NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

I hate game teaser trailers that show no footage whatsoever of a new game, don't even know what genre the game is, but this was unveiled over the weekend. Seems like a post apocalyptic setting.

Edited by Cube

I hate game teaser trailers that show no footage whatsoever of a new game, don't even know what genre the game is, but this was unveiled over the weekend. Seems like a post apocalyptic setting.

I, for one, am very intrigued about this game. Although I think 'The Last of Us' is just a tagline, and not the actual title. Hopefully it's not just another generic take on zombies this time. There's been some interesting discoveries too:

First of all, the "ants" trailer at the official website, here: http://www.lastofus.com/ is actually sourced from an episode of BBC's Planet Earth. The original clip is here:

The idea of parasitic infections of that nature is quite scary, and could work well within a zombie game.

Also, there's a report on an upcoming survival horror game called 'Until Dawn', teased here: http://sillegamer.com/2011/09/15/scea-developing-unannounced-ps3-horror-ip-psm3-nov-2011-rumor/

So it could be that game. We'll just have to wait until Saturday I guess...

This was all found via: http://www.vg247.com/2011/12/04/vgas-to-introduce-new-ps3-exclusive-the-last-of-us/

I'd love an RPG post-apocalypse game (something with some city management). I'd not like, but will probably get, another zombie game.

I always thought Resistance 3 should have gone more RPG/Open world.

I am intrigued, though. What I'd really love is for it to be far along in development.

I am intrigued, though. What I'd really love is for it to be far along in development.
Apparently we're getting a proper trailer at the VGA's, not just a teaser, so sounds like it could be.

Geoff Keighley keeps on saying he's amazed that nothing's been leaked all this time. Plus the game's official Youtube channel was first registered on 12 Jul 2006: http://www.youtube.com/user/thelastofus?feature=watch

So it looks as if it's been in development for at least five years, meaning we'll probably see footage of a game that's well into development, if not nearing completion.

Some crazy stuff here:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214356p1.html

There is a reference to Last of Us in Uncharted 3!

There's a The Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

The Last of Us is a PlayStation 3 exclusive that's set to be revealed this weekend at the Spike TV Video Game Awards. This past weekend, a teaser site for the game went live with a post-apocalypse feeling trailer and a viral video that referenced a fungus using bodies to grow. Yesterday, a new screenshot featured a newspaper talking about the end of humanity and quarantine zones.

Well, today, the folks over at iWaggle have posted a video from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. During the bar fight at the beginning of the game, players can walk over to the dartboard and spot a newspaper on the bar. The headline of the paper reads "Scientists are still struggling to understand deadly fungus."

Also a video if you follow the link.

It's a shame it gives me absolutely no idea what the game will be like.

With a very strong rumour that Valve will be revealing a game with the number "3" in it tonight and both Left 4 Dead games being on a daily sale on steam, looks like we're probably in for more Zombie themed games..

I'm intrigued, can't wait to see some more especially actual gameplay.

The guy seemed very Drake-esque!

Just to get a trailer in the thread

I Am Legend... with Ellen Page! :D

Looks like it could be great, and on some levels I'm massively excited!... but I'm already creeped out by the look of the enemies in this game! *is now not so sure*

Edited by Retro_Link

One day I'm hoping somebody makes an all-star RTS game in Smash Bros. style where players pit rival hordes of zombies from all the different franchises against one another.

I was going to say, she looked and sounded very much like Ellen Page in that trailer. I hope it's not a straight up shooter/brawler type affair.

I am Legend + Juno + Nathan Drake with Beard = ehhhhhhhhhhh

Gimme some gameplay.

Nathan Drake with Beard

I KNOW! White people, they all look alike.

Ehhhh

It actually reminded me of Enslaved in some ways. Mostly the over grown city, enemies made me think of 28 Days Later. Could be interesting.

He definitely looked way more like homeless Sam Fischer than Nathan Drake.

Anyway, made this because I needed a break from all the video editing.

6493954365_76e8bb7a95_b.jpg

Huh! Turns out it wasn't Ellen Page, despite many people online thinking it was!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214528p1.html

Last of Us Voice Actors

For starters, Ashley Johnson is playing Ellie. Don't know Johnson off the top of your head? She played Chrissy Seaver in Growing Pains and Amber Ahmed in The Killing and has also done various voiceover work in Ben 10, Teen Titans and more. Troy Baker is playing Joel. Baker is a storied voice actor who played Two Face in Batman: Arkham City and Snow in Final Fantasy XIII.

Also...

Ehhhh

It actually reminded me of Enslaved in some ways. Mostly the over grown city, enemies made me think of 28 Days Later. Could be interesting.

Well...

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214528p1.html

Connection to Enslaved

While a lot of I Am Legend references were thrown around when The Last of Us trailer debuted, some thought it looked a bit like Enslaved, a two-character adventure set in the future after our world had come to an end. It turns out that Mark Richard Davies was lead designer on Enslaved and is now a game designer at Naughty Dog.

It looks great, but I wish there was actually gameplay in the trailer. At the moment, we have no idea what genre the game even is. Still, the concept is awesome. I look forward to seeing more.

Very intrigued about what they're doing here. Naughty Dog are, basically, the only reason I've regretted not getting a PS3 but hopefully I'll have one before this is out. Am excite!

also, edited the title because it's neater and everyone knows NG are a Sony 2nd Party anyway :heh: