NEurope
jayseven

I guess I'll be uəʌəsʎɐɾ from now on...

I'll probably have a few photo-crazy periods when we do day-trips, for sure :) As for the meet... Yeah I guess I'll have to go down to Sydney's Kew Gardens with a big ol' sign... and sit and drink and draw penises all by myself :'(

Orrrrrrrr....

We could all visit Sydney.

Yeah. That's right. N-Europe meet is going Worldwide.

Sorted.

If everyone saves up £60 a week for 6 months, you could afford the flights and a hostel for a few nights too!

:P

Hehe, I guess you guys will be coming to Finland as well then? Short trip to Denmark from here as well... ;D

Whooo go Jayseven! This sounds so cool and adventurous. =D

Though that means mafia games might be out of the question too, as you'll be online when everyone else is asleep!

Hehe, I guess you guys will be coming to Finland as well then? Short trip to Denmark from here as well... ;D

Depending on how far up north in Finland you live, London is actually closer. :heh: But a meet in Denmark sometime would be epic! ;)

As for the meet... Yeah I guess I'll have to go down to Sydney's Kew Gardens with a big ol' sign... and sit and drink and draw penises all by myself :'(

So a normal day for you then, except in Kew Gardens.

Been here for 3 years now, just this week got my temporary Resident Status and i'm fucking loving it, and i'm sure you'll love it, plenty of places to visit, though does depend on where you're staying, if it's the city you've got buses/trains in every direction so you're all good.

Depending on how far up north in Finland you live, London is actually closer. :heh: But a meet in Denmark sometime would be epic! ;)

You're right, London is closer! Damn, never realised how close you guys actually are to each other...Fucking Finland, the last stronghold of the West xD The only thing I'm really close to is Russia, only 75 kilometers to the border of the Former Soviet Machine... o_O Talk about history breathing down your friggin' neck...just go back in time 70 years and you could see the Red Army literally marching over from there! :o

Hehe, a Denmark meet of some sorts would be nice. I'll def give you a shout should I venture to that country of yours someday ;D

Edited by Ville

Sounds like fun Jay!

Sounds exciting. :smile:

I'm a bit jealous, but the only thing I know how to say in Australian is "put another shrimp on the barbie", so I could never survive there.

I learned my Australian from [these videos].

Whooo go Jayseven! This sounds so cool and adventurous. =D

Though that means mafia games might be out of the question too, as you'll be online when everyone else is asleep!

I hadn't thought of that! Being 9 hours ahead, I guess I'll have to play morning mafia in order to stay relevent to the game... but I know so many people here are proper owls when it comes to online activity so maybe it'll work out in my favour? Who knows, the IRC room might liven up a bit :P

Been here for 3 years now, just this week got my temporary Resident Status and i'm fucking loving it, and i'm sure you'll love it, plenty of places to visit, though does depend on where you're staying, if it's the city you've got buses/trains in every direction so you're all good.

Will be staying about 18 miles out of sydney - about 30 mins by bus (a reasonably priced ticket into town, from what I've been told). I stayed for 3 weeks on holiday previously (king's cross area :P) but I'd love to re-live everything I did then again, but at a more leisurely pace.

Congrats on the temp resident status. It's 5 years before you can apply for citizenship, isn't it?

I hadn't thought of that! Being 9 hours ahead, I guess I'll have to play morning mafia in order to stay relevent to the game... but I know so many people here are proper owls when it comes to online activity so maybe it'll work out in my favour? Who knows, the IRC room might liven up a bit :P

Will be staying about 18 miles out of sydney - about 30 mins by bus (a reasonably priced ticket into town, from what I've been told). I stayed for 3 weeks on holiday previously (king's cross area :P) but I'd love to re-live everything I did then again, but at a more leisurely pace.

Congrats on the temp resident status. It's 5 years before you can apply for citizenship, isn't it?

Cheers, not sure TBH, though I haven't got permanent yet, I've got a 2 year wait to see if I get that, hopefully I will.

The Bus, depends really, if you catch the bus every day it gets too much, though you will need to by a Travel 10 (My Bus) Ticket, now, catching he bus from the city back home all bus stops are Pre pay only, so buy a few bus tickets each and you'll be fine..though you'll go through them fast.

If I need to go to the city though I usually walk it, i'm like 20 minutes from the city.

On a note though..Fosters..not that popular over here, neither is XxX...if you want to be Aussie you need a tooheys extra Dry or tooheys new, tooheys Platinum is amazing though, not the best beer but it's nice...if you want to be friends with the abbos then a VB will get you in their good books..though you don't want to be friends with Aboos, scums of the earth. Best Drink though

Edited by arnold

I remember that (about Fosters - they hate it, that's why they export it :P), also Strongbow is different here and there. I'm a cider person so I'll be interested to see if Cider's taken off in the last 5 years there as it has done here.

I remember that (about Fosters - they hate it, that's why they export it :P), also Strongbow is different here and there. I'm a cider person so I'll be interested to see if Cider's taken off in the last 5 years there as it has done here.

It recently has, past couple years cider is getting bigger, the local dan murphys has been stocking some damned nice ones, I have been getting strongbow, very nice as always, i've bought this a couple times 381784_0_9999_v1_m56577569836205251.jpg

Amazing Cider, i'm sure it's back home too.

Only local cider I have tried is the Tooheys Extra Dry 5 Seeds, nice, strongbow is better though can't get better than english cider.

Congratulations man! I take it you will be a no show at the next N-E meet up then? Heh. Hope you have a blast though.

Congrats Jay, hope it goes well down under for you. Will Australia be able to handle Jay, only time will tell.

Who will tell me about the joys of drinking alone, at 2 in the morning now?

Oh that's cool Jay, Went over and did a year myself, was bloody awesome, one thing I recommend to do is this.

http://www.headingbush.com/10-day-Outback-Adventure-Tours.html

It's pricey but I can guarantee it will be some of the best 10 days of your life.

Wow, yeah that's about £1200... if I get some sort of astounding part-time work there, then I'll consider it :P Not sure how my night-blindness would affect things though...

It recently has, past couple years cider is getting bigger, the local dan murphys has been stocking some damned nice ones, I have been getting strongbow, very nice as always, i've bought this a couple times [rekorderlig]

Amazing Cider, i'm sure it's back home too.

Only local cider I have tried is the Tooheys Extra Dry 5 Seeds, nice, strongbow is better though can't get better than english cider.

Yeah rekorderlig is available here - I'd imagine it's damned expensive over there with the import cost, surely?!

Congratulations man! I take it you will be a no show at the next N-E meet up then? Heh. Hope you have a blast though.

Yeah... first meet I'll've missed. Sadface :(

Who will tell me about the joys of drinking alone, at 2 in the morning now?

Well 2am sydney time would be 7pm london time... and 2am your time would be 11am... so I wouldn't necessarily completely write off the chances just yet.

Orrrrrrrr....

We could all visit Sydney.

What's that Flink, you're paying?

All aboard Fly N-E!

Yeah rekorderlig is available here - I'd imagine it's damned expensive over there with the import cost, surely?!

Not really, 5 Dollars a bottle, so around 3 quid a bottle, for what it is 5 is cheap. Some of the British import is expensive, Hobgoblin, Directors is about 7 dollars a bottle and that's just a 330ml bottle so I've not gone into the British ales as much as I would like, though it's all about trying different beers, Dan Murphy's has the biggest selection of them, they stock stuff from all over the world so i'd try and find one close by if i was you.

Now I want a beer...and it's currently 26c at 9am...it's going to be a hot day again.

Is that pub or shop price? Pub for rekorderlig (in the south) you're looking at probably arounf £3.50. In a supermarket probably around £2.50 depending on offers.