NEurope
Jonnas

N-E's Top Ten Gamecube Games

Just out of curiosity, how long do I have to wait before the posts don't merge together if I double post?

Eight hours.

Or just until someone else posts. :heh:

WOW, good thing they changed Leons voice from that original trailer, to the one we are all so familiar with today!

1. Skies of Arcadia: Still my favorite game of the era. Possibly of all time. It's such a charming RPG.

2. Twilight Princess: TP has actually grown on me. At first I was disappointed but went back to it recently and loved it. Initially I think I was too hyped for it.

3. Luigi's Mansion: A brilliant launch game. I played it again recently it's still very enjoyable.

4. Smash Bros Melee: Got loads of playtime. Really was enjoyable and although Brawl is amazing. I miss Mewtwo and Roy enough to go back now and then.

5. Tales of Sympthonia: Another charming RPG. Still haven't played the sequel. Looking forward to it.

6. Mario Kart: Double Dash: It's one of my favourite Mario Karts. Co-op Grand Prixs made unlocking things fun. Playing by myself to unlock characters in the Wii version was dull in my eyes.

7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: Good solid Fire Emblem game. Enjoyed the tales of Ike and others,

8. Wind Waker: Charming and fun but a little disappointing Triforce hunt. Could of been better.

9. Mario Strikers: A surprisingly good game.

10. Pikmin: Delightful and amusing.

Yay for some Skies of Arcadia love! :yay:

Is that Vyse image from the Valkyria Chronicles anime? Why is he so serious?

He's probably angry because they killed him off almost immediately.

Pretty much. His cameo was very short lived.

I've been playing some Cube again and must admit that the console was very much 'fun' when looking back. Playing Windwaker has been great and Chibi Link looks and controls superbly. Give 'Celda' a new 3D outing please!

I've also been playing WaveRace and 1080 a lot - 1080 Avalanche remains one of my favourite snowboarding games and has put aside SSX for the PS3 as I get back into the subtle control scheme and the tight track design that demands time trial repetition.

WaveRace too has been great but I do still find it a little too twitchy, however, the game runs like a dream. So slick!

I've been playing Burnout 1/2 as well and have been impressed by the purity of them all over again. Burnout2 still controls like a dream with a Wavebird controller.

Then there's Sunshine - I've been enjoying the atmosphere but the Levels feel a little bland compared to Mario64 (even with that extra power!) and it just doesn't encourage me to continue playing it through all over again. Graphically the paint effects are still impressive though and the warp pipe/challenge moments (with acapella SMB music) are VERY Super Mario Galaxy-esque.

It has been great to get back into some of the GC's output. I hope they bring a catalogue of titles to WiiU as there are loads of people that probably missed out on classics like Doshin the Gia..... ;)

Edited by tapedeck

I do hope I can download Cube games in the future. I never found Paper Mario 2 at a decent price. Plus, there's the (tiny) chance that I could finally play Baten Kaitos Origins.

They'd have to make GC controllers compatible with the Wii U, though.

By the way, should I do another one of these lists for other consoles as well?

I've been playing Burnout 1/2 as well and have been impressed by the purity of them all over again. Burnout2 still controls like a dream with a Wavebird controller.

Burnout 2 was a high point in the series for me, it was the perfect balance between focus on the crashing and pure racing goodness. And the cube version had upgrades over the original PS2 version - higher detail models & extra modes :)

I've also recently discovered Smuggler's Run, which is a hidden gem. Fun crazy taxi-style gameplay, in a MASSIVE open landscape environment, and also worth owning since it's the only Rockstar game to ever come out on the cube. Also improved graphics & gameplay over the original PS2 version, and runs at a silky smooth 60fps.

Burnout 2 was a high point in the series for me, it was the perfect balance between focus on the crashing and pure racing goodness. And the cube version had upgrades over the original PS2 version - higher detail models & extra modes :)

I've also recently discovered Smuggler's Run, which is a hidden gem. Fun crazy taxi-style gameplay, in a MASSIVE open landscape environment, and also worth owning since it's the only Rockstar game to ever come out on the cube. Also improved graphics & gameplay over the original PS2 version, and runs at a silky smooth 60fps.

Smuggler's Run is such an awesome game! I remember picking it up just because it was cheap and me and my brother wanted a game to play. We played the shit out of it.

Smuggler's Run is such an awesome game! I remember picking it up just because it was cheap and me and my brother wanted a game to play. We played the shit out of it.

I remember Smugglers Run being bitch-hard. If you failed to coax the AI into a tree or an exploit, they were absolutely ruthless. May well have been a case of rubber banding.