NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

The right thing? Probably not. That's what makes the ending amazing. It's not right and wrong, fluffy hero stuff. Can a man lose a daughter twice? Once by accident, and then the second time by choice? Who could do that? Loved/hated it.

That's what surprised me by the ending. I was expecting the game to do the whole "save humanateeee" thing, so I was pleasantly surprised by this. I love endings with some sort of extra oooooo factor to it. That final, final speech with Ellie, "Okay" and then it cuts to the credits, I simultaneously clapped and shouted at the screen. Couldn't have ended it any better in my opinion.

This game is crazy good, where does the time go while you are playing it.

Another 3 hours flew by

Winter is done

It was a good part of the game but I preferred the whole investigating the high school part just a tad more.

Good to see Joel back in action and kicking ass.

That giraffe walking past the building then you get a view of a group of them. This game, it just keeps delivering the goods.

It was expected but I do like the father/daughter bond between Joel and Ellie that has developed.

Not far off the hospital now, will continue tomorrow.

This game is crazy good, where does the time go while you are playing it.

Another 3 hours flew by

Winter is done

It was a good part of the game but I preferred the whole investigating the high school part just a tad more.

Good to see Joel back in action and kicking ass.

That giraffe walking past the building then you get a view of a group of them. This game, it just keeps delivering the goods.

It was expected but I do like the father/daughter bond between Joel and Ellie that has developed.

Not far off the hospital now, will continue tomorrow.

I'll say what I said to Flinky the other day, the end is nigh. :(

Another hour and you would have finished it. I'm looking forward to reading your final thoughts on the game.

All done.

I was only like 30 minutes from the end.

I think he did the right thing, he was selfish with his actions but by the end she was like a daughter to him. After what happened with Sarah, I can't blame him for what he did.

They'll be others like her, surely.

Really enjoyed it, one of the reasons I bought a PS4 now and not in November as planned. It lived up to the hype.

Potential for prequels & sequels is huge.

Yeah I really hope they do a sequel. Would love it to be less linear but then the story was so good this time I probably wouldn't care. I'm conflicted! haha.

Left Behind was a good little story too. And it's great to hear about the two free multiplayer maps. :)

All done.

I was only like 30 minutes from the end.

I think he did the right thing, he was selfish with his actions but by the end she was like a daughter to him. After what happened with Sarah, I can't blame him for what he did.

They'll be others like her, surely.

Really enjoyed it, one of the reasons I bought a PS4 now and not in November as planned. It lived up to the hype.

Potential for prequels & sequels is huge.

Ine and I have been talking about potential ideas over what they could do next.

The obvious one would be to carry on and, somehow, Ellie finds out that Joel lied to her. Maybe a firefly who was at the hospital somehow escaped and tells Ellie the truth. Maybe she encounters somebody who has already met up with the fireflies beforehand and mentions that there haven't been others who are immune, or something along those lines?

I had an idea which was a bit different. What if the story carried on through Joel's brother? We could have his story during the 10 year gap or the story could continue straight from where he meets Joel again in the story. It could entwine with Joel and Ellie's story somewhere along the way.

My final idea: What if the story is about another group of survivors? Could be about another group who encounter Joel and Ellie or a separate story entirely but in the same universe?

There's tons of scope for a sequel or even just more stories set within that world, not necessarily linked to Joel and Ellie. Although, ideally, you'd want to include those characters in there, since they were so well developed in the game.

Simultaneously, I would also be absolutely fine with this being left as a standalone game. Maybe it's good to have that craving for what happens next without ever actually finding that out. Sorta like the ending to 28 Weeks Later. I wanted more, but we'll never get it...probably. :p

There's tons of scope for a sequel or even just more stories set within that world, not necessarily linked to Joel and Ellie. Although, ideally, you'd want to include those characters in there, since they were so well developed in the game.

Simultaneously, I would also be absolutely fine with this being left as a standalone game. Maybe it's good to have that craving for what happens next without ever actually finding that out. Sorta like the ending to 28 Weeks Later. I wanted more, but we'll never get it...probably. :p

If they do a sequel, I'd quite like them to set it in a different country with different survivors, maybe somewhere in Europe. Would be good to see if another country tried to deal with the outbreak differently.

If they do a sequel, I'd quite like them to set it in a different country with different survivors, maybe somewhere in Europe. Would be good to see if another country tried to deal with the outbreak differently.

Yeah, that would be worth looking into it.

Honestly, there's so many ways they could progress with it. The likelihood would be on the next game (if there was one) carrying on the story of Joel and Ellie, since that's what the story was more about. Who knows.

I've been reading up on Grounded and what it is exactly. Fuaaaark. :shakehead

Berlin

m3LOW2kl.jpg

384gRvEl.jpg

London

TdzbZ3Rl.jpg

aLAw0yMl.jpg

Paris

bPMj0qSl.jpg

ma4Bcosl.jpg

Wuuuut da faq? Are they genuine? That first one looks so, so good. Wouldbeterrifiedinandlootforresources/10

For those of you who have spotify, the soundtrack for the game is on there. Fuck, it's really, really good.

I bought this. Can't chuffin play it as it needs to be "updated" and the network is down!!

Fuck my life!!

I bought this. Can't chuffin play it as it needs to be "updated" and the network is down!!

Fuck my life!!

You tried going to settings and knock off your internet connection? That may work. It will stop the PS4 trying to connect to the servers.

You tried disconnecting? Go to settings and knock off your internet connection. That may work.

Don't work as the network is down. :(

Don't work as the network is down. :(

I reworded my post as it wasn't clear.

A lot of people solved various issues they were having by knocking the auto connect option off. It stops the console trying to connect. Dunno if it will work or not though.

This game bores me... I just don't get why people rave about it so much. The narrative is good but the characters aren't interesting enough for me to care about it and the gameplay isn't much at all. I find that I can't be arsed playing it after a little while, I just find it dull.

Edited by Kav

It's no Call of Duty, that's for sure.

Urgh, don't get me started on CoD campaigns, they're awful too! Well, CoD4 was enjoyable but after that they've been tripe!

Still, I find that this game is completely overrated. I do think people only make a fuss over it because of the writing, the actual gameplay itself isn't that good, it's not as fun as CoD.

Edited by Kav

This game bores me... I just don't get why people rave about it so much. The narrative is good but the characters aren't interesting enough for me to care about it and the gameplay isn't much at all. I find that I can't be arsed playing it after a little while, I just find it dull.

With this sort of game, you're either going to love it or...not. It sort of reminds me of Killer7 on the GameCube (which I fucking loved) in the sense that the game has such a huge focus on the story and plot, and the gameplay is almost an accessory to that. Although, saying that, I thought the gameplay itself was ace.

As for The Last of Us, I love it. What I'm interested in at the moment is a medium's ability to create interesting characters, dialogue, score, interactions, etc. Whether that's a film, tv show or game. There are little things that I love, such as Ellie's wise-cracks, or moments where you're reminded that a lot of shit has gone down in this world. There was one "well...fuck" moment that got me midway through the game.

There's a little segment where you read letters about people who were living in the sewers. Little things that I loved were the rules written on the wall, being able to see where they cleaned their clothes, etc. Then, there's a room that you open with a shiv where you find dead bodies, where they obviously tried to make their last stand. That shit got me good.

As for the gameplay, I love it. I hated the shooting at first, but you quickly get used to it and the upgrades help a LOT. Imo, they got the balance right because there's just enough enemies to keep the balance interesting, but not too many where it becomes too repetitive. It actually feels like you're a survivor and a hoarder, trying to find all of the supplies and make your way through the world unscathed. It's very similar to the original Resident Evil in that regard, which went down well for me. The hunting for resources, crafting items, upgrading your weapons adds quite a bit of depth, imo. The gameplay isn't as anywhere near as shallow as I was expecting. For a game of this type, imo, the pace is spot on. Any quicker and you lose part of that survival (horror/action) element.

I'm a massive fan of the Walking Dead tv series, and there's little things in this which remind me of that. I think I enjoyed the gameplay itself more than I thought I would, I really did feel as if a lot of shit had gone down. The game is quite slow paced, but that's to be expected given it's nature. You'll either enjoy that or find it a barrier.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

There's a little segment where you read letters about people who were living in the sewers. Little things that I loved were the rules written on the wall, being able to see where they cleaned their clothes, etc. Then, there's a room that you open with a shiv where you find dead bodies, where they obviously tried to make their last stand. That shit got me good.

A few games have used that exact technique, Fallout 3 being one of them. Dude, you need to find some way to play that shit. I feel like I have to recommend it to every gamer with a brain. Better than anything on PS4 atm by a whole bajillion.

Talking about the walking dead, why the fuck has there not been a console MMO of that yet. I can imagine it would be AMAZING.

Talking about the walking dead, why the fuck has there not been a console MMO of that yet. I can imagine it would be AMAZING.

Isn't that basically what DayZ is?

How the hell can it bore you? I never encountered one boring part.

I'd put it on to play for 30 mins upto an hour and end up playing for 3 hours without realising it.

Maybe it just isn't your type of game, shame really.

How the hell can it bore you? I never encountered one boring part.

I'd put it on to play for 30 mins upto an hour and end up playing for 3 hours without realising it.

Maybe it just isn't your type of game, shame really.

The story has finally started interesting me a little I'm up to

the part where Joel and Ellie have been split apart and Ellie was captured by David... I've just escaped after Ellie telling him she's infected

prior to this I hadn't cared about any of the characters at all.

The gameplay itself though I just don't rate. Not because I don't like how you have to be stealthy or anything like that, I love games with stealth (ala Splinter Cell). I just don't think the gameplay is all that good, it's distinctly average. It doesn't help that character movement just doesn't feel right, it feels sloppy and loose.

But it's bored me as nothing exciting at all has happened in the game. Well, maybe

when Ellie is hunting and bumps into David for the first time and there's the siege by infected on them both

but nothing that actually challenges you, epsecially nothing mentally challenging. It's very run of the mill... hell, it's quite vanilla.

The gameplay itself though I just don't rate.

It is a real shame you haven't enjoyed it like a lot of us on here have.

Some games just don't click with certain players, like me with Wind Waker for example. That game bored me to death at times.

You up for a bit of multiplayer one night this week?

@Hero\-of\-Time, @Blade?