Shorty

iPhone 4S October 14 starting at £499

capturelcx.png

Looks the same as the iPhone 4

Faster (A5 chip)

More RAM

New antenna

8MP camera and 1080p video recording

"Siri", your personal assistant who can take pretty sweet voice commands like "arrange a meeting with bob for next tuesday", or "find me a good chinese restaurant in manchester", to which it will respond with a list of them order of highest rated.

16GB, 32GB and 64GB models

Pre orders start Oct 7 from £499

Released Oct 14

Original iPhone 4 and 3GS also to drop in price.

Edited by Shorty

I've been due an upgrade for a couple of months, so this will do me. One question remains however.

BLACK OR WHITE?

Okay, that was pretty awesome.

May still wait until the Nokia event later this month before buying a new phone though.

I still have an iPhone 3G and it's getting pretty terrible nowadays.

Also I don't like contracts, so I generally buy my phones SIM free.

Yeah I have to say I am slightly miffed at no iPhone 5 though...

I mean, they're stood there saying "all new inside" - so why not just change the outside and you got yourself an iPhone 5...??

Obviously they have got a shit load of parts and screens that they can still put to use by using the same design and screen as the current model.

It does disappoint me a bit though.

Are the updates worth it for someone with a current iPhone 4? Not entirely sure personally. The A5 Processor is fantastic but they gave it a gaming nod and said how much it will enhance that. Great - but why the hell would I want to play games on a buttonless device? Or where you put buttons on the screen where the action is?!

Siri sounds good - though I honestly can't see myself using it when I can just tap the weather app with my finger?

Great for asking it random questions - like finding restaurants etc, but for general stuff that there is already an app for, it seems a bit pointless.

The camera and video camera upgrades are a big plus though. Think its brilliant - as I honestly think the camera and video camera on my 4 are still really impressive! 1080p vid recording is an awesome leap!

That's kind of all that's being upgraded here unfortunately.

Part of me thinks that iOS 5 is more impressive in terms of what that is adding than the leap between the 4 and the 4s...

Just my opinion though!

Siri sounds good - though I honestly can't see myself using it when I can just tap the weather app with my finger?

Or look out of the window.

Ripped to a new thread, cos why not :) ...may have made ReZ look a bit blind.

The white one looks great.

Did they say when they would announce the 5?

Ripped to a new thread, cos why not :) ...may have made ReZ look a bit blind.

224058_10150565209200581_509970580_18314222_6956317_n.jpg

The white one looks great.

Did they say when they would announce the 5?

224058_10150565209200581_509970580_18314222_6956317_n.jpg

I have the white iPhone 4 - there is no contest. The white is an amazing looking piece of sexual technology phone. Technical term right there.

White all the way.

The 5 got no mention - expect it around June / July next year.

There is no way they can wait any longer than that as the competition (HTC, Samsung) will have caught up and then some by then.

Letting people wait this long for these minimal 'upgrades' is not good from Apple imo. :angry:

But great for people who have a 3g / 3gs or are wanting to move to an iPhone.

I'll get the white one just because I had the black 4 until a few months ago. Perfectly happy with it, but the change will make it feel more like a new phone :p

Okay I think I may go for it as well...

I was thinking WP7 for a while but the apps just aren't there yet for me.

Don't know if I fancy finding 500 quid right now though.

May look at contracts.

Does anywhere even offer unlimited internet?

I've got so used to it on GiffGaff...

I'll go white. Back when I had the 3G, I always remarked how little fingerprints showed up on the white version that I had in comparison to the black version that my sister owned.

Meh

I'll wait for an iPhone 5 and hope it has some physical buttons as well, touch screen only bores me now, especially since they are trying to shoe horn portable gaming on there

the most important question though

Can i have custom message tones? whats that Jobs? no you've banned that like flash and 18+ content even after you've resigned?

uhhh

Must admit I'm more interested in the price drop to the iPhone4, purely because I can't afford a 4S. If the 8GB model is nice and cheap I'll be on it soon(ish).

The contract on my 3GS runs out in just under a week - perfect timing! I'll be going for a white one, methinks. It's a shame that it's not as huge an upgrade over the 4 as I'd been hoping, but I'm not going to hang around waiting for the 5.

Must admit I'm more interested in the price drop to the iPhone4, purely because I can't afford a 4S. If the 8GB model is nice and cheap I'll be on it soon(ish).

Sorry to disappoint. It's £429.

It's increasingly looking like I'll be grabbing the obscenely large HTC Titan for my next handset. Not seen anything to tempt me away yet.

Not interested in the Nexus Prime then? Should see it along with Ice Cream Sandwich in under a fortnight.

Is it not going to be sold on a contract? Didn't expect it to be cheap unlocked from Apple.

I have the white iPhone 4 - there is no contest. The white is an amazing looking piece of sexual technology phone. Technical term right there.

White all the way.

The 5 got no mention - expect it around June / July next year.

There is no way they can wait any longer than that as the competition (HTC, Samsung) will have caught up and then some by then.

Letting people wait this long for these minimal 'upgrades' is not good from Apple imo. :angry:

But great for people who have a 3g / 3gs or are wanting to move to an iPhone.

No way the iPhone 5 will be in June/July. That would make the life cycle of the 4s only 9 months. Expect it for Christmas next year.

It's increasingly looking like I'll be grabbing the obscenely large HTC Titan for my next handset. Not seen anything to tempt me away yet.

It'll be much much cheaper on a contract. I would guess around the prices that the 3Gs is at the moment.

I will not be getting the 4s, for the same reasons I didn't get the 3Gs. I can't justify upgrading for what is essentially a speed update. I don't play games on it, only use it for emails, the calendar, phone and texting. Anything else doesn't really affect me too much. I'm holding out for the iPhone 5 to be much better like the jump from 3Gs > 4.

Also my iPHone 4 contract is up in December and I can move to a £15 / month rolling 3 contract which will get me the same as my £35 month contract. Huge savings.

Must say, if I hadn't bust my iPhone 4, I would not have upgraded to the 4S.

I'm only getting the 4S because I got insurance money for my 4, and set it aside for this. I've been using a Nokia 5800 for a couple of months :x

I've been using a Nokia 5800 for a couple of months :x

You think that's bad my current phone of the last 5 years has been this bad boy.

samsungd900.gif

Samsung D900, think I'm due an upgrade.

Not interested in the Nexus Prime then? Should see it along with Ice Cream Sandwich in under a fortnight.

Maybe. I've just not got a lot of enthusiasm for Android, ICS would have to be quite a drastic improvement before I'd want to go near another Android phone.

Puuuurrrrrfect. This means I can make a proper upgrade to the iPhone 5 when my iPhone 4 contract is up.