Level cap raised to 90

New class: Monk

New race: Pandarens

Pve Scenarios

Pet Battle System (Pokemonnn!)

New Talents

New continent

Challenge Mode Dungeons

Looks terrible. Cata was awful, had nothing on WotLK. Doubt I'll return to wow for that.

wowpetbattlesystem.jpg

The Blizzard Entertainment developers are walking through the biggest features of the newly announced Mists of Pandaria expansion, and while you can head on over to our sister site at WoW Insider for all of the details, there was one big new feature that we couldn't ignore. Players have been able to collect pets in the World of Warcraft for quite a while now, but a new Pet Battle System will come with the next expansion that allows players to both customize their pets with new names and other items, and even battle each other.

And if you think that sounds a little bit like Pokemon, you're not wrong at all. The battle system, which Blizzard's lead designer Cory Stockton walked through, will have players choosing three pets to fight with at a time, turn-based battles using three abilities per battle (out of six), and even "Master Trainers" which can be beaten around the world of Azeroth to unlock new abilities.

Pets can be obtained in all kinds of different ways, and there will be new "wild pets" that can only be found out in the world (in Goldshire, the devs suggested, while it's raining, during the Spring, only at night). Blizzard has given away special pets during holidays, at events like BlizzCon, and even sold pets for real money on the store. As if World of Warcraft needed to be any more addictive, Blizzard has somehow figured out a way to include their own version of Pokemon inside of it.

Looks fine. They need to focus more on endgame content unlike Cata which redid 1-60 and was lighter for endgame.

The engine is further updated. Looks like structures and buildings are much more complex.

It looks like they've been watching too much Kung Fu Panda.

Panadarens existed well before Kung Fu Panda ;)

So errr....they put a Panda in the game basically for all the millions of chinese players? Can they only fight against each other? As its kind of a taboo in China to harm a Panda.

So errr....they put a Panda in the game basically for all the millions of chinese players? Can they only fight against each other? As its kind of a taboo in China to harm a Panda.

Pandarens arent new to warcraft. They have been in the lore and the old strategy games. Infact Pandarens were originally meant to be the alliance race for Burning Crusade.

If anything China probably won't get the new expansion - I'm surprised it's going to exist.

I get to go into the Beta test (as I'm sure some of you do too.) for this as I signed up before with Diablo 3.

I like the idea, I like the idea of everything but the race of Pandas, I could deal with worgen, they related in a way, but pandas stand out so much.

Regardless, I'll buy it and play it, for giggles.

So a date has been announced for 25th September, pre expansion patch is on its way too.

Anyone excited? or is it only me?! :P

Would say I'd like to be but I'm playing without either WotLK or Cataclysm so... *shrug*

Will get around to it when I need to start another character.

I was originally very excited. But now...not so much.

I love WoW, but I just find the time it takes to play just doesn't fit anymore, I can't put in 3/4 hours of raiding time a week (if not more) to see all of the content. Some of the levelling looks great and the pandas are pretty cool, but in the end, once you reach 90 you've got to be raiding or doing something with a group to keep yourself occupied.

Shame, maybe pick it up sometime in the future.

I think WoW for me has run it's course. I don't want to put time into it anymore, or at least pay £8.99 a month and put very little time into the game.

In that case, hit up Guild Wars 2. Way better than this and no monthly fees. :)

In that case, hit up Guild Wars 2. Way better than this and no monthly fees. :)

The thing is, I'm tired of that whole mmo business. It's a lot of dedication these days. Perhaps it's less raidy than WoW, but mmos haven't changed all that much.

But hey, I hope you enjoy it, I've heard some pretty cool things about Guild Wars 2 so far.

You gain exp doing literally anything including playing world vs world pvp, and it has done away with dedicated healers and tanks.

To me GW2 felt less like an MMORPG, more like a cool action RPG.

I imagine it does. But after so many years, I'm just a bit 'bleh'. I realise its not adding too much to this WoW discussion. But I've played the MoP beta and found it was just...I didn't care about it enough.

Maybe in a while I'll come back to mmos.