NEurope
Ashley

Arrested Development Season 4

According to reports from a festival going on right now featuring all the cast.

It seems its coming back for a season of sorts (one episode per character), which leads to the film.

More to come but for now gifs and scepticism!

Ah, I wondered why I was having this massive erection. This explains the first nine inches at least.

I want to believe. So much. But I'm just so scared. It won't be right. People will see it who haven't seen the show...and then maybe they're know that and try and mainstream it...no...

[Vertigo-esque dream sequence occurs]

picture_5.pngtumblr_lh5xdcpxbZ1qz9luso1_500.jpgbob-loblaw.jpg

[/end sequence]

Oh plee-ease! [/sung earnestly/powerfully]

XR3Za.gif

Bateman and Arnett have confirmed it on Twitter, the source of all news.

According to a reporter Jason Bateman has said the filming of the movie starts this summer, hoping to have the tv series on air this autumn. However Bateman himself has tweeted "probably shoot them all [film & tv] together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!"

Fantastic news :) I love the TV show. Shame it got treated poorly by BBC 2 in England, but I have the boxset which is always a great watch.

I assume Bateman hasn't been getting the film offers he was after.

I still need to rewatch the series I have before I can properly bash it for being boring. I promise.

In the five years since the show ended he's been in 21 films. I don't think he's doing too badly.

I never said he wasn't in any films. I said they may not be the roles he was after.

But he was good in Dodgeball, was an awesome break of his normal persona. And Smokin' Aces.

It seems its coming back for a season of sorts (one episode per character), which leads to the film.

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o5_r2_250.gif

A whole episode filled with Gob?

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o15_r3_250.gif

picture_5.png

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o2_250.gif

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o8_r5_250.gif

I still need to rewatch the series I have before I can properly bash it for being boring. I promise.

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o7_r1_250.gif

I CAME HERE FOR GIFS GIVE ME THE GIFS

tumblr_lq1hx656Ff1qlwqr7o1_r2_250.gif

Decided to start watching this today what with the announcement and all. Always meant to but never got round to it.

It's just plain awesome. Watching this after 30 Rock and knowing this came first..you can see the influences. Just wish I had seen it sooner. And I wish I could find the more of the episodes online :heh:

arrested-development-reunion-640-1317824690.jpg

When did Michael Cera become the oldest member of the cast?

Love a bit of AD but always skeptical when something "comes back". As long as it is original and steers clear of ironic, self-referential humour about it coming back, a slew of popular one-episode characters coming back for no reason or endless jokes based on previous jokes... I'll be ok.

The show has always been about irony, self-referential humour, characters coming back for no reason and jokes based on previous jokes...

So Arrested Development is returning to Netflix in America in 2013. The service isn't over here yet but they are launching it soon, and hopefully this will come with.

If not there's always other means...

511001748_881f933034_o.gif

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/04/mitchell-hurwitz-arrested-development-netflix.html

Arrested Development will be returning early 2013 and you won't have to wait a week between each episode (or more, How I Met Your Mother!) as they will all go live on Netflix at exactly the same time.

They've also ditched the '1 character per episode' and gone back to the same format as the original series'.

Filming is due to start this summer.

I'm glad they're sticking to the original format. It would have been a bit unsatisfying as the most laughs come when they're all together.