NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

The Last of Us Remastered photo mode, looks pretty cool!

Can't believe this is just round the corner, had the urge to play this again after the Left Behind DLC released but never got round to it, so really looking forward to play through this again now.

Gonna definitely give the Multiplayer more attention this time as well, I hear it's pretty good.

That is awesome :D

I really hope that GTA V will have a similar mode. AND a video mode of the same caliber. Would be so freaking great.

Oh, and about the film

izQ8hfd.png

Sam Raimi is producing the film and has said that Maisie Williams is under consideration for the part of Ellie.

Edited by Cube

We’ve just received our review copy of The Last of Us Remastered, and can confirm that there’s a benefit to playing with the 30 frames per second lock enabled (accessible via the Display Options). If you enable this option, not only will the frame rate never dip below 30 throughout your experience, but “higher quality shadows in-game” will be enabled.

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/gaming/articles/731411-the-30-fps-lock-in-the-last-of-us-remastered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game#/slide/1

556368faa193f271e7ec56024e017cebddadd8078ed0.gif

I'm not hugely familiar with the technical aspect of games or films. What is the benefit of going for 30fps instead of 60 or vice versa? I assume that 60 will look smoother but may result in a high probability of frame drops, right? /n00b

I'm not hugely familiar with the technical aspect of games or films. What is the benefit of going for 30fps instead of 60 or vice versa? I assume that 60 will look smoother but may result in a high probability of frame drops, right? /n00b

60fps not only looks smoother but plays smoother because the game only pulls instructions from a controller every time a new frame is rendered. If twice as many frames are being rendered, controlling the game will feel twice as responsive and immediate since the game is polling the controller twice as many times.

At the same time, 30fps has a more filmic weight to it. Films run at 24fps. It gives movement a weighty inertia, and watching films shot in 60fps is just fucking weird because movement looks far too fluid (you'll know what I mean if you've seen Public Enemies).

For reference compare MGS5: Ground Zeroes to Killzone. Certain games are better in 60fps (F-Zero, First Person Shooters) others that are more cinematic rather than twitch heavy gameplay wise are fine with 30.

Wipeout HD remains the smoothest, most fluid game I've ever played. No doubt that was due to the 60fps.

Wipeout HD remains the smoothest, most fluid game I've ever played. No doubt that was due to the 60fps.

Play Wipeout 2048 on the other hand...

Think I'll trade in Dragon's Dogma (PS+ gave me a free copy : peace:) and Watch Dogs (have done almost everything, but can't be bothered a bout two trophies) for the Gamestop offer. I'll get the game at no extra cost then.

I've already paid for this on ShopTo... now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive and make sure that I actually play the game from start to finish this time. :indeed:

In fairness The Last of Us was the game that nearly killed my original PS3 and by the time I'd replaced it with my - now defunct - PS3 Slim I kind of lost momentum/moved onto other games. :(

This time though, this time! I'm all in for it! : peace:

Shopto have charged my account, just waiting for the dispatch notice and the weekend awaits. Finally getting to play what everyone says is a classic.

Here's a special event that Sony did: a live performance of the cutscenes in the game

(Obviously, only watch if you've finished the game)

I have the game. : peace:

Can't wait to see how it looks.

And this time I'll finish it! :yay:

I have the game. : peace:

Can't wait to see how it looks.

And this time I'll finish it! :yay:

You never finished it?!?!

You never finished it?!?!

I never finished it. Stopped playing - I reckon - halfway through. Played it when I started university and kinda had other things going on then. I figured the game needed a lot more attention I could've given it, so I stopped.

I knew what was going to happen...still my eyes watered up, again

:(

Some screenshots (all from the opening; some less spoiling, others HUGELY; I'll make it obvious):

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730112936.jpg

It begins. Even the main menu looks incredible.

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730114717.jpg

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730114737.jpg

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730115035.jpg

DO NOT LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING PICTURES, UNLESS YOU PLAYED THE OPENING SEQUENCE

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730115216.jpg

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730115312.jpg

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730115324.jpg

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730115339.jpg

:(

The remaster looks great. Stunning, really.

Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog has up their sleeves for Uncharted. I can only imagine what they are capable of doing with the PS4.

Also: I will abuse the Photo Mode button! :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

broooooooooooooo

Anyone know why my browser (Chrome) aint showing those properly? When I URL each one they work individually.

They don't work for me either.

They're those kind of crappy links that send you to a web page with the image on it rather than directly to the image. Try clicking the image again when you follow those links and pull the direct image URLs.

The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730112936.jpg

Edited by Sheikah

@drahkon The site probably doesn't allow hotlinks. It works for you as the images are in your cache.

@drahkon The site probably doesn't allow hotlinks. It works for you as the images are in your cache.

But it has always worked before :(

postimage.org

ALWAYS :(

Meh, I'll upload them again later :p

Try clicking the image again when you follow those links and pull the direct image URLs.

I did Oo

Interesting:

http://s16.postimg.org/kdnkjh3mc/The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730112936.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/b5vc2rwk4/The_Last_of_Us_Remastered_20140730112936.jpg

Those are both links to the same image. The top one is a redirect.

Notice that the code is different. It looks like Postimg change the code of the image, changing previous links into redirects.

http://imgur.com/ is a hugely popular image host at the moment.

If you want to see how good photo mode is then check out the neogaf photo thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863461

You'll find some utterly stunning pics and remember photo mode only works in game not in cutscenes so I can only imagine how good Uncharted will look!

Here are a few to whet your appetite.

7NX.jpg

9NX.jpg

i3CLKaVAnRJif.jpg

iSMO9torffDuK.jpg