NEurope
sagat

Any other game apart from COD and Modern Warfare?

I am not a fan of the genre - the last game i played was Medal of Honor demo on the PC way back in 1999 or so. I was wondering with these two massively over hyped games, are there any other war games out there that are good?

If you're not a fan of the genre, I'm not sure anyone can really recommend anything you'd like.

I really don't understand what you're asking. You don't like the CoD games even though you've never played the modern ones?

It's just a shame there aren't any websites devoted to covering gaming that could answer your question...

Battlefield 3 is a totally different approach. Not worth it unless you want it for the multiplayer though.

Don't really see how you can claim those games are over-hyped when you've not played a game (or just war games?) since 1999.

Medal of Honour Allied Assault was a fucking gem by the way. I got like 10 years gameplay out of that.

If you're looking for war shooters then really the better games are Battlefield and CoD. In my opinion, Battlefield is much better and BF3 is definitely worth getting. I still enjoy MW3 but it doesn't really offer anything MW1 or 2 didn't - although if you haven't played any of them then I suppose you can't go wrong.

If you just want a first person shooter game then I recommend Crysis 2 or Deus Ex... google also brings up a game called Homefront which I have heard of :p

Outside of CoD and Battlefield, FPS games tend to lean towards sci-fi/apocalypse genres. Probably because they're unlikely to be able to compete with CoD and BF3.

If you're speaking strictly about shooters specifically, you might want to try the Brothers In Arms games, especially Hell's Highway, which approached the genre in a unique way that utilised cover and the idea of using diversions/ emplacements and flanking tactics to try and emulate an infantrymans experience of WW2.

Call of Duty 1&2. Battlefield 2.

They're the best FPS evaaar.

Half Life 2 says hello :p

Call of Duty one was in-frickin-credible though, loved the levels Carentan & Pavlov.

The Valve stuff is all pretty good, although they're not all war games.

Battlefield has great multiplayer, but isn't for everyone, and if you haven't played an FPS in that long, it may be a bit overwhelming.

The Valve stuff is all pretty good, although they're not all war games.

Battlefield has great multiplayer, but isn't for everyone, and if you haven't played an FPS in that long, it may be a bit overwhelming.

Battlefield is perhaps the best of the big name online shooters. Its also has been going longer than COD(barely).

There are plenty of good shooters anyhow.

Indeed bestest is indicated by how long it has been going.

I suppose how long it has been going is actually decided on how well it sells.

So in short you could say that bestest is decided by sales.

Oh hey buy CoD it sells a fuck tonne.

To the original poster: play Pac-Man it's really good.

Sagat, it's worth trying to play COD:MW1, 2 or 3 or BF:BC2 or BF3 or if you feel like a challenge, COD:WAW. You can't really say you don't like something if you haven't tried it and besides, you like FPS so you might surprise yourself. I think that, if you liked Medal of Honor, you may like the recent one.

Other than that, if it's a war game you want, try Brothers in Arms. I don't think it's all that good but you may like it.

What an odd thread! You call the games overhyped and want to try something different to COD, yet you've never played a COD game and haven't played a shooter since 1999?