NEurope
Ashley

Arrested Development Season 4

I plan to watch them a day. One a week until there are no more.

I will wait until Daft has done that and eat him.

And that's how I became your spirit animal.

Myself and 2 friends have already planned to book in a holiday for the day they come out and watch every single one.

People have probably seen them by now, but new character posters.

lucille.jpgmaeby.jpg

Re-watching the show now, just started on the pilot. It's amazing how young Alia Shawkat is in this compared to that poster.

8:01am

Which means we all need this for breakfast:

tumblr_lr0x9fzLvB1qeqdkco1_500.jpg

Oh this is weird. Watching the second episode and could really see that one part was green screen.

So I hear we might be getting Netflix in The Netherlands at the end of Summer. Great! Will watch this instantly.

Oh this is weird. Watching the second episode and could really see that one part was green screen.

Well one guy is playing two people :p

Three episodes in and enjoying it. Portia has had some... interesting surgery. Looking more like Shelley Long now.

Well one guy is playing two people :p

Three episodes in and enjoying it. Portia has had some... interesting surgery. Looking more like Shelley Long now.

Thats not the part I was talking about. Those parts were done very well in comparison to the green screen shots needed because the cast members couldnt all be there at the same time.

Gonna be marathoning through these today with snacks and pizzas. LET THE GREAT EXPERIMENT BEGIN.

I'm not entirely sold on the over arching story but there have been some great moments in the episodes that you would associate with Arrested Development.

Up to episode 10 and calling it quits today. Our group will be finishing up tomorrow.

It started slow, but it seems to ge building up to something quite amazing. The plotting is incredible, even if the plot itself is kind of weird and empty in places.

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

Only had time to watch the first episode yesterday which I thought was pretty good.

Quite a few cringe moments from Michael. Him planning how to win the vote was pretty funny. Loved the Charlie Brown moment when he lost and walked out. Also hilarious how he didn't bother packing his bags as he didn't even contemplate losing.

Was at the cinema last night and they showed the AD trailer. Pretty sure there were only a handful of us laughing at it.

Finished it last night. Some general points:

As Guy said, the plotting really requires some kudos. It isn't always clear, but you know behind the scenes they had this crazy plan and timeline and jumped around it. Really must have been difficult staying on top of it. Looking forward to someone sorting out a linear version :heh:

Took me until the third episode to notice that the opening credits were reflective of whoever was on focus.

Good use of callbacks, without being reliant upon them.

Surprising amount of cameos and returning characters. Clearly a labour of love.

Overall I'm happy with it. It was an interesting take, but hopefully if they do get a movie they can get all these people together at once. It felt a bit slower and quieter, but I guess that's because of their limitations so things had to slow down. Hopefully a movie would feature more rapid-paced conversations that we're used to.

It was certainly much darker than the original season, particularly the ending. I think it worked well though. In spite of the series premise being that they don't really like each other, they stayed together. However, now (due to time/actor limitations) they've been allowed to drift apart and it feels like they've all been through the ringer a bit more. Michael in particular has hit a low point. They all finished in a pretty bad place really.

They continued their tradition of planting a joke and then revealing it later on. Two that come to mind are Lindsay's cancelled shaman session and Tony Wonder's legs. Looking forward to watching again and seeing some of the jokes earlier.

I enjoyed Kristen Wiig as young Lucille. Seth Rogan was...okay.

It was certainly much darker than the original season, particularly the ending. I think it worked well though. In spite of the series premise being that they don't really like each other, they stayed together. However, now (due to time/actor limitations) they've been allowed to drift apart and it feels like they've all been through the ringer a bit more. Michael in particular has hit a low point. They all finished in a pretty bad place really.

They continued their tradition of planting a joke and then revealing it later on. Two that come to mind are Lindsay's cancelled shaman session and Tony Wonder's legs. Looking forward to watching again and seeing some of the jokes earlier.

I enjoyed Kristen Wiig as young Lucille. Seth Rogan was...okay.

I thought it was a bit weird having Wiig and Rogan playing the younger versions seeing as we usually just had the normal actors do it in previous seasons. They even had to cut around that during the cornballer flashback.

Saying that though I thought Wiig did it perfectly, Seth Rogan in my opinion was terrible.

Yeah it was a bit odd, but guess it was also to do with the availability of Tambor and Walters. As you said though, Wiig was great and Rogan not so much. I always feel like Seth Rogan is trying to put on Seth Rogan's voice, it just never sounds natural.

Oh and one more thing: I can't believe that people weren't aware that the 'Showstealer Pro Trial Software' watermark was a joke. COME ON!

Edited by Ashley