NEurope
Charlie

What is the world coming to?

---

I'm over it anyway. Just something to think about. If you care about not being classist you should avoid using "chav", since there are times where its use is undeniably class hate. The words lout, thug, oaf, knuckle-dragger (and others) all suffice.

Oh shut the fuck up.

How you got into Oxford I will never know.

I am not quite aware of what a "Chav" exactly refers to, but making a big deal out of a single word simply because of a passing knowledge of its origins is exactly why the word "Nigger" is taboo nowadays. So, acting like chair did exacerbates any underlying problem, I think.

Anyway, disgusting woman is disgusting. She has been arrested for disturbing the peace, I suppose, so hopefully this ends here.

I do hope the kid will be alright, though.

That's not even relevant in the slightest, considering I do a maths degree.

[And slightly ironic given the guy who wrote the book "Chavs: Demonisation of the Working Class" is an Oxford graduate.]

Oh shut the fuck up.

Yeah, because telling someone to fuck off and calling them stupid is the intellectual way to win a debate.

Losers, we're meant to be hating on the super-nasty-vile-famicon-advance-pokemafia-woman-XIII-2.

Yeah, because telling someone to fuck off and calling them stupid is the intellectual way to win a debate.

It is?

I always thought it was the opposite, but I'll always trust you implicitly.

Losers, we're meant to be hating on the super-nasty-vile-famicon-advance-pokemafia-woman-XIII-2.

That black woman should have just told her to fuck off and called her stupid.

It is?

That black woman should have just told her to fuck off and called her stupid.

The black woman must be an Oxford Graduate. I hear that is how they win debates.

*troll*

It is?

I'm not even sure what (if any) point you're trying to make here. I hoped obvious sarcasm was obvious. :heh:

But yeah, it seems fairly clear that there are multiple uses of chav, some of which are classist and many of which aren't. But I don't see why everyone responded to chair with such hatred just because he suggested it was an inherently classist term.

I'm not even sure what (if any) point you're trying to make here.

Nope, no point.

You always take my posts too seriously.

I do feel for Chair. He only offered one interpretation of the meaning of "chav."

Also, it's a petty thing to argue about. Clearly people are going through much worse anyway, such as the people in that video. Some of the probably get it on a daily basis. Although maybe not as extreme as that.

Nope, no point.

You always take my posts too seriously.

Fair enough, hence my "if any." :heh:

Anyway, let's all play nicely and get back to hating racists.

Fair enough, hence my "if any."

Anyway, let's all play nicely and get back to hating racists.

Hating racists, hey? How racist of you.

Chair, seriously, stop paying attention to whatever that book said and accept that when most people say Chav, they mean it in a way that transcends class barriers.

--------

On another note, the woman is to be arrested? Am I the only one that has a massive problem with this? She's only saying things... vile, bigoted, offensive ill informed bullshit but still.

Chair, seriously, stop paying attention to whatever that book said and accept that when most people say Chav, they mean it in a way that transcends class barriers.

Yeah Chair, stop being such a toff.

--------

On another note, the woman is to be arrested? Am I the only one that has a massive problem with this? She's only saying things... vile, bigoted, offensive ill informed bullshit but still.

She was being quite abusive to others in public, with children around. Heck, with her own child around.

I know she's not the only one who has done that, but that sorta thing shouldn't be allowed. It's setting a bad example to others. So, they have to arrest her, otherwise it's letting others know that this sorta behaviour is fine.

See, this is racism. Telling people that they have no right to be here and should "go back to their own country"

Going back to what John Terry is alleged to have said to Anton Ferdinand a few weeks ago is not, however. Anton is black, and according to Terry's point of view, a cunt. So calling someone a black cunt, in my opinion, is not racist in the slightest. Offensive, maybe. But not racist.

People are far too sensitive nowadays.

Why shouldn't class hatred be as taboo as racism? "As bad as her" is clearly an overexaggeration given she's clearly a grade A cunt, but the point is, how can you critique someone for being a racist and in the same post call them a chav?

What about the grade B+ penises?

Sexist bugger :blank:

[i also stand by the argument that chav equals a certain variety of prick/cunt (I'm all for equality), not based on their residence/income etc.)

She was being quite abusive to others in public, with children around. Heck, with her own child around.

I know she's not the only one who has done that, but that sorta thing shouldn't be allowed. It's setting a bad example to others. So, they have to arrest her, otherwise it's letting others know that this sorta behaviour is fine.

Oh she's being offensive as hell but she is only saying things and she has a child with her so I think it would be pretty clear that there wasn't ever gonna be violence involved. Setting a bad example? I think the only people who might see her as an example would be the kind of dickheads who would also be mouthing off like this anyway.

Going back to what John Terry is alleged to have said to Anton Ferdinand a few weeks ago is not, however. Anton is black, and according to Terry's point of view, a cunt. So calling someone a black cunt, in my opinion, is not racist in the slightest. Offensive, maybe. But not racist.

I wanted to see if this was classed as racist, so I googled, "black cunt".

After extensive research, I forgot what I went on the internet for.

Oh she's being offensive as hell but she is only saying things and she has a child with her so I think it would be pretty clear that there wasn't ever gonna be violence involved. Setting a bad example? I think the only people who might see her as an example would be the kind of dickheads who would also be mouthing off like this anyway.

Setting a bad example to her kid, I meant in particular. But yeah, I don't think its right that people should be allowed to act like this in public. If she doesn't agree with people coming into the country, then that's her opinion. But, there's a right way to say something and a wrooooong way. On another night, she might not have left that tram alive. Who knows.

I agree with Dog-amoto to some extent about us being over-sensitive these days. However, I do also think that in some cases, people say far too much on this matter. It does make you wonder if the world has progressed at all in the past few decades/centuries if we're still judging people on skin colour and stuff.

See, this is racism. Telling people that they have no right to be here and should "go back to their own country"

People are far too sensitive nowadays.

The thing is, Terry would never call someone a white cunt would he? It picks up on someones colour in a way that isn't really needed...so I think there are underlying racial tones to what he said. However, I'm not really sure one heated comment deserves any kind of disciplinary action...