NEurope
Cube

Galaxy Nexus

230_Galaxy_Nexus_SignuUp.jpg

The phone that is launching the next iteration of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich.

It has great specs: 1.2GHz Dual-Core Processor, 1280x720p 4.65" screen (some of that is for the buttons), 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB Memory. The camera is 5 megapixels (I think people are finally realising that megapixels aren't actually that important). NGC, Bluetooth 3.0, various other things.

While I really like the design, I'm more interested in the changes with Ice Cream Sandwich itself, and it looks pretty certain that I'll eventually be able to put it on my current phone and my HP Touchpad.

If I was to get a new phone this would be it. Looks so good and has the specs to match the appeal of vanilla android. Wasn't this called Nexus Prime once?

It was, but now it's got a more prominent Samsung branding. You used to think of the Nexus as Google phones, made by Samsung. Now they're more like Samsung Phones, in partnership with Google.

It does look really nice, you can only just tell in that profile picture that it's actually curved, including the glass.

http://androidcommunity.com/ice-cream-sandwich-ui-enhancements-a-new-spin-on-android-20111018/

http://androidcommunity.com/ice-cream-sandwich-new-features-not-mentioned-during-webcast-20111018/

Some details on the ICS features.

It's borrowing some things from WebOS - notably the swipe functions and the "open apps", which work similar to the notification bar and cards system of WebOS. Widgets can be resized and apps can be hidden if you don't use them.

The camera app has been given a massive overhaul, as has the download manager. There is also a built-in data usage monitor which also has the option to turn of your data if you reach a set limit.

The quick message feature for calls also looks pretty nifty (if someone is calling you can pick from a selection of set messages to send them with a few presses).

So who's looking to get one? I might get one depending on how much the 32GB version costs. Otherwise I'll seriously need something with an SD card as 16GB would be too small for me. In which case I'll have to wait a little bit longer for the Samsung variant.

Have to say I really like the new Roboto font.

I'm more interested in Motorola's Droid RAZR to be honest. That handset looks insanely good!

Still, not a bad update. Tempted to sell my iPad and try out ICS on a tablet now.

Bad news guys:

British online retailer Clove is the first to offer up SIM-free UK pricing for the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which was unveiled yesterday in Hong Kong. On its official blog, Clove says that it's "confirmed" the price at £514.80 inc. VAT (~$825), with a initial stock of the Ice Cream Sandwich-powered treats apparently arriving "at the beginning of November."

................Clove says it's also confirmed that the 32GB Galaxy Nexus won't be making it to British shores, instead limiting consumers to the 16GB model.

Looks like I'll be sharpening MAH RAZR!

Is this essentially the next Galaxy?

I am due an upgrade now (or to go elsewhere) and intended to get a Galaxy S II.

When is this out?

If I were to get a Galaxy S II, what is the best contract deal? I've seen fairly good ones for around £24 and paying £50 ish for the phone.

Is this essentially the next Galaxy?

I am due an upgrade now (or to go elsewhere) and intended to get a Galaxy S II.

When is this out?

If I were to get a Galaxy S II, what is the best contract deal? I've seen fairly good ones for around £24 and paying £50 ish for the phone.

• This is the next nexus device, however from a branding stand point it is a combination of two brands coming together. The nexus brand and the galaxy brand. Check the "something big is coming" video in the Android thread.

• The next Galaxy phone is the SGS3 which is rumoured to be out in March.

• I've been due an upgrade since September but I've been holding out for this phone. Not so sure if I'd go for it now but personally I'm not interested in the SGS2.

• The SNG is due out in November so not too long from now. I think the UK launch was said to be around the 1st.

• Best place to get a cheap SGS2 contract is to checkout hotukdeals. http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s2

So close to getting this phone. Best deal I've found is 500 minutes 3000 texts £17 a month 1GB data but £200 for the handset. Total cost is about £608.

I just ordered mine, went through quidco to get £60 cashback which means I got it plus the contract for £548.