NEurope
jayseven

I guess I'll be uəʌəsʎɐɾ from now on...

Just got my VISA confirmation after getting flights (and replacement passport) earlier this week.

Going to live in Sydney, Australia for (up to) a year in January! Back in July/August time, my uncle invited me and my girlfriend to go stay with them and au pair. We'll get bed and board covered, and what will amount to £60 each a week, as well as a chance to get a part-time job as well.

Not told many people at all, been absolutely bursting to tell all.

Congrats, my sister is out there at the moment and absolutely loving it. I'm sure you'll have an absolutely awesome time.

Sounds exciting. :smile:

I'm a bit jealous, but the only thing I know how to say in Australian is "put another shrimp on the barbie", so I could never survive there.

Congratulations, Jay.

Please forget to set your Xpert11 tactics whilst you're out there.

Also, say hello to the cast of Neighbours.

Thanks guys :)

Congrats' date=' my sister is out there at the moment and absolutely loving it. I'm sure you'll have an absolutely awesome time.[/quote']

My girlfriend has a cousin there, and some family friends are there too -- all 200 miles away from where we'll be, but hopefully we'll get to visit them at some point. Not sure how much holidaying will be done, but man it's a great opportunity no matter!

Congrats, mate! :D Always had a soft spot for the land down under, though its wildlife makes me hesitant to go there. :heh:

Yeah, not looking forward to the spiders - but the other wildlife is beautiful and so weird. Went there on holiday years ago and saw kangaroos having sex and everything!

I'm a bit jealous, but the only thing I know how to say in Australian is "put another shrimp on the barbie", so I could never survive there.

Strewth! I'll be sure to share the heaps of bonza terminology, mate.

Congratulations, Jay.

Please forget to set your Xpert11 tactics whilst you're out there.

Also, say hello to the cast of Neighbours.

Actually a fair point - the matches will be at an ungodly hour!

Yeah, not looking forward to the spiders - but the other wildlife is beautiful and so weird. Went there on holiday years ago and saw kangaroos having sex and everything!

Yeah, I love the other wildlife as well, and I'm pretty sure I could handle everything except the spiders; I'm INSANELY arachnophobic.

Cool, nice 1! Sounds exciting. Hope you have a great time.

Btw since your going for there awhile and will be learning new things and new areas and your brain can not take anymore new information without losing some... lose your chess skills so I can actually beat you! :p

Cool, nice 1! Sounds exciting. Hope you have a great time.

Btw since your going for there awhile and will be learning new things and new areas and your brain can not take anymore new information without losing some... lose your chess skills so I can actually beat you! :p

Funnily enough of all the things I'm hoping to take, my chess set and books are pretty near the top of the list :P

Oh my, Jayseven will move to Australia? What does this mean...?

It means that you will be having a hell of a good time, I hope :)

Why not ring the Fosters guys?

No dramas!

Yknow, Australians never say this. They'd be more likely to put prawns on the barbie.

It's the equivalent to a brit saying "tally ho" or "pip pip" :heh:

That is awesome. Post photos all the time, thx.

Wait. July/August.....what about NEMEET12 ????

Wasn't it Australia where a couple of parks had spider nests underneath them and they ended up being completely overrun with spiders?

Sounds like a fun place to live.

Yknow, Australians never say this. They'd be more likely to put prawns on the barbie.

So in other words, it happens all the time? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. :blank:

Australia would be a fine place to live if it didn't have so many killer bugs :(

Sounds like a great opportunity for you though :) congrats and good luck!

You people are way too paranoid about spiders and stuff. Nobody has died from a spider bite since antivenom was introduced (afaik). You should be more worried about dogs. And even more worried about people.

Those fucking people.

I always say "tally ho"!

You people are way too paranoid about spiders and stuff. Nobody has died from a spider bite since antivenom was introduced (afaik). You should be more worried about dogs. And even more worried about people.

Those fucking people.

I'm not especially worried about being killed. I just fucking hate spiders. They are actually monsters and should be destroyed.

Sounds awesome, well done J-sevenski! :) Expecting extensive video / photo coverage... ;)

That is awesome. Post photos all the time, thx.

Wait. July/August.....what about NEMEET12 ????

I'll probably have a few photo-crazy periods when we do day-trips, for sure :) As for the meet... Yeah I guess I'll have to go down to Sydney's Kew Gardens with a big ol' sign... and sit and drink and draw penises all by myself :'(