm actually excited about it," Idris Elba said. "I literally just did a costume fitting the other day." Revealing that he has already seen an outline of the sequel's story, he's mostly anticipating Heimdall's expanded role. "Definitely Heimdall's more involved, but also, what's more involved is who the Asgardians are," he said. "I think we'll see a sense of that. It's a huge film, 'Thor 2,' but I also think it's micro in a way that you start to look at people, who they are a little bit more."

For those who don't know, the sequel will follow the Norse God "literally" to other worlds on an adventure, with the Warriors Three and Lady Sif, among other Asgardians. And the movie is said to explore Thor's deepening relationship with the all-father Odin, and love interest Jane Foster. With Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston confirmed to reprise their roles, with Ray Stevenson, Joshua Dallas, Jaimie Alexander, Tadanobu Asano and Anthony Hopkins expected, Games of Thrones' Alan Taylor directs Thor 2 into theaters November 15, 2013.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

With lots of Iron Man 3 news and casting, it's nice to hear something about Thor 2, albeit only really minimal.

There's the still question then of how Thor gets to Earth in Avengers...

In Avengers Loki mentioned something about Odin using a lot of power to bring Thor back, so Hopkins clearly got his shit together.

In Avengers Loki mentioned something about Odin using a lot of power to bring Thor back, so Hopkins clearly got his shit together.

yeah didn't Loki say "just how much dark energy did father muster to summon you here?" or something close to that