NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

I'd say leave the multiplayer until you've finished the campaign, because the maps spoil the environments a little bit.

The multiplayer will be done last. For me, that's just an added bonus or an extra. I'm in this purely for the single-player. There's no co-op in this, is there? That's one question we both had and we had a quick rummage around the net whilst trying to be careful of spoilers. There isn't any, is there?

@Fierce_LiNk Haven't see you so genuinely excited/enthusiastic about games in a long time - happy gamer!

You want to finish single players ASAP as there are a number of spoilers in both the main story and in Left Behind that you'll play after beating the main campaign.

Edited by Cookyman
Automerged Doublepost

@Fierce_LiNk Haven't see you so genuinely excited/enthusiastic about games in a long time - happy gamer!

Dude was just stuck with a Wii U. What do you expect? :D I keeed, I keeed...kinda

The multiplayer will be done last. For me, that's just an added bonus or an extra. I'm in this purely for the single-player. There's no co-op in this, is there? That's one question we both had and we had a quick rummage around the net whilst trying to be careful of spoilers. There isn't any, is there?

No co-op. Ellie is just AI, although extremely well done most of the time - there may be a few times where Ellie will be in plain sight of the enemies (the enemies can't see her as Naughty Dog thought players would prefer this to her ruining your stealth), but other than that she's brilliant.

Dude was just stuck with a Wii U. What do you expect? :D I keeed, I keeed...kinda

ar2qr.jpg

More screenshots, possible spoilers

D7x72rN.jpg

aucyAaw.jpg

StGhgt0.jpg

"'tis but a scratch!"

"A scratch? You're arm's off."

"No, it isn't."

"Now what's that then?"

"I've had worse."

"You liar!"

"Come on, you pansy!"

:laughing:

X599mNf.jpg

Double kill!

GnbJnOI.jpg

dGofPZV.jpg

The motion blur makes it almost look like a real life photo.

You want to finish single players ASAP as there are a number of spoilers in both the main story and in Left Behind that you'll play after beating the main campaign.

I'm feeling very enthusiastic about gaming at the moment. Really enjoying the PS4 and am gripped to it. It's a welcome change to the stuff that I've played beforehand and I was getting a bit bored of Nintendo's offerings. I've hardly touched Mario Kart as I got Tomb Raider at the same time. No contest for me which one I'd rather play right now.

Haha, "stuck" is a good way of putting it. :D

No co-op. Ellie is just AI, although extremely well done most of the time - there may be a few times where Ellie will be in plain sight of the enemies (the enemies can't see her as Naughty Dog thought players would prefer this to her ruining your stealth), but other than that she's brilliant.

That's cool, I'm fine with that, just curious about it. It's not a big deal for me and I think it would complicated the game.

Still not at the point where I stopped playing the PS3 version.

But god damn it, this game is so fucking amazing. I've literally been on the edge of my seat so many times even though I know 50% of the sections I've played (thank god I don't know the other half...makes it even more enjoyable).

And the tension, the atmosphere...My phone rang during a stealth sequence I did. It was like an effing jump scare. :laughing: And I answered "WHAT?" :D Well, it was a mate and I explained my angry response to him and he said "Yeah, I've played it and...I know how you feel!"

Edit: Reached the part which made me stop playing the game on the PS3 version. Now I'll go through with it. Especially since I'm much better equipped.

Also grabbed some more screenshots.

SBx4b2H.jpg

GXNV2Sv.jpg

r1QzbYc.jpg

blFuGVy.jpg

Clown's nose :laughing:

I7hPtLL.jpg

CNNHivK.jpg

tvScENX.jpg

vhIeK5a.jpg

3GgVRDc.jpg

CdHyjiv.jpg

I love the Noir filter :)

SU2qqH8.jpg

TBhxA8e.jpg

Edited by drahkon

Flinky is playing it now!

*gets all excited to read what he thinks of it*

I only put a half hour or so into it today. I'm full of cold/man flu and just wasn't up to playing it. :(

Mine arrived earlier, will be on it over the weekend. Finally getting to play what is said to be one of the finest games made.

This game...I don't want to stop. However, it's late and my surround system is too loud -.- Maybe I'll try my headphones and connect them to the DS4. If the sound quality is good enough, I may finish the game tonight.

My copy arrived today as well, couldn't resist diving straight in to see how it looked and it's glorious! Even though I've played through this before, it doesn't get old for me, I'm totally engrossed in it again!

Now have the game! Who's up for some multiplayer tonight?

Was playing single player tonight, will be up for multiplayer over the weekend though! :)

Edited by Map

Too tired to take it all in, so I stopped.

I think I'll be able to finish it tomorrow.

Everything I've missed because I abandoned the game in the past...thank god I can experience this now in this incredible beauty.

Depending on how the story plays out and how awesome the final parts will be I think it's fair to say that this is one of the - if not the - finest video games in history. : peace:

Too tired to take it all in, so I stopped.

I think I'll be able to finish it tomorrow.

Everything I've missed because I abandoned the game in the past...thank god I can experience this now in this incredible beauty.

Depending on how the story plays out and how awesome the final parts will be I think it's fair to say that this is one of the - if not the - finest video games in history. : peace:

Don't forget about the Left Behind content once you beat the main game, it's really beautifully done as well!

Fuck sake, I now have an urge to play this again, but my PS3 is up in Manchester. Only ever did the one playthrough because I didn't want to rush into any re-run that would devalue the experience. That, plus I got bitched on the Survival mode a couple of times and cried myself to sleep.

Would love to have a mini-cinema with surround sound so I could really appreciate the crunching sound and tingly score. Bah.

The game is great so far. :D

Where I am:

Just "met" the clickers for the first time. Did the whole sequence where you meet Ellie, she mentions that she has been infected for weeks. Did that whole section and have just done the part where you hold one of those garage doors open, before a whole herd try to get you. (the door slams down on one of the infected, leaving their arm severed on your shoe.

It's great, so far.

That first scene where all the shit goes down. I love the little touches, like moving the camera around when you're inside the car and seeing the awesome animation on Joel's daughter.

It's a hard game, mind. Have died quite a few times already and have had to really think through what I'm going to do when I approach a tricky bit. You can't just run and gun because shit then goes down. Plus, ammo.

I started playing at around 10-ish and have just stopped. Ine is watching it and we only stopped playing due to it being late. Moar boar wants moar.

One thing to remember is that you don't have to kill everything. You can sometimes sneak past. Some sections are easier when you just leg it.

It's a hard game, mind. Have died quite a few times already and have had to really think through what I'm going to do when I approach a tricky bit

What difficulty are you playing on?

I've chosen hard and...well...it's tough :D Died quite a lot; but only at two or three sections, though.

. You can't just run and gun because shit then goes down. Plus, ammo.

That's what really makes the gameplay awesome. A lot of people say: "The game is too linear."; "It's just a cinematic experience, not a game"; "Where's the gameplay? There are only cutscenes."

The gameplay, you ask? It's pure survival. From searching for crafting materials/scavenging every precious bullet for your guns to deciding whether to conserve your ammo and go in stealthily or risking it and kill the three enemies you see out in the open.

Naughty Dog nailed it.

Argh! Why do I want this game again?? I've played the PS3 version to death. No need for it.

One thing to remember is that you don't have to kill everything. You can sometimes sneak past. Some sections are easier when you just leg it.

Oh yeah, I figured that out. Yesterday was mainly me just working out how the game works. E.g, how sensitive certain enemies are at finding you. I've got a good grasp of it now.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I've chosen hard and...well...it's tough :D Died quite a lot; but only at two or three sections, though.

I've chosen normal. I tend to go for that in the majority of games. I'm more concerned with getting to the end of my games rather than doing it because it's "mega-hard", for example.

That's what really makes the gameplay awesome. A lot of people say: "The game is too linear."; "It's just a cinematic experience, not a game"; "Where's the gameplay? There are only cutscenes."

The gameplay, you ask? It's pure survival. From searching for crafting materials/scavenging every precious bullet for your guns to deciding whether to conserve your ammo and go in stealthily or risking it and kill the three enemies you see out in the open.

Naughty Dog nailed it.

The game seems balanced to me. I've not really got a problem with "cinematic games", in fact I'd say it's something that interests me and is one of the reasons that I went for the PS4, because I wanted more of these types of experiences.

So far, I'm enjoying it at around the same sort of level as I did with Tomb Raider when I recently played that. Which is a great thing. Just hope it doesn't nose dive, aha. Going to play more of it tonight, treating it as a main event type of game where you do it in the evening when the mood is right.

Man, I don't even know why, but I would so double-dip on this if I had a PS4. Hng.

A little tip for people you can use the house bricks to kill clickers if you're out of shivs. Don't do it unless your prepared for the consequences if you cock it up.

A little tip for people you can use the house bricks to kill clickers if you're out of shivs. Don't do it unless your prepared for the consequences if you cock it up.

You what? As in, go up behind them, grab them, then brick them? That works?

I'll be trying that later.