NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
*Dalco*

Will people get a chance to test the revo?

What i mean is (casue title ain't clear) when the revo is launched do you think stores i.e GAME etc. will have a revo set up to play? the reason being as the controllers wireless they won't be able to bolt it down? The reason i am wondring this is becasue the revo will need to be in stores to entise those who are hessitant.

P.S if a Moderator don't see th point in this topic feel free to delteter or lock it

They could always put the controller on a chain or something like they do for the stylus on the DS. The problem will be the same for PS3 who will also have wireless controllers (always copting nintendo *cough*). The only company dumb enough not to launch with only wireless is Microsoft with their core system having cords.

lol

Well I'm sure that it will still be possible. Like Link said, they could always use chains or just have a member of staff monitor the people playing it.

2 B honest i have no idea how it will be playable in a store. prob the remote will be in a protective casing and a teather attached. :hmm:

Yeah, like most other wireless you can play in stores, it will probably be wired down somehow.

But I'm not totally sure how they could do it in a way that might not hinder gameplay.

Nintendo had a wired version of the REV controller present (due to the fact that the wireless version didn't have the rumble feature yet) where ever members of the press were able to try it out. So something akin to that could be used....

...problem solved.

Maybe the controller could be kept behind the counter and one of the screens be used for play, so you have to ask and they monitor you. Much like if you ask to play a PSP at the moment, they stand guard.

The controller will have to be atached to some kind of chain inorder to be able to play a demo machine. then it would just sit in a holster when it isn't being played. I'm sure though that games shops will have a behind the counter version for people to use before release. The first time I saw a gamecube in real life was in Dixons of all places, but I couldn't play on it :'(

games may require wireless operation though. we don't know how real games may use the controller, so it could be a problem.

I imagine they'd security tag it, and possibly alter it so it will only work on retail revolutions. and make sure the controller was tamper proof too.

I think the controller is not the main problem. To play you I guess you need a certain difference between you and the monitor and this might be difficult to achieve in a small store. Furthermore it is a futile attempt to secure the controller because in most stores I know some stupid little kids always manage to destroy everything. I saw PSPs, Nintendo Handhelds, Controllers damaged within hours at launch - man people especially children do not respect rules. There philosophy is if it doesn't belong to me why bother taking care of something.

I would even go as far to actually check certain teenager (if there is a valid reason to do so) if they are actually going to buy the electronic equipment they are playing with. Here it is really pretty bad - there are at nearly every time children at the consoles playing and I am 100% sure they can't afford a console.

games may require wireless operation though. we don't know how real games may use the controller, so it could be a problem.

I imagine they'd security tag it, and possibly alter it so it will only work on retail revolutions. and make sure the controller was tamper proof too.

yeah they could alter it to work on a different frequency to the ones that the retail versions would work on.

I think the controller is not the main problem. To play you I guess you need a certain difference between you and the monitor and this might be difficult to achieve in a small store. Furthermore it is a futile attempt to secure the controller because in most stores I know some stupid little kids always manage to destroy everything. I saw PSPs, Nintendo Handhelds, Controllers damaged within hours at launch - man people especially children do not respect rules. There philosophy is if it doesn't belong to me why bother taking care of something.

I would even go as far to actually check certain teenager (if there is a valid reason to do so) if they are actually going to buy the electronic equipment they are playing with. Here it is really pretty bad - there are at nearly every time children at the consoles playing and I am 100% sure they can't afford a console.

what if they want to buy the game, not the console? as in they may already own the console.

fair enough, there are losers who shouldn't play on the consoles (ie the one's who will damage them) but those who aren't damaging them may as well play on them. if there's a queue then fair enough, but whats the point of a tv just displaying the menu screen?

it would be fun to see someone doing crazy things in a store :lol:

yeah just imagine the scene it would cause if people were acting up like the people do on the revolution promo film!

even funnier imagine your gran going into a games shop for the 1st time to get u a xmas prezzie and being scared shitless but kids jumping around the store playing an FPS with one of these things

@Pestneb: Of course people should try games at those consoles but I think it is a bit strange if the same 4 kids stay at all consoles for over 4 hours and that nearly every day and they show no respect at all. A young woman with their kid wanted to try a game for the birthday of the kid and those guys at the console simply told her to f**k off. And since there was no employee I "talked" to them and they went away.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this