NEurope
Aneres11

Steps Reunion!

So...

I may be out-gaying myself here, but I do not care. :D

Steps are back people!

It would appear that their Ultimate Hits Collection - which was released Monday - is on course to bag the number 1 album spot this week ahead of Evanescence, much to some peoples disgust :woops:

I loved Steps when I was younger - they had some fantastically cheesy pop songs and did some great covers - IMO.

I saw that they had a documentary on Sky Living where they were to meet for the first time since their split 10 years ago. Since that, they have got back together, recorded again and are going on tour next year.

I won't be going to the tour or anything - but will admit I downloaded the Ultimate Hits Collection - and it's brilliant. It really is just hit after hit and it's nice to hear some innocent pop music - you just don't get it anymore!

Anyone else a Steps fan on here? Any closet fans?!

Come on, there's gotta be at least one of you! Or is it just me... :hmm::laughing:

You're certainly out-gaying me, anyway. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Gotta admit to enjoying some of their songs, just for what they were... pure fun!

They were one of those groups that were on all the TV shows like SMTV/CDUK etc... that used to be on. Same with songs from groups like Five and the like.

They've got plenty of classics in there that everyone knows, and I think secretly kinda like! ;)

I saw them interviewed on something the other day, 10 year reunion tour next April or something I think.

Faye is still hot! :D *for me atleast* :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I liked a couple of Steps songs but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them though. Also, I'm not entirely bothered that they're getting back together either. It's good in a nostalgic kind of way and I suppose their music is better than half of the shit that's released today but overly not bothered.

I saw them on some programme this morning.

Their dancing was rigid.

haha yeah I saw them on perform on something... it's because they're obviously completely out of it atm I think.

If anyone's watched Celebrity Masterchef in the past, I remember one of the girls was on it a year or so ago and had put on ALOT of weight!

It would appear that their Ultimate Hits Collection - which was released Monday - is on course to bag the number 1 album spot this week ahead of Evanescence, much to some peoples disgust :woops:

Mine included.

Steps aren't too bad but they weren't the best pop group at the time.

Mine included.

Steps aren't too bad but they weren't the best pop group at the time.

Tbf I think the same could be said of Evanescence in todays market... maybe they'll get their No.1 album in 10 years! :p

*and with 3 posts already in this thread... I think I need to re-attach my balls and go work on a car or something!*

Edited by Retro_Link

You gotta admit though - for an Ultimate Hits collection, it is PACKED with hits.

Like seriously.

What is annoying me a bit, is that every TV show they have been on they have sang live. Might not have been good live singing - but if they just stood and mimed they'd have been slated for that too! So good on them. :D

Love's Got A Hold On My Heart may be the gayest song ever. But I fucking love it. :heh:

Tbf I think the same could be said of Evanescence in todays market... maybe they'll get their No.1 album in 10 years! :p

*and with 3 posts already in this thread... I think I need to re-attach my balls and go work on a car or something!*

Didn't Evanescence get to #1 with Fallen? :weep:

Also, shows how much out of the loop I am with them, I didn't even know their album was out now. I knew there was an album in the works and knew What You Want (awesome song) was out but didn't know the album was released.

You gotta admit though - for an Ultimate Hits collection, it is PACKED with hits.

Like seriously.

Yeah, pretty much every single one of their songs is a 90's pop classic!!

Didn't Evanescence get to #1 with Fallen? :weep:

Also, shows how much out of the loop I am with them, I didn't even know their album was out now. I knew there was an album in the works and knew What You Want (awesome song) was out but didn't know the album was released.

I think they have had a number one album, I was just making the point really that no one should hold it against Steps... they were massive back in the day!

Yeah, I did like Steps but I weren't overly-keen on them. 5 6 7 8 is one of those songs that you can't get out of your head and you wouldn't want to either. I might give them another listen. I'm into cheesy pop music so I might like them anyway. I was more S Club 7. Rachel Stevens and Hannah Spearitt (sp?) :heh:

I can't believe I forgot Evanescence's new album though, damn you life!

I had the Step One album...I must've been in third or fourth class in primary school when they were big, along with B*witched and Boyzone. (I remember listening to their tapes during sleepovers :cool:)

However, Steps > Evanescence would simply be unacceptable :red:

I had their second album I think, the one where they had their faces reflected on the other side of the band name. Dunno which one that is. One of my first albums actually.

I was more of an S Club 7 fan though, few years between each starting I know but they had my allegiance. I only remember liking a few Steps songs. I still hear 5, 6, 7, 8 at clubs sometimes!

ALSO: For everyone I imagine who would decry them as awful/cheesy/too camp whatever by today's pop music 'standards'...the beat in Deeper Shade of Blue is basically the current trendy dance beat...

If anyone's watched Celebrity Masterchef in the past, I remember one of the girls was on it a year or so ago and had put on ALOT of weight!

TRAGEDY!

claire1.jpg

ALSO: For everyone I imagine who would decry them as awful/cheesy/too camp whatever by today's pop music 'standards'...the beat in Deeper Shade of Blue is basically the current trendy dance beat...

This.

I love you Paj!

I used to like the tunage of Steps. Pity they split 10 years ago, all over 2 members.

Still, wonder if they will get the same fan-base as before for the tour. And not do a spice girls, and split again 1/2 way through.

I had their second album I think, the one where they had their faces reflected on the other side of the band name. Dunno which one that is. One of my first albums actually.

I believe that was the first one - Step One.

Well The Ultimate Collection album got to number 1!

I'm actually really pleased for them :grin:

People actually care? Is what I would say if you were talking about that Sky thing. I doubt they'll make anything better then they did all those years ago if they plan to release new singles.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

People actually care? Is what I would say if you were talking about that Sky thing. I doubt they'll make anything better then they did all those years ago if they plan to release new singles.

People must if it is number 1!

And that's little promotion.

If they have the right song, they can probably do well again.

It's all about the songs. But they didn't put a foot wrong with their songs all those years ago. The amount of great pop songs on this collection shows that.

:)

Well The Ultimate Collection album got to number 1!

I'm actually really pleased for them :grin:

I'm happy for them but Evanescence deserved it more, I felt! :(

Ah well, I like Steps anyway so no harm but I was always S Club 7. I'd like for them to join again!