NEurope
MunKy

KoRn

Metal is pretty much all I listen to, maybe some hard rock. I like KoRns self-titled and Issues but Follow the leader was a bit too random for me. Haven't heard their other albums but there are a few songs from them I like, can't think of the names. Other bands i'm into would be System of a down (*looks at sig*), Shadows Fall, Machine Head, Chimaira, Slipknot (yeh everyone gives them a bad rap but I don't care they have some good songs), Rammstein (new single kicks ass), Soulfly, Caliban, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, God Forbid, In Flames, Lamb of God, Trivium, Static X, Ill Nino, Rage Against the machine, Audioslave, and Soil. There are others but I can't be arsed to think. I've seen the majority of them live like any true fan should do :heh:

Damn Viper , that is some serious good taste you have there , and you beat me to it this time :heh: .

Have most of Korns albums , loved the debut and I am one of the few that loved 'Untouchables' , but the rest were OK.

Currently going through the NWOAHM phase and cannot stop listening to Killswitch Engage , Shadows Fall , Unearth , Lamb of God , God Forbid , As I Lay Dying , Atreyu , Avenged Sevenfold , Trivium , Caliban , Chimaira and Throwdown , all pretty much listed by Viper.

Also love Raging Speedhorn , Haunted , Mastodon , Machine Head , Tool and Monster Magnet.

Also love a lot of industrial stuff , and gothic too (got a serious thing for Lacuna Coil at the moment). Plus a lot of the 'classic' rock bands.

Pretty much any metal/rock band over the last twenty odd years will do me.

"Boom na da mmm dum na ema

Da boom na da mmm dum na ema "

I remember they had Freak on a leash on in the school common room, and as soon as that bit came on, i joined in. :lmao: Great song, just for that bit.

I think their first two albums were very good but they were a bit lame after that. I went to see them in Newcastle in 1997 and they were good but their support band, Incubus, were better.

My friend and I had to spend the night on the streets after the concert as we missed the last train home. It was January, so quite cold.

Damn Viper , that is some serious good taste you have there , and you beat me to it this time :heh: .

Have most of Korns albums , loved the debut and I am one of the few that loved 'Untouchables' , but the rest were OK.

Currently going through the NWOAHM phase and cannot stop listening to Killswitch Engage , Shadows Fall , Unearth , Lamb of God , God Forbid , As I Lay Dying , Atreyu , Avenged Sevenfold , Trivium , Caliban , Chimaira and Throwdown , all pretty much listed by Viper.

Also love Raging Speedhorn , Haunted , Mastodon , Machine Head , Tool and Monster Magnet.

Also love a lot of industrial stuff , and gothic too (got a serious thing for Lacuna Coil at the moment). Plus a lot of the 'classic' rock bands.

Pretty much any metal/rock band over the last twenty odd years will do me.

Haha that I did. I pretty much saw the majority of those bands at Download, which was bloody brilliant both years i've been. Nightwish are also good, I know they're different but they have a lot of talent. God Forbid have a new album out today, hopefully should be in my post today. Oh and I seriously recommend you look at http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com as they're doing an anniversery CD. A load of band members from the label are coming together to make a one off selection of songs, plus bands and their original lineups (don't know about Sepultura and Max Cavalera, that's asking a bit too much) are making some covers and songs. Download the song "Dagger", which has Howard Jones on vocals and Rob Flynn on guitar and few others from other bands.

Love 'tr00' metal, hate Korn.

I think "Nu metal" gets a bad reputation because of loads of shitty bands that copied the original formula but dropped crap in the mix. Also bands like limp bizkit. When KoRn started out the scene didnt exist and it was new. KoRn i wouldnt class as rap metal either because very few songs have rap in them.

I think "Nu metal" gets a bad reputation because of loads of shitty bands that copied the original formula but dropped crap in the mix. Also bands like limp bizkit. When KoRn started out the scene didnt exist and it was new. KoRn i wouldnt class as rap metal either because very few songs have rap in them.

Without a doubt nu-metal gets it's bad name from it more-than-fair share of crap bands. Whilst some, I have to say, are very good.

Korn? Korn?! Man, I haven't listened to them since I started playing guitar, and realised how inanely boring and unchallenging the music was (as well as it totally being targeted towards a mainstream audience. Metal for young kids. AKA Nu-metal).

If we're talking metal... here are some REAL metal bands/acts:

Anthrax, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Testament, Exodus, DragonForce, Tony MacAlpine, Shadows Fall, Hammerfall, Manowar, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Cacophony, Helloween, Rusty Cooley, Symphony X, Vinnie Moore and a few others I've forgotten.

Check 'em out.

• Like 1

Korn? Korn?! Man, I haven't listened to them since I started playing guitar, and realised how inanely boring and unchallenging the music was (as well as it totally being targeted towards a mainstream audience. Metal for young kids. AKA Nu-metal).

Anthrax, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Testament, Exodus, DragonForce, Tony MacAlpine, Shadows Fall, Hammerfall, Manowar, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Cacophony, Helloween and a few others I've forgotten.

Check 'em out.

I love you because you love metal!

Maiden and Helloween :bow:

Anthrax, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, Testament, Exodus, DragonForce, Tony MacAlpine, Shadows Fall, Hammerfall, Manowar, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Cacophony, Helloween, Rusty Cooley, Symphony X, Vinnie Moore and a few others I've forgotten.

Check 'em out.

Maiden and Metallica kick ass. Ive heard a few Pantera songs and they were good. Ive also heard good things about quite a few of these bands but in my opinion Megadeth suck. And Nu metal isnt for young kids (apart from Linkin Park) thats just the way the media pegged it.

Maiden and Metallica kick ass. Ive heard a few Pantera songs and they were good. Ive also heard good things about quite a few of these bands but in my opinion Megadeth suck. And Nu metal isnt for young kids (apart from Linkin Park) thats just the way the media pegged it.

I respect that you like them and all, but to me they're just not technically and musically as good as older bands, who have more purpose and direction to their playing, as well as being technically excellent at their instruments, with agressive, melodic vocals. for me ya can't beat that.

Megadeth have some bad albums, it's true, but they also have some genre-definingly good albums, such as Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? and, in particular, Rust in Peace. Check 'em out.

Easy.

I respect that you like them and all, but to me they're just not technically and musically as good as older bands, who have more purpose and direction to their playing, as well as being technically excellent at their instruments, with agressive, melodic vocals. for me ya can't beat that.

Megadeth have some bad albums, it's true, but they also have some genre-definingly good albums, such as Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? and, in particular, Rust in Peace. Check 'em out.

Easy.

I just might check them out but as far as KoRns vocals go if you listen to all the albums there is almost every vocal style. Musically there has also been alot of change through the albums while they more or less stick to the original sound on most songs.(Issues and Untouchables are completely different to the rest) My only criticism of them is that the drumming could be better.

Nightwish are also good, I know they're different but they have a lot of talent. God Forbid have a new album out today, hopefully should be in my post today.

I agree that Nightwish are talented and I have really tried to get into them. I just cannot seem to get past Tarjas vocal style , I appreciate what they are trying to do but to me it just doesn't quite gel.

Regarding the new God Forbid album, I would be interested in your views on it. I was going to buy it but one of my favourite DJs who has a serious obsession with them received an advance copy and was not at all impressed. I also heard 'Chains of Humanity' recently and was really unsure about it. Shame , as I was really looking forward to it.

Cheers for the heads-up about the Roadrunner anniversary CD , I was aware of it and was looking to get hold of it.